Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 PM

308 posts, read 500,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No need to be rude. I'm done with you.
Oh I wasn't being rude. When you said you didn't need it or whatever it totally came out from left field and I thought it might have been rude or rather was questionable in it's/your intended usage. So I was just saying that I would be interested in seeing the actual link of her interview of saying her anti black commentary because I would definitely like to see it. No rudeness was intended though.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
My whole family says hell no..

They agree it's not the little girls fault....but if you want to be representative of a culture..represent it!.
Well, she represented Latin culture well enough to win the crown over all of the other little Latinas.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well, she represented Latin culture well enough to win the crown over all of the other little Latinas.
Comp must have been pretty weak....where I come from...she wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in hell.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmizedFactions View Post
Lol! Who said anything about looking black. None of that was even mentioned in the comment you excerpt quoted.

Like I said Denny Mendez is a mixed race Dominican woman.

I will repeat the point I was trying to exclaim. Let people define themselves and who they are. She may not identify exclusively as black or only black all alone by itself. Also looking and being are two different things. What looks black to you may not look black to someone else.
Well by your logic Don Cheadle is also a mixed race man. (He has nearly 20% European ancestry according to his DNA admixture test in the PBS series African American Lives 2)

So would you accept it of Don Cheadle claimed to be "white"? Most likely not. Nor would you accept it if Don Cheadle referred to himself as "mixed".

Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Henry Louis Gates did one of his specials on Eva; her DNA test revealed only 3% African, according to a poster higher up in the thread.

Not so sure. Some Latinos don't like Blacks no matter what language they speak or what their name is.

No, it doesn't.

I know.....on the other hand, most African Americans are mixed.
True, African Americans are mixed. AA is an ethnic group contained of mostly multigenerationally multiracially mixed race peoples.

I always find it funny when people try to act like the USA or it's peoples were never mixed when USA is extremely mixed race since the early 1500s.

With everyone being mixed in so many ways it's sad that racism and hate still exists. It makes no sense. But shrugs, white supremacy still seems to rear it's ugly head in this world. Sigh smh -shrugs-*¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 10-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
He is not. His birth parents were both from Ghana and not mixed.
Oh I'm thinking of another player that I think is half Ghanian and half Italian and plays soccer for an Italian or other soccer leagues in Europe or something like that.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Comp must have been pretty weak....where I come from...she wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in hell.
Based on what? I am assuming that you are referring to her color because I doubt you were in attendance at the pageant to witness how she outperformed the other little Latinas. Obviously she was superior in performance and presentation to the other little girls in representing Latin culture.

So once again, what are you basing your comment on?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Yes and that is why I put Jamaican "patois" in quotes. That is what they call it, but in the rest of region "patois" refers to French patois/creole. Not in disagreement with you regarding the differences in Kreyol dialects, but it is a language, not simply 'broken french."
Right, although I never said that any of these languages are broken French. In your opinion though what is inaccurate about the term broken French or broken English?

There is also controversy over whether or not patois and creole in etymology or origin descriptions are even the same thing but that's for a whole other convo tehehe lol.

Ive always been amazed at how the French Creole/French patois spoken in the islands and nations and places outside of Haiti mirror each other virtually identically (known As Antillean French Creole or AFC) but yet Haiti's is so different.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Based on what? I am assuming that you are referring to her color because I doubt you were in attendance at the pageant to witness how she outperformed the other little Latinas. Obviously she was superior in performance and presentation to the other little girls in representing Latin culture.

So once again, what are you basing your comment on?
I'm basing my comment on the fact I came from a neighborhood with no shortage of representation of latino culture. And...I can say emphatically that no self respecting latino would have elected a little AFRICAN-AMERICAN girl, whose mother didn't/COULDN'T instill any form of the culture in her daughter, to represent that culture.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmizedFactions View Post
The Olmecs are a Native American people. They are NOT African. There is no confirmed proof that shows that Africans were in the Americas pre 1492. It's a pseudohistorical myth claim. It's an ethnocentric Afrocentric myth and lie.
There is no way to know. There are no Olmec people today to test them for genetic markers and no one knows what ever became of them. The baby heads most definitely look African. How would Asian Siberians crossing the Bering Strait and going all the way into southern Mexico think up African features for their carvings?

It's not a myth or a lie -- it's just people wondering who or what inspired those carvings and wondering who were the Olmecs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies