Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not only that, but my .38 stays in my boot during the day and I never take it out for show & tell, or to place it in my truck, with my other pistol a .45, that is beside the seat.
I could never live my life being this paranoid and just don't understand it. There is so much talk about the freedom of america but some of you can't even go out of your house without being armed. To me that is not freedom. It's just being scared.

Last edited by natalie469; 09-10-2014 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: added 1 sentance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 10:15 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,534,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I could never live my life being this paranoid and just don't understand it. There is so much talk about the freedom of america but some of you can't even go out of your house without being armed. To me that is not freedom. It's just being scared.
There is so much talk about the freedom of America, but some of you can't even take a drive without wearing a seatbelt. To me that is not freedom. It's just being scared.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
I agree. I threw away my fire extinguisher because I thought it was freedom, but I was just being paranoid keeping it under my kitchen sink.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:25 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,432,537 times
Quote:
How are you going to know I have a fully loaded revolver in my boot?
How are you going to know a nut job intent to kill some kids, before he kills himself, isn't packing a .45 semi-auto?

Armed police at every entrance to the school?
What?? You're questions make no sense at all in regards to what I just said. I never said I'd be able to tell that you have a gun in your boot. Nor did I say anything about armed police at every entrance to the school but since you bring that up why not? Speaking of not knowing that somebody has a gun that would also include the mass murderers. And even if you do spot a gun on one of the mass murderers you're not going to know he's a mass murderer.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Easier than now? What right now is keeping said nutjob from bringing that gun into school? A strongly-worded code section gathering dust in the state archives?
Some schools have x ray machines. But even without them he still has to hide the gun and there are people who are very good at spotting that. If guns aren't allowed in the school and somebody spots the gun, or can tell from the clothing that he has a gun then action can be taken right then. But if guns are allowed that mass murderer could have an Uzi strapped to his back and you wouldn't be able to do anything until he started shooting

Old 09-10-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
According to the constitution of these United States of America, he has every right to be armed where ever he chooses to travel.
Also, according to the US Constitution, nothing short of an amendment can change that fact.
No he does not

Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
There is so much talk about the freedom of America, but some of you can't even take a drive without wearing a seatbelt. To me that is not freedom. It's just being scared.
Are you kidding me. You are comparing a seat belt to guns. Don't you drive with a seatbelt

Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I agree. I threw away my fire extinguisher because I thought it was freedom, but I was just being paranoid keeping it under my kitchen sink.
What

Old 09-10-2014, 10:48 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,534,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Some schools have x ray machines. But even without them he still has to hide the gun and there are people who are very good at spotting that. If guns aren't allowed in the school and somebody spots the gun, or can tell from the clothing that he has a gun then action can be taken right then. But if guns are allowed that mass murderer could have an Uzi strapped to his back and you wouldn't be able to do anything until he started shooting
Most schools don't, and I want to see a contraction of them, not an expansion. If a bad guy gets caught, what are the odds he'll surrender peacefully? If they came there with intent to cause mayhem, are they really just going to back down once they're spotted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No he does not
Where is that exception enumerated in the Constitution?
Quote:
Are you kidding me. You are comparing a seat belt to guns. Don't you drive with a seatbelt
Well I used to, but I guess I won't now, all the posts on here calling out people for being paranoid have made me realize just how paranoid I've been buckling up every time. My newfound freedom is going to feel so nice! I will now be able to move about the car with more freedom, I won't have to mess with a restrictive belt just to reach the glovebox, or to turn around to talk to the backseat passengers.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:03 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
And how many mass killings with blunt objects have we witnessed so far?
According to the statistics, mass shootings are not a problem worth solving. They make up less than 1/10th of all crime. They are a rare anomaly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies