Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 08:24 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,929,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
As if there were not two actually three sides to those persecutions. None of the three have unstained hands, and remember it was Indira Ghandi's Sikh body guards who gunned her down as she walk through the gardens of the Presidential estate.
No religion in the entire world, including Buddhism, has unstained hands. So that's not really a sticking point.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:28 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There is no AutoCorrect that changes "there" to "their" or vice versa. I am sorry, but it is my pet peeve when people blame AutoCorrect for a myriad of spelling errors, grammar mistakes, inappropriate comments, etc.

P.S. Making a mistake per se is no problem - it is just a forum afterall, God knows I make my share, if not more.

Mick
When you type fast and type theer it does. If that was the case, my mistake would be consistent. The grammar police use it to deflect. At least when you are arresting someone, don't make an ignorant mistake while doing it or you may get a riot. Who really cares. But sadly for them it doesn't deflect from my post. People should still educate themselves on headgear so they stop picking on Sikhs.

And yes, look forward to my many grammar errors, perfection doesn't exist. I really can't believe you'd go out of your way to smack me for a pet peeve. Weird.

Last edited by PoppySead; 12-16-2015 at 08:43 PM..

Old 12-16-2015, 10:30 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,222,348 times
Lets be realistic here. That man could have carried a bomb in his turban. Profiling is a necessary tactic of law enforcement agencies. This man looks like a middle eastern man so of course he should get extra attention. Also sikhs wear kirpans which are essentially daggers. Would you feel safe allowing a man with a 12 inch dagger to go into a tightly packed football stadium? no of course you wouldnt. I dont feel very sorry for the man but i can certainly understand some people's anger. The system doesn't always work but its there to make sure stuff like san bernardino doesn't happen

Old 12-17-2015, 12:13 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,929,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Lets be realistic here. That man could have carried a bomb in his turban. Profiling is a necessary tactic of law enforcement agencies. This man looks like a middle eastern man so of course he should get extra attention. Also sikhs wear kirpans which are essentially daggers. Would you feel safe allowing a man with a 12 inch dagger to go into a tightly packed football stadium? no of course you wouldnt. I dont feel very sorry for the man but i can certainly understand some people's anger. The system doesn't always work but its there to make sure stuff like san bernardino doesn't happen
17 pages of generally good discussion later, a nugget of idiocy like this shows up . Go read through the entire discussion to understand why this is so controversial. However, let me educate you one more time on one very important fact:

Sikhs are not Middle Eastern. Sikhism is not a Middle Eastern religion. It is an Eastern religion in the same group as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Taoism. Islam is a Middle Eastern religion, also known as a Western or Abrahamic religion. Christians are more similar to Muslims than Sikhs are similar to Muslims.

Also, you clearly have no idea what a Middle Eastern man looks like. They don't wear turbans and they are not dark-skinned.

If you think profiling is so necessary, why would you support targeting people who scream "I am not a Muslim"? Isn't it a waste of law enforcement resources and time?

Old 12-17-2015, 08:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
If it can happen in San Diego, it can happen in less advanced societies in the South.

Mick
Which is why the white power neo-nazi NSM is headquartered in Detroit?

The Aryan Brotherhood started in California.

American Front is out of San Francisco.

White Aryan Resistance is in Indiana.

The Nazi Lowriders are based out of southern California.

The Supreme Order Of Caucasians is out of Sacramento California.

The American Nazi Party is headquartered in Virginia (technically a southern state, but right there by DC).

---------

When it comes down to it, stereotyping based on geography isn't that much different than stereotyping on race. It's all about trying to feel superior to others.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:40 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You didn't read that someone called the cops on them for simply placing a bag in the trunk of their car. Oooooo, scary!!!
Meanwhile.....Suspicious Activity – See Something, Say Something | Homeland Security News

I imagine there will be a lot of misunderstandings in the future. Maybe we should just try to be understanding about it.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:36 AM

995 posts, read 1,696,620 times
See something, say something. Then get called a bigot.

Personally, If I saw a group of guys with turbans loading bags into a trunk at a football game, I'd call the cops too. Guess I'm an awful person.

By the way, you left wing limpwrists can save the lecture, as my wife is Iranian.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:39 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
I thought this post was sarcastic at first.... Sadly it wasn't.

Land of the free. Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Christians are more similar to Muslims than Sikhs are similar to Muslims.
Do you honestly expect the bigots here to understand that? Don't bother.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:49 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Which is why the white power neo-nazi NSM is headquartered in Detroit?

The Aryan Brotherhood started in California.

American Front is out of San Francisco.

White Aryan Resistance is in Indiana.

The Nazi Lowriders are based out of southern California.

The Supreme Order Of Caucasians is out of Sacramento California.

The American Nazi Party is headquartered in Virginia (technically a southern state, but right there by DC).

---------

When it comes down to it, stereotyping based on geography isn't that much different than stereotyping on race. It's all about trying to feel superior to others.
If the recent attacks / incidents involving Middle Eastern people had occurred in the South the media would be telling us "Southerner culture has a problem"

Where have these things occurred?

CA
Sheiks refused entry
Mosque arson

PA
Pigs head thrown in mosque

NY
Girl had head scarf ripped off, called ISIS

Old 12-17-2015, 09:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
See something, say something. Then get called a bigot.

Personally, If I saw a group of guys with turbans loading bags into a trunk at a football game, I'd call the cops too. Guess I'm an awful person.

By the way, you left wing limpwrists can save the lecture, as my wife is Iranian.
You would call the cops on someone putting bags in the trunk of their car? Really? Well then I hope you're calling the cops every day because every day people are putting stuff in the trunk of their cars.

Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies