Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree because there is alot of crime in many Hispanic neighborhoods. There aren't as many broken families within the Hispanic population, but they do exist in large numbers, and the result has been crime. One major difference between crime from Hispanic gangs and Blacks criminals is this: Many Hispanic gang members might take their victims over the border and kill them. Blacks can't take their victims anywhere, so the spatial distribution is strictly domestic.
One interesting commentary though (and I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers) is the work ethic difference between blacks and Hispanics. I'm sure this can be argued and debated to death but just based on observation.....
I don't have the stats but I'd would assume a higher % of blacks are on welfare compared to Hispanics.
I think this is due to the culture of dependency created in some of the black community through social programs, welfare etc. and the fact that many a lot of Hispanics are 1st/2nd generation, immigrated from really poor circumstances and are just happy to have the opportunity to work and chase the American dream?

For example, regardless of where I've lived, I've rarely seen (I said 'rare', not 'never') a landscaping crew of all black workers where 95% of them are all Hispanic. I don't know what this means, just an observation.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:39 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I don't know when it started, but the reason why many black neighborhoods got so bad and still remain bad to this day is because blacks themselves allow it to continue unabated. Not enough blacks have the desire to clean up their neighborhoods and change it for the better.

And certainly not enough blacks have the will or perhaps even the desire to learn to raise their kids properly so that they don't become criminals and continue the cycle of violence and crime in their neighborhoods, otherwise this problem could have been greatly reduced or even mostly stopped a LONG time ago.
Actually, I have to call something out. The Black parents who do raise their children right, who are there for their families, they leave certain neighborhoods. It is important to note that Black neighborhoods are often Black, not because Blacks seek to live among their own, but because historically, they have been unwanted. When Blacks were able to live in other places, the Blacks who could afford to leave did leave. Blacks who wanted nothing to do with the underclass left.

I will present this to you. Black middle class people are doing the same thing White middle class people have done. When there are greener pastures, they leave. When middle class Blacks get ostracized by underclass Blacks for "acting White", they leave. I would argue that the decay begins with the underclass takes over/middle class Blacks are gone. Ask this. Why would anyone, Black or White, stay in a bad neighborhood? If Whites can leave a Black neighborhood, why not Blacks? Why the double standards?

Old 12-24-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It takes two to make a baby. Maybe men should put their pants on once in awhile.
Agreed, but once the man is done, he's done. Now that woman has to deal with the consequences for the next 18 years.

Women hold the keys to the kingdom. They need to either go on long term birth control or keep their legs closed.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Agreed, but once the man is done, he's done. Now that woman has to deal with the consequences for the next 18 years.

Women hold the keys to the kingdom. They need to either go on long term birth control or keep their legs closed.
Well we've bent over backwards to make contraception/abortion available to even minors and it's not working.
As they say..you can lead a horse to water.

NYC schools went one step further and pays for IUDs for minors.
Since the schools have taken over parenting maybe thats the route to go.

IUDs at 12.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:49 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
One interesting commentary though (and I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers) is the work ethic difference between blacks and Hispanics. I'm sure this can be argued and debated to death but just based on observation.....
I don't have the stats but I'd would assume a higher % of blacks are on welfare compared to Hispanics.
I think this is due to the culture of dependency created in some of the black community through social programs, welfare etc. and the fact that many a lot of Hispanics are 1st/2nd generation, immigrated from really poor circumstances and are just happy to have the opportunity to work and chase the American dream?

For example, regardless of where I've lived, I've rarely seen (I said 'rare', not 'never') a landscaping crew of all black workers where 95% of them are all Hispanic. I don't know what this means, just an observation.
Actually, there is something else to look at. Blacks are far more likely to be unemployed or underemployed than anyone else, even with education levels being equal.

I would also argue that it is a difference between being an immigrant and being a Black American. Immigrants come here because they want to work, so by that, there is a lesser likelihood of being on welfare. And I would consider this. I would say some businesses would rather hire immigrants than Blacks. There are cases of that happening.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:52 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:

I don't know about all Hispanics, but for Mexicans, I'd put their work ethic over just about everyone in this country. Regardless of race.

They're some of the hardest working people (generalized by race) that I've met.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't know about all Hispanics, but for Mexicans, I'd put their work ethic over just about everyone in this country. Regardless of race.

This is true. Not sure if it's a cultural thing or what, but these guys work their asses off. I do believe they are grateful for the opportunity to be here and that in the USA, you can be successful if you're willing to work hard.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, there is something else to look at. Blacks are far more likely to be unemployed or underemployed than anyone else, even with education levels being equal.

I would also argue that it is a difference between being an immigrant and being a Black American. Immigrants come here because they want to work, so by that, there is a lesser likelihood of being on welfare. And I would consider this. I would say some businesses would rather hire immigrants than Blacks. There are cases of that happening.
Even legal immigrants are barred from welfare for so many years with very few exceptions.
The immigrants have no choice but to work. And because of that they want to keep their jobs.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

And they do what they are supposed to do without having to constantly watch over them.
They actually go above and beyond for some work.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM

237 posts, read 192,119 times
What do you guys mean this is black problem? I'm black and I don't spend my free time killing people. The amount of melanin in my skin doesn't matter. Honestly, why should I be held responsible for what ghetto people do...Nobody mentions how African and carribean immigrants have the highest rate of PhD success in the country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies