Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 03:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Let's all stop paying income taxes. According to DC, there is no need for the federal agent who will be wanting to pay us a visit to do any investigating. We simply tell him that we did pay, and that should take care of everything, easy peasy.
Good idea. We can hand over someone else's returns and when the IRS questions us due to inconsistency, we'll just say, 'Nope, I am who I am say I am!' and that will be that.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Well you see, members of our armed forces volunteered for that life.
They may have volunteered, they are technically government property, not illegals. They did not cross the boarder illegally. You have people crying that the conditions the illegals are in are horrid, but look at our service members...there are many times they sleep on the ground (https://taskandpurpose.com/7-photos-...sleep-anywhere). Oh the stories I've been told.
Better yet, see for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/kim.d.hohn/...20438446419937

Old 07-27-2019, 12:01 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
How often do troops in combat get to shower? The USG periodically imposes much worse conditions on members of our armed forces, so spare us the bleeding-heart BS.
So you are OK with a US citizen being held in custody, with no right to talk to a lawyer, and in concentration camp standards, when that citizen did nothing illegal.

Why? (you won't answer the why, I already know that)

Old 07-27-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Never happen. I have a US passport card in my wallet.
So you are comfortable with, "Give me your papers" then?

Old 07-27-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
If the conditions were as bad as he claims they were still better than most jails and prisons in this country.

Overcrowded, had to sleep on the floor, crappy blanket blah blah blah. Cry me a river.
He was a US citizen who was forced into the concentration camp.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Don't worry about facts.

Libs will step over them every time.
The fact is that he is a US citizen. Fact, one that the CBP could easily have verified, but refused to.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You keep repeating he was a US Citizen. When they detained him, they didn't know that.
Texas drivers license. SS card. Those would be your first clue.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It is actually a pretty ugly violation. Remember that you are not under any obligation to answer BP questions. Simply decline to answer.

I have gone through checkpoints in S. AZ a half dozen times. I do not provide anything to the agent. Nor do I constructively answer any questions. If asked where I am going I would respond with why do you want to know. Once they went to secondary inspection but I declined to allow a search so all they could do was walk a drug dog around the car. A fresh hertz rental which I think they determined and knocked off the silliness.

Couple of times I even ended up in a friendly conversation with the agents. Mostly though they decide I am a sovereign citizen or something and wave me on.

And that is of course what the law requires. You do not have to answer any questions or provide any documents unless you are not a citizen and have legal immigration documents. An illegal alien has no requirement to answer any questions.
I went through one of those on I-10. I was surprised, as a Canadian citizen, that they were stopping people away from the border, but I found out later that US laws allows that.

Anyways, with my Canadian license plated vehicle, CBP agent asked if I was a US citizen. I answered, no. His response, "Your free to go".

I found that weird, as I would have expected him to ask for my passport at the very least. Regardless, I guess me being in my 60's, white, tall, speaking in perfect English, blond, blue eyes, and I can have an air of authority about me, may have influenced the exchange. But that is just my guess.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:03 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
It saddens me deeply that this kind of thing is ok with many people. It could happen to any of us. Is this going to possibly going to be our new normal? If a SS card and/or a DL isn't good enough, what would they have us carry on our person?

Old 07-27-2019, 05:37 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good idea. We can hand over someone else's returns and when the IRS questions us due to inconsistency, we'll just say, 'Nope, I am who I am say I am!' and that will be that.
It would only be equivalent if you were jailed without basic necessities while the investigated whether or not your tax returns were your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies