Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 12:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Not all countries and governments are the same. Vietnam is at odds with China, and they are not 90 miles off our coast.

I look at who is in charge of this new partnership with Cuba, it's Barack "Wrecking Ball" 0bama, the man who can't do a damn thing without ****ing it up, and it does not make me feel confident in the least.
You'll get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 04:47 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
If not mentioned, the normalization of relations facilitates human intelligence operations inside Cuba.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I am pleased with the changes in our diplomatic and eventual economic relationships with Cuba. We never should have done what we did in the last 50 years. So what if the Cuban Government confiscated American, and as noted, Cuban private property. So long as most folks still had shelter, food, medicine what did the need private property for? So they could feel more important than their neighbors or higher on the social totem pole?

I wonder how much a month at a beach resort on the CUBAN side of Guantanamo Bay would cost. That would beat the hell out of another New Hampshire February.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:58 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am pleased with the changes in our diplomatic and eventual economic relationships with Cuba. We never should have done what we did in the last 50 years. So what if the Cuban Government confiscated American, and as noted, Cuban private property. So long as most folks still had shelter, food, medicine what did the need private property for? So they could feel more important than their neighbors or higher on the social totem pole?

I wonder how much a month at a beach resort on the CUBAN side of Guantanamo Bay would cost. That would beat the hell out of another New Hampshire February.

so what? ........................what's the need of private property for? ...........then go move to Cuba or North Korea, they will take care of you., they will give you free food, free shelter, free medicine and free school and a government job......I am amazed how clueless some Americans are and don't know what they got until they lose it.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:03 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Long overdue.

We do business with China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Vietnam, Turkmenistan, etc., etc. What's the big deal with Cuba?

Open it up. We'll swamp them with hamburgers, Mr. Lids, Amish wood milk, you name it.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:07 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,817,186 times
An interesting take:

Boycott Cuba, Conservative Hellhole | National Review Online

Old 12-20-2014, 09:07 AM

by the way GREGW, is it ok if I come to your house and take every piece of private property you own from you and your savings account and tell you how to live, when and how to eat, where to go, what to think, what to say?

the first thing I would confiscate is your computer and internet, another thing the totalitarian government in Cuba does. Then I will take your free speech rights and all of your individual rights.

then you can comeback here and say SO WHAT? as long as the government takes care of you, right?

Old 12-20-2014, 09:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
#506 - So long as I had the use of all the things you would steal why would I need to own them? You are a believer in scarcity that would allow you to control all of these things. I am a believer in shared prosperity where whatever is available is used by everyone.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:27 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Is Obama about to announce normalized relations with Cuba, after 50 years?! I say it's about time!
It's way overdue. My local Repug Congressman took to the airwaves saying he was wondering "what the world will think of us" for doing this, also saying that we should not have pulled out of Iraq or launched an investigation into the CIA torturing prisoners.

It truly spoke to how out of touch with reality Republicans have become.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
#506 - So long as I had the use of all the things you would steal why would I need to own them? You are a believer in scarcity that would allow you to control all of these things. I am a believer in shared prosperity where whatever is available is used by everyone.

do you need a totalitarian government to force you to share your things?.....you can do that right now, its call FREE WILL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies