Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Actually no it's not. I just answered that question for the left who refuses to even try to answer it except for one person. It was very easy to count because there was only one. There was no "sea of Nazi flags" at this rally. The Confederate flag is not a Nazi flag as the WaPo tried to spin it. The media lied to you people again, and you all picked that up and ran with it.
You're the only one talking about a sea of Nazi flags, though I did have a look at some of the pictures and saw two flags. But as I said earlier, you don't need a Nazi flag to be a Nazi, all those people chanting "blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" and giving Nazi salutes quite clearly show their allegiance. Also the traditional black Swastika on the red background is not the only Nazi flag these days, there were many others there (I am not counting Confederate flags in that) like those like the Southern Nationalist flag, the fascist symbol (bunch of rods tied to an axe), the Vanguard America shields etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So what. Mob mentality quickly set in to attack him. Do you really think he was going to sit there while a mob was smashing his windows? Really?
He had already killed an innocent woman before the mob started smashing his windows (and I don't blame them for that, what would you do if you saw a terrorist attack people? Stand by and do nothing, or defend them, or attack?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It actually makes a lot of sense given the videos of the physical attack and the damage on his car that was visible BEFORE he accelerated into the crowd.
There was no damage on his car before he attacked, stop lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Both sides had their riot gear on. The Nazi's had a permit and there would have been no trouble if the other group had not shown up and attacked first.
From what I've read the counter protesters had permits too so had every right to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So if Nazis and the KKK and White Supremacists show up in your town, are you just going to let them spew their garbage and go about your business? Pat them on the head and consider it all done?

I'm not.

An ongoing theme at the Holocaust Museum is "Never again." And "never again" starts with each one of us. If the Germans had poured out of their homes and protested loudly against Hitler, and stood up for the Jews, and refused to stand by, fearfully, while he built his killing machine, maybe the Holocaust would never have happened.

If those disgusting Nazi pigs want a fight, they're gonna get it everywhere they go. Yes--they have a First Amendment right to have their say. But so does every person opposed to them. If they're gonna show up armed to spew hate, they're going to get it back in spades.
Exactly, well said. If Nazis ever come to my town I'll be there protesting against them. We must never allow them to rise again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
These cosplay nazis with torches in one hand and baseball bats in the other surrounded a church full of clergy and parishioners while chanting a Nazi slogan "blood and land". If that church had been surrounded by Muslims with torches chanting Allahu Akbar, the FBI and the National Guard would have been called out and I'm sure that today the White House would be talking about 'measures' we need to take to ensure that Muslims are never able to do anything like that again. But when it's a bunch of white boys then it's just good old freedom of speech? I'm sorry but that drips with hypocrisy.
Exactly. I asked this earlier and funnily enough none of the Nazi defenders have answered because they know they can't without being hypocrites.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Crooked Trump is such a deplorable person. The common republican must hang their head in shame.

I am a CONSERVATIVE, not a "republican". There is a BIG difference in today's America - HUGE difference.

I am very proud of the way Mr. Trump responded yesterday - totally politically unpalatable to the common snowflake.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:47 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Question Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost

WASHINGTON — President Trump buoyed the white nationalist movement on Tuesday as no president has done in generations — equating activists protesting racism with the neo-Nazis and white supremacists who rampaged in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend.
Never has he gone as far in defending their actions as he did during a wild, street-corner shouting match of a news conference in the gilded lobby of Trump Tower, angrily asserting that so-called alt-left activists were just as responsible for the bloody confrontation as marchers brandishing swastikas, Confederate battle flags, anti-Semitic banners and “Trump/Pence” signs.
“Neo-Nazis, Klansmen and white supremacists came to Charlottesville heavily armed, spewing hatred and looking for a fight,” Mr. McAuliffe said. “One of them murdered a young woman in an act of domestic terrorism, and two of our finest officers were killed in a tragic accident while serving to protect this community. This was not ‘both sides.’”
Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost

I don't understand the surprise, he's spewing the exact same garbage that he did his entire campaign! He clearly showed what a disgusting SUBHUMAN he is then.....and he's no different now!

Old 08-16-2017, 02:57 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
The one thing that came from this is that everyone including Trump supporters know with certainty exactly what this president believes. It can never be denied that he wears his racism clearly and openly.
He is completely unhinged and I for one am very worried what he will do next to further send us back in time and divide our country.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:58 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Default The PBS panel of doom on Charlottesville

Many people see the PBS Newshour as a model of respectable, serious, balanced news. I used to think so myself. But segments like the following have long since changed my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiscY6ebpLk

It's fun it try and imagine the thought process Newshour producers went through in selecting this panel:

- Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center who famously looks forward to the "oblivion" of the white majority in America in the next 30 years. A living caricature if there ever was one.

- Leonard Pitts Jr., a black race issues writer who once, in reference to outrage over the brutal kidnapping, torture and murder of a white couple by 5 blacks said, "cry me a river".

- Carol Anderson, an African American studies professor and author of the book, "White Rage"

I don't think they were going for balance.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Crazies. When you can't see a Tiki torch without thinking of the Klan, YOU are the problem.

Nothing the President can say will appease the fools, so why bother with them? Not worth my time.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:18 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
i_hate_hate!

Old 08-16-2017, 03:21 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Eh. In their defense, how are you going to balance this discussion? The only people who would be willing to minimize what happened would be the alt-right, 45, or a Fox News commentator.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:21 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
You don't need a Nazi flag to be a Nazi, all those people chanting "blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" and giving Nazi salutes quite clearly show their allegiance.
Believing that the Jews are conspiring to eliminate whites, and Christians, and destroy all nations with mass-immigration(except for Israel of course), because they see us as a threat; Doesn't make you a Nazi.

If I was a Jew, that is exactly what I would be doing. Dividing and conquering, just like America does with its enemies/rivals.

Quote:
From what I've read the counter protesters had permits too so had every right to be there.
Everything I read said that the counterprotesters didn't have a permit. But, I'm not entirely sure how counterprotesting works, it seems to be more organic, as compared to specifically holding a rally, as in the case of Unite the Right.

Quote:
Exactly, well said. If Nazis ever come to my town I'll be there protesting against them. We must never allow them to rise again.
Let me give you some advice my friend. If you really don't want Nazis to rise again, the best thing to do is just ignore them. Trust me, these "militant" groups benefit enormously from conflict. If you had one of these rallies every week, and people start showing up, and there is more conflict; Each rally will be bigger and more-violent than the last. With the "soldiers" on both sides showing up, often driving across the country, to stand up for their side.

Had the left just not shown up in Charlottesville, they would have protested the statue coming down, it would have come down anyway, and that would be it. Drawing attention to something is counterproductive.

Quote:
Exactly. I asked this earlier and funnily enough none of the Nazi defenders have answered because they know they can't without being hypocrites.
This had nothing to do with religion. The protesters weren't chanting religious slogans. The protesters weren't threatening the clergy. The only reason the protesters were near the church, was because it was in close-proximity to the statue(IE it was on campus).

As for the example, I agree that the right-wing would be very upset about it, and yes, many of them push for limits on freedom of speech. But I can guarantee you, nothing would actually happen. And the scene you guys are depicting, happens all over Europe, and they don't limit freedom of speech either.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:24 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Crazies. When you can't see a Tiki torch without thinking of the Klan, YOU are the problem.

Nothing the President can say will appease the fools, so why bother with them? Not worth my time.
Ummmm.... yeah well, to be fair here too, I only think of that when the Klan and Klan-like groups are carrying them.

The president may not be able to appease but he could certainly stop empowering and provoking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies