Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 11:02 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I would presume that all headgear, be it hats, foam cheese, turbans, etc., must be removed for inspection. While Sikhs are not part of the terror threat, they should be forced to follow the rules like everyone else.
So I see no problem whatsoever with requiring them or anyone else to follow the rules for entry into a large event.

`
Yeah. That's pretty much the way I see it. Lots of people in this thread have cried "ignorance" because the security guards did not recognize Sikh turbans. Why should Sikh's be treated any different than anyone else?
If the rules are, "remove headgear for inspection", then those who do not comply can not come in.

Easy enough for someone to slip a weapon in a turban while claiming to be a Sikh.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:05 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And none of that means any Sikh should be willing to remove his turban for a rent-a-cop at a sports arena.
I go to hundreds of events a year and often asked to remove my hat. If I were to decide to wear a turban instead should I be exempt from venues rules and regulations?

Old 12-15-2015, 11:21 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,086,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What does that mean? I would wear my Eagles no matter what stadium I was in. They have junkets for fans to go to away games as a group, no one hides the fact they are rooting for the home team. If you're in a group, it's fun. What were you implying by that?
San Diego has given up on the Chargers. They're playing horribly and there's a 99% chance they're going to move to LA, probably after this season. Most fans have reached the end of their rope and don't find it worth their time or money to support the ownership by going to the games anymore.

This is a view of the stadium during the Chargers/Broncos game in question. This is hardly the first time it has happened.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:23 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I would presume that all headgear, be it hats, foam cheese, turbans, etc., must be removed for inspection. While Sikhs are not part of the terror threat, they should be forced to follow the rules like everyone else.
So I see no problem whatsoever with requiring them or anyone else to follow the rules for entry into a large event.

`
They had no problem removing it for inspection, they weren't told that, they were told they couldn't come into the stadium with them period, inspected or not. Read the article, how about that?

Old 12-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
San Diego has given up on the Chargers. They're playing horribly and there's a 99% chance they're going to move to LA, probably after this season. Most fans have reached the end of their rope and don't find it worth their time or money to support the ownership by going to the games anymore.

This is a view of the stadium during the Chargers/Broncos game in question.
Oh ha, ha! I thought you were implying they deserved to be kept out cause they were wearing Broncos jerseys.

Btw, how stupid would a terrorist be to go to a stadium to blow it up by trying to blend in as a fan, and then wear the AWAY team colors so that they really stand out in the crowd?

Old 12-15-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
I go to hundreds of events a year and often asked to remove my hat. If I were to decide to wear a turban instead should I be exempt from venues rules and regulations?
Hats are part of football and there are thousands of them in the stand every game, whether Cheese Head hats or like us, Cheese Steak hats, or Eagle hats where you pull a string and he flaps his wings on top of your head...you're being ridiculous to try to reach for a point that has nothing to do with this thread and anyone can easily see is not relevant just by turning on NFL channel right now and scanning the seats. Look at the pics of this game, there is a sea of hats.

You're also skipping over the part where the cops were called on them before they even got to the gates. You can't just take a tiny piece of the story out of context in order to try to compare your experience with theirs.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
In the meantime, the odds are 100x higher of being killed in a fight over a parking spot before you even get inside the stadium, or a "you're wearing the wrong jersey" fight with drunken fellow citizens at the game.
There is some truth to that. I used to go to a lot of Browns games, and there were always fights with fans of the opposing team.

Quote:
What does that mean? I would wear my Eagles no matter what stadium I was in. They have junkets for fans to go to away games as a group, no one hides the fact they are rooting for the home team. If you're in a group, it's fun. What were you implying by that?

As a Browns fan, no way in hell do I wear their gear in your stadium not to mention a few other places. A lot of your fans tend to be as crazy as and ready to roll their bows as many of ours! Now in a place like San Diego, or Miami where there are a lot of transplants from up here, I would.

Quote:
I have too. And no you shouldn't. I remember going to Browns games after 911 where security made me take my phone out, and press all of the buttons on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

This is a view of the stadium during the Chargers/Broncos game in question. This is hardly the first time it has happened.

I hope for the sake of the city of San Diego, and Chargers fans that does not happen! I know and can sympathize, because I lost my favorite team for 3 years due to the team's owner being a bad business man, combined with bad politics on the side of the city. Honestly, I blame both parties for the original Browns franchise moving, and it's the fans and the taxpayers that get screwed.

BTW, that picture looks almost like what I saw during last night's game with the Giants vs Dolphins. If it weren't for that Dolphins logo in the middle of the field you would have thought they were playing the game in The Meadowlands. Again, I sum it up to a lot of transplants. Folks who have moved from colder climates to warmer climates such as San Diego. For example, I hear the Browns have one of the largest Browns Backers in the country out there in San Diego.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:36 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,976 times
Quote:
Hats are part of football and there are thousands of them in the stand every game, whether Cheese Head hats or like us, Cheese Steak hats, or Eagle hats where you pull a string and he flaps his wings on top of your head...you're being ridiculous to try to reach for a point that has nothing to do with this thread and anyone can easily see is not relevant just by turning on NFL channel right now and scanning the seats. Look at the pics of this game, there is a sea of hats.

You're also skipping over the part where the cops were called on them before they even got to the gates. You can't just take a tiny piece of the story out of context in order to try to compare your experience with theirs.

No, Moderator cut: personal remarks I don't go to football games but I am wondering if I can sneak booze into a concert in my turban since some consider they should be exempt from rules about headgear. Legitimate question, but thanks for telling me you can't answer it.

Last edited by Marka; 12-30-2015 at 01:54 AM..

Old 12-15-2015, 11:42 AM

They can certainly ask that the hat be removed for inspection than allowed to be put back on, wouldn't that solve it? Isn't that what they do for other fans? But that is not what they did in this case.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:49 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Quote:
I don't go to football games but I am wondering if I can sneak booze into a concert in my turban since some consider they should be exempt from rules about headgear. Legitimate question, but thanks for telling me you can't answer it.
Quote:
They can certainly ask that the hat be removed for inspection than allowed to be put back on, wouldn't that solve it? Isn't that what they do for other fans? But that is not what they did in this case.
Quote:
“Three of my buddies, they had turbans on, and it [was] like, you guys got to take the turbans off,” Verinder Mahli said.

They eventually got in, but they were told (according to Mahli) that if they return, they can’t wear turbans.
And you would've known that if you had bothered to read the article, instead of insulting someone else's intelligence. Thanks for telling me you didn't read the article.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies