Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
a PERFECT example of an irresponsible dog owner getting a dog in trouble.... and guess who will pay the price??

I have a 70 lb lab x boxer x who knows what who is so frightened of other dogs, he is dog aggressive.... I know this about him and do not put him into situations where he will fail or get into trouble.... obviously, that girl walking the off-leash dog knows little to nothing about her dog's personality.....

and pit bulls are more aggressive than labs or poodles?? BAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAA
I don't think Pits are more aggressive than other dogs but what would you rather have chewing on your leg, a Pit Bull or a poodle? I don't expect an answer out of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisnjh View Post
....Which of course will bring up some people saying we must kill all pit bulls.
No just kill the owners who allow their Pits to viciously attack innocent victims.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
No just kill the owners who allow their Pits to viciously attack innocent victims.
Change the word pit bull to just "dog", and I won't argue with you too much. Just change kill to lock them up and throw away the key. But what difference would it make if the dog was, say, a German Shepherd?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Change the word pit bull to just "dog", and I won't argue with you too much. Just change kill to lock them up and throw away the key. But what difference would it make if the dog was, say, a German Shepherd?
Makes perfect sense to me. I don't care what type of dog it is. If an owner's dog kills an innocent person he/she gets life in prison. I am betting the highest percentage of dogs owners will be Pit Bull owners.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:00 PM

Yet another one...

PD: Officer attacked by pit bull, shoots it in park | WTNH

Old 07-11-2014, 04:10 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Pit breeders around here also promote their dogs with comments like "most massive heads ever created".
It is little wonder why the worst people are attracted and will pay for these type of dogs.

BTW - I am not only talking about thugs, but the wannabes and the typical tattooed losers who want to project being "badass".

Old 07-11-2014, 04:20 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The pet forum is for animal lovers primarily. The "Pit Bull" menace to society belongs here. If you don't like the story just ignore it.
Why do there need to be so many pit bull threads, though? Wouldn't one do?

Old 07-11-2014, 04:29 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
As sad as it is YAZ, the pitbull was made to fight. I get what the article is addressing, but there is a specific mix of dog that has been bred to be effective at hurting people. Therefore, all dogs can attack but all dogs do not pose the risk that pitbulls and pitbull mixes do. You can't take the history out of a dog. Pitbulls were bred to ignore the pain and keep fighting, to have short hard packed stature to get under an opponent and a drive to win a fight that most other breeds don't have.

Dog fighting is still going strong, and it's history has helped develop the best "fighting" dog which is for the most part a pitbull. When mixed in as a pet, and not controlled effectively and treated as a human these dogs can rip children's faces off.

Please watch this video, it explains the history of this dog breed and the history of how the dog was designed to fight and win. They are friendly despite, and loyal, which is bred into them but it is misleading. They are still deadly, and people who aren't familiar with this dogs history put themselves and everyone at risk because they don't treat the dog for what it is. They treat it like a normal house dog. It is not, it's history is not conducive to being a great family pet.

This pitbull documentary will show you the history of this breed. It also shows that to this day a portion of this breed is being trained to fight, bred to fight, and it has not been contained as a "pet only" breed as of yet. Even if that is your wish. As long as this still goes on, the pitbull will not be a safe breed of dog for a pet.

Out of the Pit - Dog Fighting in Chicago (pitbull documentary) - YouTube

This is a must watch for anyone who owns a family pitbull. You need to learn this breeds history.
Yaz and other pit apologists who think they know everything there is to know, have no time to educate themselves with something that goes against their brainwashing.

`

Old 07-11-2014, 06:17 PM

323 posts, read 499,362 times
German Shepherds are very intelligent. They can be aggressive too. There is a reason GSDs are used by police and the military the world over. I do not see Pitbulls used in this way. Why is that?

Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinghillbilly View Post
German Shepherds are very intelligent. They can be aggressive too. There is a reason GSDs are used by police and the military the world over. I do not see Pitbulls used in this way. Why is that?

oh, they are....

and the police and military are using primarily Belgian Malinois these days..... they look a lot like GSDs, so it is understandable why someone not dog savvy would confuse them......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies