Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2006, 03:41 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Movin'on and Aussie, Do you have proof he never had any? And Sanctions you say, hahahahaha, yea that would have stop him, he was such a well behaving guy!!!! Kinda Like Hitler. Oh and the North Korean President, yea he pays attention to the rules as well, Oh and Iran, they are quite level headed as well, quite a lovely world you live in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 04:39 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Movin'on and Aussie, Do you have proof he never had any?

It's not up to the doubters to prove that Saddam never had any WMD's. It's up to the government to prove he did- they are the ones that started a war and are sending our kids to die in our names because they said he had them. It doesn't work the other way around.

I don't understand why so many people are willing to give the government a pass when it comes to burden of proof in general. The way I see it is my government works for me, not the other way around. If they are carrying out aggressive policies in my name using whatever logic they're using, then they best be able to prove to me that their logic is sound. And I don't think any government is so trustworthy that they should be able to do whatever they want and not ever have to prove why what they are doing is in the people's best interests. This government carried out an excessively aggressive and hostile policy, and never proved to me why it was necessary to do it. They owe ME an honest explanation, not the other way around.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:54 PM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Movin'on and Aussie, Do you have proof he never had any? And Sanctions you say, hahahahaha, yea that would have stop him, he was such a well behaving guy!!!! Kinda Like Hitler. Oh and the North Korean President, yea he pays attention to the rules as well, Oh and Iran, they are quite level headed as well, quite a lovely world you live in there.

Leave Iran out of this they are busy with the conference right now. When the conference is finished we'll consult with them on how to win.

I'm sure Saddam had no WMD.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:03 PM

328 posts, read 240,093 times
You guys are totally right on...we should have let Saddam continue his mass murders...another 300,000 dead people each decade is not all that big of a deal. Heaven forbid they have a democracy like us, vote, have better schools, freedom of speech. They really were so much better off before. Saddam doesn't seem like that horrible of a person...just don't ask his son-in-laws...he decapitated them. Okay...now, whip me, whip me good!! lol

Old 12-15-2006, 07:32 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
It's not up to the doubters to prove that Saddam never had any WMD's. It's up to the government to prove he did- they are the ones that started a war and are sending our kids to die in our names because they said he had them. It doesn't work the other way around.

I don't understand why so many people are willing to give the government a pass when it comes to burden of proof in general. The way I see it is my government works for me, not the other way around. If they are carrying out aggressive policies in my name using whatever logic they're using, then they best be able to prove to me that their logic is sound. And I don't think any government is so trustworthy that they should be able to do whatever they want and not ever have to prove why what they are doing is in the people's best interests. This government carried out an excessively aggressive and hostile policy, and never proved to me why it was necessary to do it. They owe ME an honest explanation, not the other way around.
What he said. Thanks for injecting some thought into this. You must realize, you are dealing with Arizonans here (not all, but a couple in question) who for whatever reason (maybe it's the heat) can't seem to grasp the order of how things should be. Of course, the onus is on our govt to prove its case, without doubt, before launching us into what will prove to be our demise.

I am from the North myself, so I started with that HUGE advantage, even if I am currently stuck in one of those mind-numbing Bush supporting states currently.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
You guys are totally right on...we should have let Saddam continue his mass murders...another 300,000 dead people each decade is not all that big of a deal. Heaven forbid they have a democracy like us, vote, have better schools, freedom of speech. They really were so much better off before. Saddam doesn't seem like that horrible of a person...just don't ask his son-in-laws...he decapitated them. Okay...now, whip me, whip me good!! lol
He's been gone for a long time now, and we've stayed on. Is anyone naive enough to buy that garbage that we altruistically went there to bring freedom and democracy? Hint - democracy cannot be imposed and these days it's looking like they say Thanks, but No Thanks. 70% want us out of there yesterday.

The death toll stands as Aussie Girl said. Whenever someone brings up the "but Saddam was a horrible dictator," I just want to puke. The US is supposed to be better than this. Now they have the dictator George Bush responsible for 600K plus Iraqi deaths. Yup, we have been far kinder and gentler -- BUT IT NEVER WAS OUR **** COUNTRY TO BEGIN WITH AND THERE WERE NO WMD AND NO TIES TO 911!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Leave Iran out of this they are busy with the conference right now. When the conference is finished we'll consult with them on how to win.
Bet you're really glad that Reagan refused to talk with Gorbachev, right? Or that Kennedy was too big of a man to talk to Kruschev around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Bush does diplomacy worse than any President this country has ever had. He has the diplomatic skills of a grapefruit. Is it any coincidence that his foreign policy has been the biggest foreign policy disaster this country has ever had? I think not.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
The death toll stands as Aussie Girl said. Whenever someone brings up the "but Saddam was a horrible dictator," I just want to puke. The US is supposed to be better than this. Now they have the dictator George Bush responsible for 600K plus Iraqi deaths. Yup, we have been far kinder and gentler -- BUT IT NEVER WAS OUR **** COUNTRY TO BEGIN WITH AND THERE WERE NO WMD AND NO TIES TO 911!!!
Wait- but isn't genocide good if it liberates people and spreads democracy and saves them from brutal dictators? Or is it only genocide when countries we don't like do stuff like this?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Wait- but isn't genocide good if it liberates people and spreads democracy and saves them from brutal dictators? Or is it only genocide when countries we don't like do stuff like this?
Well, Johnny, we only allow/promote genocide in countries we invade and occupy that have OIL in the ground. And we only send kids there to do the dirty work that are not affiliated with any of the rich republican war mongers in office, so their kids stay safe. We're not interested in genocide in places like Darfur, as it gives us no opportunity to practice our humanitiarian love and, besides, why waste our democracy in a place like that anyway?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:25 PM

328 posts, read 240,093 times
Interesting facts and I know that some people will say "who cares!" but I think it's important that people know. These facts are all verifiable on Department of Defense website.

There are more jobs in Iraq than ever...the government employs 1.2 million.

3100 schools have been renovated, 263 schools under construction and 38 new schools have been completed...

There are 5 police academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks...

There are more than 1100 building projects currently in progress...including the 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 rail stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities, 69 electrical facilities...

96% of Iraqi children under age 5 have received the first two series of polio vaccinations...never would have happened under Saddam.

4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by October of '05.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies