Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
Maybe if we pulled our head out their asses. They wouldn't want to kill us.

Yeh, I agree. Let's just be nice to them and see if that helps.

Frankly, I think we should arm both sides with weapons, pull out our troops and let them kill eachother off until only 1 is left standing. He can be kind of the desert.

It is stupid for an American soldier to die on ME soil but when they started going stuff on our soil, they crossed the line.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post

Frankly, I think we should arm both sides with weapons, pull out our troops and let them kill eachother off until only 1 is left standing. He can be kind of the desert.

It is stupid for an American soldier to die on ME soil but when they started going stuff on our soil, they crossed the line.
They were from Saudi Arabia.
The one ME country we didn't invade.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 AM

237 posts, read 192,052 times
Quote:

Um.. What was the Persian Gulf war about? Oil. No Americans were attacked. The world trade center was attacked by Saudi Arabia but we didn't invade them.....

Old 12-23-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
Um.. What was the Persian Gulf war about? Oil. No Americans were attacked. The world trade center was attacked by Saudi Arabia but we didn't invade them.....
Now we're stepping into south Sudan.
Oil interests yet again.

It's either oil or keeping the USD petrodollar safe.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:15 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually it was the churches that started it and the government took it over.
Know your history.
When? The 1800's?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:36 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Yeh, that's a good idea.....let's cut the pensions and money we spend on people who VOLUNTEER to protect your freedom and way of life and give that money to people who don't want to take responsibility for anything.

And as far as minding my own business, as long at my tax dollars are going to support this type of behavior, then that is my business.
they dont volunteer. they are paid.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
When? The 1800's?
You would not have made your comment if you did know your history.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
When? The 1800's?
No, FDR and his "New Deal" was the beginning of the welfare state.

And even he had some misgivings about it.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/l...ssage-congress

"The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America. ...

The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief."

President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt: Annual Message to Congress
January 4, 1935

Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Young white males commit the other half
no, hispanics are 25% of the homicides, that leaving 25% done by the whites. whites are 67% of the populations so their murder rate is much lower, even lower for asians.
the great tragedy is black people are usuallly murdered by black people.
it seems lack of respect paid is the usual fatal offense.
you are right its all bad but
but for me black on black violence --- this is the elephant in the living room, friend .
it needs attention--- jesse jackson has really tried to get your help on this one but
he doesnt get much--- mostly eye rolling and denial.
is this the part when you demand that i provide links to justify such outrageous insinuations?
your are right--- none of us are sinless but when i think of all the young black people whose lives have been terminated and never got a chance to live out all the things that could have been, all bek somebody some pants down 9mm hood rat, did not get paid enough respect--- it makes me grieve.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-23-2013 at 11:05 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 11:02 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, FDR and his "New Deal" was the beginning of the welfare state.

And even he had some misgivings about it.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Annual Message to Congress / | Intellectual Takeout (ITO)

"The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America. ...

The Federal Government must and shall quit this business of relief."

President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt: Annual Message to Congress
January 4, 1935
That's why I asked but thank you for the history lesson. I am here to learn as much as debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies