Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 03:11 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Selective poutrage continues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 03:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Well I'm sorry you can't see that there is a parallel between those three accidental border crossings. Again, Mexico: months of detainment+torture; Iran: years+torture; US; 2 weeks+she had to remove her jewelry.

BTW, do you not recall that 'you people' is raaaaacist? And that comes from YOUR side, not mine.
Great ad hominem there with the racist accusation.

Only one of those three was a proven accidental crossing. One was a stupid man with a gun in his vehicle willfully and obviously ignoring signage up the ying yang. Another was a couple of silly hikers crossing a border with an (for all intents and purposes) enemy country.

The third was an accidental crossing over the border with Canada.

"You people" won't be happy until you take every opportunity you can to alienate yourselves from all rationale imperatives.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
Just read these comments, I can safely say some of you could NEVER be considered as " ugly Americans"!
You're way overqualified!!

Old 06-23-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Selective poutrage continues
As does selective idiocy.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The term " you people " can be used in a racist context, but it is not inherently a racist term, as it can be used in many different ways.
Well I'm going to allege that Mr. Brusan's use was a 'racist context.' And how are you going to prove me wrong? After all, Ross Perot clearly did not intend it as racist, but he was tried, convicted, and sentenced.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Great ad hominem there with the racist accusation.

Only one of those three was a proven accidental crossing. One was a stupid man with a gun in his vehicle willfully and obviously ignoring signage up the ying yang. Another was a couple of silly hikers crossing a border with an (for all intents and purposes) enemy country.

The third was an accidental crossing over the border with Canada.

"You people" won't be happy until you take every opportunity you can to alienate yourselves from all rationale imperatives.
First that wasn't ad hominem. Google, and read the definition. Secondly, again, the reference comes from YOUR side. Good for the goose, good for the gander, n'est ce pas?

Old 06-23-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Well I'm going to allege that Mr. Brusan's use was a 'racist context.' And how are you going to prove me wrong? After all, Ross Perot clearly did not intend it as racist, but he was tried, convicted, and sentenced.

Oh c'mon! In the context of a discussion between Canadians and Americans "you people" is clearly not racist unless Americans are now a race exclusive to themselves.

Now about that topic of discussion or...…...

Old 06-23-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
First that wasn't ad hominem. Google, and read the definition. Secondly, again, the reference comes from YOUR side. Good for the goose, good for the gander, n'est ce pas?
That was definitely an ad hominem throwing "racism" into the argument. You need to read the definition yourself. Accusing anyone using the term "you people" in the context with which it was used as coming from one side of something or other is just another fallacious argument.

Now what was the topic again? Oh yeah; border agents behaving stupidly either by direction or individually and "you people" (some Americans) defending the practice.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh c'mon! In the context of a discussion between Canadians and Americans "you people" is clearly not racist unless Americans are now a race exclusive to themselves.

Now about that topic of discussion or...…...
Sorry, but by the standards established by lefties during the Perot campaign, it clearly is racist. You have to prove that it's not, which can't be done since you can't prove a negative, especially when it would require mental telepathy.

I know it seems crazy, but don't you agree that we should adhere to these established lefty standards? In fact, in the case of Perot, it was the NAACP that made the allegation of racism. Now if you're going to go back on that one, it makes you a double raaaaaacist

Old 06-23-2018, 04:29 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm not buying her story. I'm not saying she is a bad person or a security threat but I don't believe she was lost. It doesn't pass the sniff test. You're young, in a foreign land, you're going to map out your jog. If nothing else to prevent getting lost. And several stories have had conflicting details. One said she ran along the beach and diverted up to a path because of incoming tide. Another said she was running back the way she came when intercepted.

What I think happened is she was in Canada visiting, the US was so close but she couldn't legally enter, and so thought it would be a good idea to briefly step into the US, take a few selfies, and step back. It may be that she initially tried to outrun the cops and/or lie about her situation. And that is generally the quickest way to blow any chance of the cops cutting you a break.
I googled like crazy and could only come up with one incident of canadians being detained, but they were sent back immediately. No race mentioned so they werent Brown.

Quote:
S The French woman was held for 2 weeks, and let go. Big deal. .
Eh, lets see how you feel after being detained in a jail for 2 weeks for no real reason.

Quote:

I know it seems crazy, but don't you agree that we should adhere to these established lefty standards? In fact, in the case of Perot, it was the NAACP that made the allegation of racism.
Obviously youre being intentionally obtuse. I guess you understand context better when it helps conservatives, like the crotch grabbing DT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies