Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

He spelled it out.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You folks think you decide who is a "protected" class. Then you send the media mongers out and rant and rave and blame everybody. That is the liberal game. You have no policy, not agenda, nothing but divide and destroy. It is working I will admit. LIberals have torn this country apart.........the goal.
By "you folks," do you mean the government? Because THAT is who determines the protected classes, not some random liberals who don't even work in politics. And those protected classes include you & me & neo-Nazis, if we are being discriminated against for reasons such as gender, sexual orientation (in some states), disabilities, religion, race, etc. But there is no specific protection for "racist/non-racist beliefs," so they'd have to prove the service was denied for another reason. You really don't get how these laws work, do you?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:02 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I haven't seen a small town in the US yet that did not have more than one church and some kind of social center, and that includes farm towns of less than 500 people.
"I personally haven't seen something, therefore...."

Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He spelled it out.
No, he did not. Please explain how the laws apply equally to a religious institution vs a public business vs talking on the internet... then maybe I'll understand why you think he "spelled it out" so succinctly. Until then, my comments about you two being confused will stand.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Freedom of religion means you may practice any religion you'd like as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others. Using religion as a justification to infringe on the rights of gays is not what is included in the First Amendment, nor is the First Amendment applicable in that defense.

Then you have attended the wrong church. Most churches do not push people away. That's way there is open arms in church. But to ask a Church to Accept gay marriage is totally different!

It is a Sin. For the Believer in Christ!

But all is welcome in the Lords House and If some is troubled or seeking something real , most churches will help anyone.

Keep in mind Believers have right to worship as they put forth. This is a two way street.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
By "you folks," do you mean the government? Because THAT is who determines the protected classes, not some random liberals who don't even work in politics. And those protected classes include you & me, even neo-Nazis, if they are being discriminated against for reasons such as gender, sexual orientation (in some states), disabilities, religion, race, etc. But there is no specific protection for "racist/non-racist beliefs," so they'd have to prove the service was denied for another reason. You really don't get how these laws work, do you?

There lies the problem.............

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Harrier is arguing that the First Amendment allows for Freedom of Religion, however that in no way answers my question because I asked you where in the bible does it say you cant serve gay people.

But you will never answer that. You will just claim you did
It doesn't say that. If anything, it says "go where the sinners go and shine the light of Jesus there." Actually, if the baker were really practicing his Christianity so that all would know he's going to talk about Jesus whereever he goes, he probably wouldn't be hired for such places.

This is an idea: How about if a baker made a consistent, absolute practice of inscribing "Jesus loves you" on every cake he bakes--and then also advertises a willingness to bake cakes for anyone, with the stipulation that every cake will carry that stipulation? I have no doubt that would pass court muster.

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
As long as Progressive can stay consistent I can accept their views, it's the constant hypocrisy and case by case approach that irks me.

Would Progressives defend a Neo-Nazi couple who insist a Jewish bakery make them a cake to commemorate Hitler's birthday?

When Muslims reject gays in their place of worship will Progressives argue that Mosques should have their tax exempt status revoked?

When Latinos vote against abortion will they take to the internet to call them names & belittle their religious beliefs?
Do Jewish bakeries make Hitler cakes for anyone else? No, then that is a service they do not provide to ANYONE.
Do bakeries make wedding cakes? Yes, then they can not pick and choose who they sell wedding cakes to.

No one expects any church, synagogue, or mosque to have a wedding ceremony for anyone. Churches can and do, refuse to have weddings for inter faith couples, divorced people, even inter racial couples.

I haven't seen anyone confront ONLY white christians about their stance on abortion.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 PM

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
Religion is private....sexuality should also be private. You can think and believe what you want in a liberal democracy...just keep it to yourself...What is so difficult about that?
Christianity must be publicly practiced or it's not Christianity, but where it is publicly practiced, it has to be publicly practiced consistently, or it's hypocrisy.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Then you have attended the wrong church. Most churches do not push people away. That's way there is open arms in church. But to ask a Church to Accept gay marriage is totally different!

It is a Sin. For the Believer in Christ!

But all is welcome in the Lords House and If some is troubled or seeking something real , most churches will help anyone.

Keep in mind Believers have right to worship as they put forth. This is a two way street.
I don't know why gay folks don't just start their own church? Why is that so hard to figure out? They would rather wail and moan............the wailers and moaners are for political gain. Most want to just live their lives. But this gets the left all wound out to vote and that is how they win elections sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.