Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And it your option to send your children to those private schools. Go for it!
We have a nice portion of religious leaders in my family. And the children all go to religious schools and colleges.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I simply cannot believe you are still beating that poor dead horse.
It has been pointed out over and over to you that that is not what will be taught at that age, yet you completely refuse to see or understand that.
Why?????
Did you even read the article? Here's a quote from the article "Mandated sex-ed for Chicago kindergartners will include instruction about male and female anatomy and reproduction" sheesh

Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM

225 posts, read 344,686 times
Why on earth would anyone be against children learning sex education? Considering the attitude and qualities of teens these days, if they don't learn at school, they won't learn anywhere.

Knowledge does not cause pregnancy. It answers questions that children have. If your child is old enough to ask a question, s/he's old enough for an age-appropriate answer.

The day a child stops asking questions is the day their soul has died. The art of parenthood is to *teach* your children to *want* to learn. Not keep them from doing it.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
For the last time...
For the life of me, I simply cannot fathom what this disconnect is.
Is it cognitive dissonance taken to extremes?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Did you even read the article? Here's a quote from the article "Mandated sex-ed for Chicago kindergartners will include instruction about male and female anatomy and reproduction" sheesh
And what in that article screams "teaching sex" to you?
Did you somehow miss jj's post from the parenting site?
Do you somehow think reproduction=Kamasutra?
-facepalm-

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Teaching that the proper name for a vagina is not teaching sex.
Teaching the proper name for a penis is not teaching sex.
Teaching about basic reproduction is not teaching sex.

"Boys have penises"
"girls have vaginas"
"babies are made when a tiny cell from a man called a sperm combine with a tiny cell from a woman called an egg"

Where did I just discuss sex?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM

I don't understand why people want the government to raise their children, is it that people are too selfish or just too lazy to do it themselves? This is probably the biggest downfall in our future.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Teaching that the proper name for a vagina is not teaching sex.
Teaching the proper name for a penis is not teaching sex.
Teaching about basic reproduction is not teaching sex.

"Boys have penises"
"girls have vaginas"
"babies are made when a tiny cell from a man called a sperm combine with a tiny cell from a woman called an egg"

Where did I just discuss sex?
I never said sex, you did, i said reproduction.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
I don't understand why people want the government to raise their children, is it that people are too selfish or just too lazy to do it themselves? This is probably the biggest downfall in our future.
Ask the conservatives who think that TV should be censored so children can't see premarital sex.
GOP Hypocrisy?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
So I take it you don't think public schools should exist at all? I mean, shouldn't the parents be teaching their children everything - and not be so lazy to put that on the schools? They did just fine without schools for hundreds of years, right?

Btw, I fail to see how teaching kids basic sex ed = raising the kids for their parents. Is that all there is to raising a child? Sounds easy!! And if you're as anti-control (yeah right) as you claim to be, I'd think you would support offering ALL possible courses and giving parents the option of opting out; which is how things work now. But nooooo, what you actually DO want is control, but cannot see the forest for the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies