Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times

Advertisements

Let me put it to you this way, no they may not have been killing each other. Also, how do you know the one group of people were gay? Muslims you can for the most of the time point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Are you going to elaborate further? Or are you just going to vaguely imply that you think I'm lying (you're wrong btw) without saying how?

Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
People miss the point. Why do the tenants of Christianity have to change because of society?

Does God care what society thinks? The church is not supposed to be of the world but help guide the world.
God made gay people gay.

God placed a burden on transgendered people for a purpose we do not know.

I know that God loves all his children and would not approve of me pushing away someone because they loved another person of the same sex or because their body gender does not match that of their brain's chemistry.

I want to see gay people and transgender people sitting next to me in church. It has nothing to do with society and everything to do with God wanting us to love Him and each other.

You're free to question Gid's plan all you want. I just don't see the point.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
God made gay people gay.

please prove

Quote:

I know that God loves all his children and would not approve of me pushing away someone because they loved another person of the same sex or because their body gender does not match that of their brain's chemistry.

I want to see gay people and transgender people sitting next to me in church. It has nothing to do with society and everything to do with God wanting us to love Him and each other.

of course God loves all his children and call on them to repent for their sinds regardless of who they are.

PRoblem is you have churches that twist God's word and ignore it and say that a previous sin is not a sin anymore.

( i.e. homosexual acts ).

Old 05-08-2017, 09:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
There is no argument that Islam and gay rights and gender bending are not compatible. They are matter antimatter. Let some gays lesbos or genderbender trannys have a march down main street in Dearborn. They would be stoned.
Some Muslims hate gays, just as some Christians hate gays. Being liberal means that everyone should have their rights considered and not have them infringed. That's all.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:29 AM

25,774 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
People screw up everything.

Theoretically speaking, communism is the absolute, hands down best system of governance and community, until you add humans to the mix.
And besides in beehives or anthills, if it is so perfect, why is it not universally seen in the "non-human" natural world? Show me where in the universe communism is universally practiced and universally the best system? You and Sir Thomas More should hook up.

Beyond that, your statement is ludicrous in the extreme. There is NO system of governance beyond the scope of the human experience of which we are aware. The "system of governance" in the natural world is largely complete anarchy as in the law of the jungle. So, other than in an anthill or beehive (and various other collective creatures), we have nothing to compare to. And I've yet to see an organized government at the human level in the natural world. Beyond discussing the beauty of ants and the way the work so pleasantly together (yeah, right!), show me a non-human communist government and then lets have a discussion. Until then, your statement is nonsense.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and who defines that or should I say keeps redefining that?

If you have to keep redefining what God thinks then you pretty much failed as a church.
Not necessarily. If you have it wrong but then get it right, that is not failure. Continuing to learn is not failure. Always seeking the answers to things we are still ignorant on is not failure.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I have a major problem with all patriarchal religions beyond their magical nonsense because they do seem to believe they have a monopoly on what is needed to get to heaven. I believe they only exist to transfer money from the believers to their preachers, priests and bank accounts.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Because you can't socially re-engineer human nature. People want to be able to choose and have more.

The only communism was working or say sustaining itself is with the barrel of a gun.

Communism has killed more people than any war.

Quote:
People screw up everything.

Theoretically speaking, communism is the absolute, hands down best system of governance and community, until you add humans to the mix.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
God made gay people gay.

IMO we should not see the person sitting next to us in church as gay or transgender but rather as a person. I'm not accusing you of saying otherwise as your point can be bigger than mine.

No, we do not want to run off those who see themselves as whatever.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And besides in beehives or anthills, if it is so perfect, why is it not universally seen in the "non-human" natural world? Show me where in the universe communism is universally practiced and universally the best system? You and Sir Thomas More should hook up.

Beyond that, your statement is ludicrous in the extreme. There is NO system of governance beyond the scope of the human experience of which we are aware. The "system of governance" in the natural world is largely complete anarchy as in the law of the jungle. So, other than in an anthill or beehive (and various other collective creatures), we have nothing to compare to. And I've yet to see an organized government at the human level in the natural world. Beyond discussing the beauty of ants and the way the work so pleasantly together (yeah, right!), show me a non-human communist government and then lets have a discussion. Until then, your statement is nonsense.
What is the most prolific animal species on the planet?

Hint: http://people.scs.carleton.ca/~arpwh.../ant-facts.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies