Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 01:04 PM

35,685 posts, read 21,035,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Folks like you feel people don't need to take responsibility for their part in whatever happened. This mess began with a mother who falsified documents, but none of you have any problem with that.

What happened is certainly understandable for those of us looking at the facts. You're not in that category.
My dear - he is not the first or the last US Citizen detained. The big part you are missing is the time frame and and the conditions. I travel and have my documents and have pictures of them in another bag, and it can happen. With out going into more detail - they do have databases and like any other electronic device- they go down - maybe it’s thundering. Also the information could be missed that distinguishes mr Smith killer to mr Smith father of 2, because a birthday was entered transposed. Can happen. Many things can and do happen.
Poor CBP does not have the combined resources needed to handle the ever changing detention laws MrT keeps coming up with thus creating a terrible bottle neck of people. He crys -a wall- but what about the mess of people you holding in a center busting at the seams ??
Guat signed his agreement to try to take them in, ha they have shyte to offer anyone fleeing from Honduras. They are not cattle. They are people who chose their own way.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My dear - he is not the first or the last US Citizen detained. The big part you are missing is the time frame and and the conditions. I travel and have my documents and have pictures of them in another bag, and it can happen. With out going into more detail - they do have databases and like any other electronic device- they go down - maybe it’s thundering. Also the information could be missed that distinguishes mr Smith killer to mr Smith father of 2, because a birthday was entered transposed. Can happen. Many things can and do happen.
Poor CBP does not have the combined resources needed to handle the ever changing detention laws MrT keeps coming up with thus creating a terrible bottle neck of people. He crys -a wall- but what about the mess of people you holding in a center busting at the seams ??
Guat signed his agreement to try to take them in, ha they have shyte to offer anyone fleeing from Honduras. They are not cattle. They are people who chose their own way.
Can the condescension.

They checked the database and found information conflicting with his documents. HOW many times must that be repeated?

Most of the people are choosing their own way to illegally enter the country or are seeking asylum without needing to. Our borders are FLOODED with too many people, yet nobody considers that this may have an impact on conditions or timeframes.

If a mother is stupid enough to falsify records, what should one expect? She should be ashamed of herself for putting her son through all of this.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Quote:
Can the condescension.

They checked the database and found information conflicting with his documents. HOW many times must that be repeated?

Most of the people are choosing their own way to illegally enter the country or are seeking asylum without needing to. Our borders are FLOODED with too many people, yet nobody considers that this may have an impact on conditions or timeframes.

If a mother is stupid enough to falsify records, what should one expect? She should be ashamed of herself for putting her son through all of this.
Wrong, he had a wallet sized copy of his birth certificate plus an ID. They decided without actually checking that it was false and held an American citizen against his will. If it wasn't for his brother agreeing to be deported so he could contact his mother, I am sure the guy would still be there. I hope he gets a huge payday out of it.

This isn't the first time crap like this has happened. Another American citizen was deported and big money was spent returning him.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Can the condescension.

I said that. The databases are not infallible-in this case mom failed the kid. I have 2 grands 18/19 -they are kids—I would never let them travel OS alone if they asked me from what I know.
I also said there are lots more since 2012. There were at least 1400 US Citz detained. Law states 48 hrs. Max hold . Now the mess is exuberating the wait times. Not all CBP fault - the bottleneck is all mrT - as I said all in favor -unless your kid gets caught in the mayhem. Prob not if named Smith right ??

Old 07-27-2019, 01:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quite amazing !!!
Can go without a shower for 23 days but can't go without lying for 5 minuets !!!
Why are democrats looking so hard for a Michael Avenatti replacement ?

Old 07-27-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wrong, he had a wallet sized copy of his birth certificate plus an ID. They decided without actually checking that it was false and held an American citizen against his will. If it wasn't for his brother agreeing to be deported so he could contact his mother, I am sure the guy would still be there. I hope he gets a huge payday out of it.

This isn't the first time crap like this has happened. Another American citizen was deported and big money was spent returning him.
Siiiigggghhhhh.....

Having to repeat the facts is getting really old. He had what you stated. NOBODY has said otherwise.

They DID check. They got conflicting information. The reason for that is because of his mother falsifying documents.

Payday for what? His mother broke the damn law and you want to see him rewarded?

Old 07-27-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I said that. The databases are not infallible-in this case mom failed the kid. I have 2 grands 18/19 -they are kids—I would never let them travel OS alone if they asked me from what I know.
I also said there are lots more since 2012. There were at least 1400 US Citz detained. Law states 48 hrs. Max hold . Now the mess is exuberating the wait times. Not all CBP fault - the bottleneck is all mrT - as I said all in favor -unless your kid gets caught in the mayhem. Prob not if named Smith right ??
Yep, mom failed the kid. It's not the agents fault that they're flooded with so many people and there was conflicting information because she falsified records.

It doesn't matter what his last name is, but some people can't help pushing that narrative.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:48 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Quote:
Siiiigggghhhhh.....

Having to repeat the facts is getting really old. He had what you stated. NOBODY has said otherwise.

They DID check. They got conflicting information. The reason for that is because of his mother falsifying documents.

Payday for what? His mother broke the damn law and you want to see him rewarded?
Siiiigggghhhh….

Read the article. The agents had already decided his documents were fake before they even started looking into them. 23 days he was held. He would have been held longer if not for the enquiring minds of a local media. The agents broke the law and I hope he gets a large settlement.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Siiiigggghhhh….

Read the article. The agents had already decided his documents were fake before they even started looking into them. 23 days he was held. He would have been held longer if not for the enquiring minds of a local media. The agents broke the law and I hope he gets a large settlement.
Of course they suspected (not decided) they were fake - which was why they looked into them. So? That's their job.

He didn't have a passport. His brother and the person with them both stated that they were not citizens. They checked the database and found he once had a visitor's visa. They found documents that conflicted with the ones he provided them - a birth certificate saying he was born in Mexico.

Red flag for normal people. Aww...just let them go and hope for the best for libs.

Sorry. We have laws for a reason. Blame his stupid law-breaking mother.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Yep, mom failed the kid. It's not the agents fault that they're flooded with so many people and there was conflicting information because she falsified records.

It doesn't matter what his last name is, but some people can't help pushing that narrative.
It does matter in one way, one person with multiple last names is a nightmare. My PR friend has her two last names n married to her hubby with his two last names and she never took the married names. The kids have her last names -but not his, good luck in saying he the dad on a database and multiply that by common names of Central America, South America, Caribbean and USA.
I feel for CBP. They have been overrun - nobody talks about their hardship. And do not mention the political top or head of their union -
They only speak political - not real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies