Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 02:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, get off your cross. We need the wood.
Why do you need more coffins for dead children??

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sebelius won't intervene in girl's transplant case - Vitals

U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius reiterated Tuesday that she won’t intervene in the “incredibly agonizing” case involving a 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl who is waiting for a lung transplant.

Medical experts should make those decisions, said Sebelius, who was grilled by Republicans at a Congressional hearing about the situation involving Sarah Murnaghan, who has end-stage cystic fibrosis.
“I’m begging you … Sarah has three to five weeks to live. Suspend the rules until we look at this policy,” Rep. Lou Barletta, R-Pa., told Sebelius at a session of a House Education and Workforce Committee hearing.

I saw this mother the other day begging for her childs life
how they turned her down is unbelievable!!!
no hearts at all

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why do you ask such asinine questions?

ALL the mother is asking for is for her daughter to BE PUT ON THE LIST. The doctors have already evaluated her condition have concluded she is a viable candidate for a transplant. The DOCTORS should decide the order of those that get a transplant.

If the daughter is ranker No.1 or No.12, it shouldn't be made by the government but, by the medical community. The daughter should NOT be excluded because she is 10 and not 12.

The Mother is trying to get the 12 year old rule changed not only for her daughter but, in order to help ALL children under 12.
The child is not excluded, she is on the PEDIATRIC transplant list.
The success rate is slim for transplanting an adult lung into a child.

Repeating your rant over and over will not change the FACT that there are guidelines, that were set by MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, and not the government, that allocate the limited supply of donor organs available.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
false title. Sebelis isn't in control . The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network . And if she gives preferential treatment to this one girl (sadly), that means other patients who have been waiting longer, who are in much dire need of organs get ignored.

Why is this GIRL special? Why should she receive an organ before someone who has been waiting for an organ for months? years?

This isn't a 'death' panel. When you have only 1 organ available and 1700 people need it, what is SUPPOSED to happen?

If you're so concerned, why aren't you in line, to donate your lung for this girl?

she HAS been waiting!!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Whoa! CNN just said she was put on the top of the list. I'm sure that's a great comfort to the parents of any dying 15 yr old who was scheduled to be next.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:43 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The DOCTORS should decide the order of those that get a transplant.
Then how do your resolve this scenario:

10 patients all waiting for a lung transplant. Vary in ages 12-64. All are about equal in the need (only a few weeks to live). They are scattered over 5 hospitals across the nation.

Tell us how do the doctor's determine in "Order" who gets the transplant.

the one that was diagnosed earlier? or the one that only has 1 less day than the others to live?

How do the doctors know which person needs it urgently if they are in different hospitals?

there is no 'ranking" involved. Its about 1) when the organ is available 2) viability length (organs do not live forever outside the body) 3) distance that it must travel to get to the hospital in time.

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If you had enough morphine to cause cessation of breathing, you are not conscious. Personally, if I had a painful and terminal illness, I would like to die from an overdose of narcotic rather than suffer and fight for every breath.
Who knows if you are conscious or not? Only the person on morphine would know that. In my experience - I punctured a knew on a huge nail..They operated on the knee to make sure it was clean. I woke up in severe pain..They give me morphine...being a bit of an abuser at the time...I asked for more and got it..I noticed that I was in and out of consciousness ...I was aware of everything and noticed that I could barely breath....I really don't know if being over dosed while terminally ill is actually a sure fix. You might have no pain but you may have a subdued panic taking place while you suffocated...I just don't believe there is the perfect out while dying.

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
another person, who regularly, never reads anything, that is already debunked right in the article of the first post.
Nope, doubt he read past the first post on the first page

Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
she HAS been waiting!!
And so have thousands of others. What makes this ONE so special that she should get special consideration over the children of other people?

Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
she HAS been waiting!!
so has 1700 patients waiting for a lung . What makes her more important?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.