Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I feel bad for that neighborhood. It's not that bad now because of the stadium but I could see it decaying real fast once the Braves leave. The "I don't give a damn" attitude in this country frustrates me sometimes.

I personally like the Braves being in Atlanta because they are the Atlanta Braves after all. It's a point of pride for the city and the neighborhood to have the team located right there in the heart of the city.
It is frustrating, but it doesn't surprise me at all. This mentality is long-existent. Alot of people didn't care 100 or 200 years ago. Nothing is approached from the idea of "this segment of society has problems, and it needs to be solved". Rather, it's "this segment of society is a problem and the way to deal with it is to relocate them or get rid of them".

Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
These woman who spread their legs for someone who doesn't use protection, doesn't plan on marrying them, already has children with other woman, etc. are just as guilty as the guy.
We're discussing absent fathers here. Whatever you say, it's the woman who gets stuck with the children while the man goes off and gets more women pregnant. God forbid a woman give up on a child in the same manner.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
We're discussing absent fathers here. Whatever you say, it's the woman who gets stuck with the children while the man goes off and gets more women pregnant. God forbid a woman give up on a child in the same manner.
Unless it's rape the woman is just as responsible. In fact more so because she knows she will be the one stuck with the child.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,041,088 times
Quote:
Takes two to tango.....

What's that song Beyoncé sings.....something about "put a ring on it".

I still like my idea of paying women to go on birth control until they can afford kids.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:33 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Do I understand that your solution is to end welfare? How about establish workshops on financial management and esponsibility since that is the real root of the probelm. Crime or rather "getting a hustle" is more of a mode of survival. I bet if there were more jobs that could support a family and more afterschool programs for the kids they would have less time to get into trouble.

For the most part the government is the cause of the crime as much as those who commit them. The fatcats in Washington cater to the well-off and the wealthy with subsidies and at the sametime they vilified the poor and blame them for not working at job that is not there.
Read my previous posts and you will see I did not say end welfare, it needs to emphasize and pay for education/training as a requirement of receiving free money.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Take Angel Adams as an example. She has fifteen children by three different fathers.
She's the one on the video that is crying that someone has to pay to take care of her children.

15 kids and you would hold her blameless ?

Working couples can barely afford to raise more than 2 kids today.

The poor are having kids 3x the rate that working couples are having.
Do you know what that will do to our society in the long run ?

Old 12-23-2013, 07:37 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What about paying woman in their teens (some arbitrary $ amount) to go on long term birth control and not be taken off until they meet a certain financial list of criteria before they can have kids?
How about we don't.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:39 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Unless it's rape the woman is just as responsible. In fact more so because she knows she will be the one stuck with the child.
When i am a pedestrian crossing a street I do not depend on drivers being responsible. Until we completely circumvent biology women will always have to take a more active role than men in preventing unwanted pregnancies.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:42 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
you guys need to figure out if this is a social/lifestyle issue or a fiscal issue.

if its a social/lifestyle issue, mind your own business.

if its a fiscal issue, i need you to worry about bigger pieces of the budget then welfare benefits, which is what, 1-2 percent of the budget?

put some military cuts on the table, cut the benefits and life pensions that soldiers get, then we can start talking.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you guys need to figure out if this is a social/lifestyle issue or a fiscal issue.

if its a social/lifestyle issue, mind your own business.

if its a fiscal issue, i need you to worry about bigger pieces of the budget then welfare benefits, which is what, 1-2 percent of the budget?

put some military cuts on the table, cut the benefits and life pensions that soldiers get, then we can start talking.
Welfare programs cost us over $1 trillion a year and is growing at 20% annually.
This doesn't even take into account Obamacare which starts in 9 days.

What's the military budget..$500 billion or so ?
What's medicare…$450 billion or so ?

Should we eliminate all funding and direct all that money to our welfare programs ?
Is that what you want ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies