Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 09:07 AM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even legal immigrants are barred from welfare for so many years with very few exceptions.
The immigrants have no choice but to work. And because of that they want to keep their jobs.
There is more incentive to work. And some start businesses after a while, and hire some people from their home countries. More people get hired.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
What do you guys mean this is black problem? I'm black and I don't spend my free time killing people. The amount of melanin in my skin doesn't matter. Honestly, why should I be held responsible for what ghetto people do...Nobody mentions how African and carribean immigrants have the highest rate of PhD success in the country...
I would argue many don't mention African immigrants with PhD's because it doesn't fit with the idea of "Blacks are criminals and no-good people".

Old 12-24-2013, 09:12 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,941 times
Maybe I'll start a new thread on the issue of bad parenting but I honestly feel that parents who neglect their kids either emotionally or financially should be penalized. Having multiple kids you cannot afford just strikes me as wrong on so many levels. Perhaps the state should go after absent fathers even more to recoup any welfare given to the mother who was obviously lumbered with the children. I guess many of you are right. Ending the cycle of people having kids they can't care for would go a long way to solving many problems in society.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
And they do what they are supposed to do without having to constantly watch over them.
They actually go above and beyond for some work.
Not just Hispanic immigrants either. However, I would say this goes along with the being an immigrant. There is a drive to work hard, because of the idea of "this is America, it's easier to make it here". And I would argue some people prefer hiring immigrants, some, not all, but it does play a part. I would argue there are many in the USA who don't see the nation the same way as many immigrants do. I would argue that there are also some people who see immigrants as easier to take advantage of.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:17 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
Quote:
Well we've bent over backwards to make contraception/abortion available to even minors and it's not working.
As they say..you can lead a horse to water.

NYC schools went one step further and pays for IUDs for minors.
Since the schools have taken over parenting maybe thats the route to go.

IUDs at 12.
Teen birth rates are very low as is the over all birth rate. If you are strictly talking about teen birth rates then contraception is working. Out of wedlock birth rates and birth rates among poor people is a different story.

Teen birth rate hits historic low, federal report says - NBC News.com

Old 12-24-2013, 09:21 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, I have to call something out. The Black parents who do raise their children right, who are there for their families, they leave certain neighborhoods. It is important to note that Black neighborhoods are often Black, not because Blacks seek to live among their own, but because historically, they have been unwanted. When Blacks were able to live in other places, the Blacks who could afford to leave did leave. Blacks who wanted nothing to do with the underclass left.

I will present this to you. Black middle class people are doing the same thing White middle class people have done. When there are greener pastures, they leave. When middle class Blacks get ostracized by underclass Blacks for "acting White", they leave. I would argue that the decay begins with the underclass takes over/middle class Blacks are gone. Ask this. Why would anyone, Black or White, stay in a bad neighborhood? If Whites can leave a Black neighborhood, why not Blacks? Why the double standards?
who says they can't leave? what double standards?

Quote:
I would argue many don't mention African immigrants with PhD's because it doesn't fit with the idea of "Blacks are criminals and no-good people".
i would argue they don't mention african immigrants with PhDs in a thread about criminality because those aren't the ones committing crimes

Old 12-24-2013, 09:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
There is more incentive to work. And some start businesses after a while, and hire some people from their home countries. More people get hired.
Actually a lot start their own business especially in the blue collar/manual labor fields.
I know of a guy that makes moveable goat/horse/cow panels.
Sells them at a reasonable price and even delivers and helps you set them up.

Works from his home and he and his son do the delivering.
Little to no overhead expenses.
Advertises on craig's list with pictures and then word of mouth when people see them.

Why aren't college graduates inventing their own jobs today ?
Why are they settling for McDonalds while venting to their elected officials to "fix it" for them ?

Old 12-24-2013, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Teen birth rates are very low as is the over all birth rate. If you are strictly talking about teen birth rates then contraception is working. Out of wedlock birth rates and birth rates among poor people is a different story.

Teen birth rate hits historic low, federal report says - NBC News.com
Well isn't that what we're talking about ?

Teen birth rates are down are more to do with abortion being more readily available.
Teen pregnancy rates are still quite high compared to other countries.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who says they can't leave? what double standards?
I was responding to someone else saying that Blacks should "clean up their neighborhoods". While I don't disagree that a cleanup of those neighborhoods would help, I would also say that when many parts of major cities turned bad, middle class Whites began leaving. If Whites can do that, then Blacks should be able to do the same. If Blacks are expected to clean up neighborhoods, the same should be expected from everyone else.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
EdwardA discusses this all the time.

Jett should read the whole thread and then comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies