Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 09:16 AM

720 posts, read 500,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Because not one of those detractors is the President, and some expect behavior from the POTUS that is at least slightly elevated above others.

I would expect that from any elected official. Trump being President doesn't mean he's the only one who should hold himself to a standard. Plenty of elected officials who criticize him make comments that I think are out of bounds for someone with veto power. I can't say they get beat over the head with Emily Post's rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I think now that we see that Trump and Cummings actually agree on the state of Baltimore that this petty fighting can stop now.
This is the thing. This had nothing to do with Baltimore. This started out about the border wall. It turned into Baltimore. Trump said what he said as an attempt to hit below the belt. President Trump didn't need to say what he said about Baltimore. His comment was petty and had nothing to do with the actual subject.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:36 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,801,283 times
... and yet here we are talking about Baltimore and the struggle Americans are having in the rat infested crime riddled area.

funny how that works... right?

Everyone deserves to be heard and opportunity.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:53 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. This had nothing to do with Baltimore. This started out about the border wall. It turned into Baltimore. Trump said what he said as an attempt to hit below the belt. President Trump didn't need to say what he said about Baltimore. His comment was petty and had nothing to do with the actual subject.
Exactly. Trump just wants to get back at Cummings because his committee is investigating him, not to mention putting the heat on him about the border issues. Basically Trump did a massive red herring diversion.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:54 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times
Quote:
Hey man, Cummings shoot the first arrow with his acidic, foaming at the mouth criticism of the Southern border crisis. He really doesn’t have a lot of moral high ground to be judging a federal issue when he can’t even manage his own city issue. Trump responded to his criticism with some fair criticism of his own.

Of course it was delivered in Trump’s usual inflammatory style that people hate. That’s just how Trump rolls. Cummings is the same damn way. They’re actually two of a kind: two mouthy blowhards pointing fingers at each other.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:06 PM

45,344 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Let's recap:
Clinton was criticized, he punched back to great applause.
Obama was criticized, not only did he punch back he also told detractors that they could come along for the ride but in the back of the bus. Again to great applause.

Trump punches back and the Union is in danger of collapsing.

I've been involved in politics for going on 40 years now and never thought I'd ever say the following (keeping in mind that Martin O'Malley is, in my opinion, the biggest piece of **** to ever hold elective office) but I now believe that if Democrats didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:24 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Let's recap:
Clinton was criticized, he punched back to great applause.
Obama was criticized, not only did he punch back he also told detractors that they could come along for the ride but in the back of the bus. Again to great applause.

Trump punches back and the Union is in danger of collapsing.

I've been involved in politics for going on 40 years now and never thought I'd ever say the following (keeping in mind that Martin O'Malley is, in my opinion, the biggest piece of **** to ever hold elective office) but I now believe that if Democrats didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.
That’s basically it in a nutshell. Detractors keep taking these rabbit punches at Trump, and he responds with big ole haymakers, to which they always cry some ism or another. It’s gotten old.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:33 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,801,283 times
The dems are NOW officially the JV of politics.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:37 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The dems are NOW officially the JV of politics.
I watched a few clips of that embarrassment last night and I have to say if I were still a Democrat I would be worried.

I mean Joe Biden is the voice of reason...by a LONG shot.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:08 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,189 times
Quote:
I actually agree with this. The comment by President Trump was stupid. Accurate, but still stupid.

So why do hundreds upon hundreds of Trump-haters, from CD posters to CNN commentators, use the comment to accuse Trump of racism? Why not just accuse him of stupidity? Why the need to respond to a stupid comment with a false accusation???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies