Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2021, 08:25 AM

10,343 posts, read 7,943,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If you don't support this transwoman, you are a bigot. Women especially need to step up and support trans in sports! (Even if it means your daughter won't get that scholarship, lol.)

Ah hell no! Not supporting this at all. Call me bigot if you want. lol I don't care. So tired of the WOKE.

Desantis even stopped this craziness in FL. Thank goodness we have a man that does the right thing and doesn't give a hoot about the WOKE crazies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 08:30 AM

19,384 posts, read 6,550,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I'd still say that that's highly unlikely. Even with the (relative) promise of sports glory the number of trans people is extremely small.

Though yes the de-stigmatization of trans identity will definitely lead more people to come out in this way. But I doubt they will be able to "fill" teams. Only a tiny percentage of people are trans and of them an even tinier percentage are going to be competitive athletes.

That said, given that the number of trans athletes will inevitably grow, it's certain that going forward many, many women's records will fall and be held by trans women in the future.

I also think that in the medium and long term, the motivation for biological girls and women to devote time and energy to seeking excellence in competitive sports will diminish considerably as a result of this.
No, it WILL be made up entirely of transgenders. True that there aren’t that many of them, but what bio-woman would want to make the effort and take the time to try to excel in her sport knowing her competitors will be bio-men?

Old 06-22-2021, 08:46 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
I wonder if there will be international rage when this dude/dudette smashes the women's world record---thus eliminating all past women's world records in this event! REAL WOMEN need no longer try to win this event in the future.
Hubbard is not really close to Tatyana Kashirina's level though. I think her records are safe for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QnASEwOBT4

Old 06-22-2021, 08:48 AM

20,331 posts, read 9,213,375 times
we really need to do away with this two sexes thing and have just one big competition for everybody. Women don't need to be accommodated anymore, that's sexist!

Old 06-22-2021, 08:52 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,168,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
I didn't know you guys are still upset about this. Are there that many transgender athletes for this to be an issue?
It only takes one transgender to ruin an entire Olympic event, that only happens once every four years, for every female athlete who has trained for that event, from every country in the world. A shot at the Olympics is a once in a lifetime chance for many, although some athletes have attended more than once. For most it is once in a lifetime & the pandemic has already extended that this year.

Women who had been aiming for 2020 had to wait until 2021 & now here comes this guy in his 40's, who could probably still win against them in his 60's. In fact, precedent has now been set & "Laurel" could keep coming back to win the next 5 Olympics for the next 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Laurel Hubbard is a New Zealander, and New Zealand has no objections to her competition.
Neither does the Olympic committee, apparently.
Of course NZ isn't objecting NOW, he's going to bring home the Gold. That's the only reason it has gotten this far; is that these guys are an asset to whichever university or team they are on. Easy to appear so "accepting" when you know your "girl" is going to wipe up the track, court or mat in an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
It is the transgenders who hate women.
I do believe this. Our mere biological existence is a threat to them. We remind them of what they can never be. Sometimes I wonder if the societal depedastalization of men has contributed to this. Men have been told for so long that women don't "need" them. You know, supposedly we can do it all without them (which isn't actually true). Maybe in some men, this has caused an identity crisis. Maybe all this acceptance hasn't done these people any favors. I've always been okay with how someone chose to identify, how they wanted to dress, who they wanted to have sex with & even if they wanted to surgically alter their bodies but now I wonder if that's only been perpetuating something darker.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:59 AM

41,005 posts, read 49,464,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It only takes one transgender to ruin an entire Olympic event, that only happens once every four years, for every female athlete who has trained for that event, from every country in the world. A shot at the Olympics is a once in a lifetime chance for many, although some athletes have attended more than once. For most it is once in a lifetime & the pandemic has already extended that this year.

This is Kuinini ‘Nini’ Manumua, the woman who was ultimately displaced by inclusion of Laurel Hubbard.

She’s 21, and it would have been her first Olympics.

https://twitter.com/FondOfBeetles/st...92665644830725

Old 06-22-2021, 09:01 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,848,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This is Kuinini ‘Nini’ Manumua, the woman who was ultimately displaced by inclusion of Laurel Hubbard.

It’s so wrong for this woman to be displaced by a bio man.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:07 AM

53,436 posts, read 35,124,554 times

Female Weightlifter Suffers Tragic Testicle Injury Just Weeks Before Tokyo Olympics

Old 06-22-2021, 09:08 AM

1,710 posts, read 644,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

That is a shame. She lost her spot on a women's team to a man. What a sick world we live in.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:10 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,196,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Women who had been aiming for 2020 had to wait until 2021 & now here comes this guy in his 40's, who could probably still win against them in his 60's. In fact, precedent has now been set & "Laurel" could keep coming back to win the next 5 Olympics for the next 20 years.

Of course NZ isn't objecting NOW, he's going to bring home the Gold. That's the only reason it has gotten this far; is that these guys are an asset to whichever university or team they are on. Easy to appear so "accepting" when you know your "girl" is going to wipe up the track, court or mat in an event.

I do believe this. Our mere biological existence is a threat to them. We remind them of what they can never be. Sometimes I wonder if the societal depedastalization of men has contributed to this. Men have been told for so long that women don't "need" them. You know, supposedly we can do it all without them (which isn't actually true). Maybe in some men, this has caused an identity crisis. Maybe all this acceptance hasn't done these people any favors. I've always been okay with how someone chose to identify, how they wanted to dress, who they wanted to have sex with & even if they wanted to surgically alter their bodies but now I wonder if that's only been perpetuating something darker.
envy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies