Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 02:58 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then what is he? Be specific.....
He's a U.S. Senator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 03:03 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
He's a U.S. Senator.

So, he is not a state senator? Ohhh, he is a United States Senator....

Good lord folks.....well, hell...that's makes all the difference in the world....So, tell us, is he the senator of that state?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:12 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
He's a U.S. Senator.

JFC. Elijah Cummings is not a US Senator nor was he a Maryland State Senator.

Really and truly, stop holding yourself out as an expert.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
JFC. Elijah Cummings is not a US Senator nor was he a Maryland State Senator.

Really and truly, stop holding yourself out as an expert.

O.K., I'm sorry, and I don't know if we have ever had "words" but please explain what you just stated.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:45 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., I'm sorry, and I don't know if we have ever had "words" but please explain what you just stated.
If you mean JFC think of a blasphemous phrase.

For the second, you've been arguing with two different posters who make sure to have everyone know how smart they are and have both, especially the second, unequivocally assigned Cummings to an office he doesn't hold and another one he never held.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:06 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?

The irony is that the true racists are those that immediately jumped to the conclusion that Baltimore is a dump because of the race of its occupants. Trump didn't say anything about race, but the Left immediately assumed he was referring to people of color. The Left isn't even good at hiding their racism anymore.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Just like what Trump said to the Sad Squad. Not racist, yet that is the only narrative they now want to push since Russia has been revealed as a HOAX.
You mean those 4 women? That WAS racist. He saw their skin color and automatically assumed they were immigrants, even though only 1 was. I don't even know how President Trump talked his way out of that one.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:30 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, you know this pretty much already. Trump isn't interested in acting like a POTUS is supposed to be - act for the interests of the country, including Baltimore and the state of Maryland. It's really that he's hot and bothered about Cummings pressing him about the situation at the border and that his committee is investigating him. Trump feels the heat and is threatened - and it's his animal instinct to get into public petty spats with public figures, both political and non political.
It shows how petty President Trump can be. His comment was immature and not necessary. Baltimore has alot of problems, but as the President of this country, this is something Trump needs to understand. You don't get votes by talking down on another city.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If you mean JFC think of a blasphemous phrase.

For the second, you've been arguing with two different posters who make sure to have everyone know how smart they are and have both, especially the second, unequivocally assigned Cummings to an office he doesn't hold and another one he never held.

Who is JFC?

You are correct, my apologizes to all I have stated wrong.

Me being right or wrong, does not negate the fact that millions/billions have gone into MD and what has happened? Lets also remember the current video that has surfaced about EEC, when he left, it was a drug infested place....from the 1990s......

So, lets get this right, I'm wrong on what his job was, not wrong on what is happening in that State.....do you agree?

Old 07-31-2019, 09:19 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
I posted this in the other thread, but this seems to now be the main thread on Baltimore:

Quote:
What gets left out of the debate, amid the counter-charges of 'raaaacist,' is the big city machine politics that creates situations found in places like Baltimore. The system was invented by Martin Van Buren, a crafty NY political wheeler-dealer who later became the 8th president. It was fully brought to fruition by 'Boss' Tweed and Tammany Hall in the 19th century.

As with today, Tweed based his machine on ethnic politics, by harnessing the power of hordes of immigrant Irish voters. He paid them back with trinkets and crumbs, thereby putting himself and his cronies in a position to fleece the public coffers.

The system gradually spread to big cities around the US, and has obviously been ruinous. Why aren't we talking about reforms to big city political machines to make things better, instead of running around yelling 'raaaaacist?'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies