Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times

Advertisements

The Question should be. "If you were in charge, what would you do about VIOLENT PEOPLE?"

Guns do not act on their own. Their are tens of millions of people that own guns all over the U.S. that will never harm anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I did not say "such as". I want them eliminated. Period.

And I want the Guv to buy them back.
It's all there on your computer.
(Uh-oh... He's resorting to sarcasm and anger....)
Yes, you want guns eliminated and banned.

You want to eliminate the 2nd.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Hmmm, well we'll have to agree to disagree. If a person chooses to commit a crime, they know they are giving up their rights. Then they have no rights for anyone to infringe upon. On the other hand, I, as a lawful person, have my rights intact, and "they shall not be infringed"

Good discussion though......
Then let's meet the middle on how expansive that clause is. Your first gun... No taxes, no insurance, no registration fee... Just registering it in a database. Your right to bear arms has not been infringed.

Every gun after that, there are taxes, insurance, and registration fees you have to pay before you get the gun.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:58 PM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, you want guns eliminated and banned.

You want to eliminate the 2nd.
You have no argument.

So you invent one you think you can win.

Nice try.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Then let's meet the middle on how expansive that clause is. Your first gun... No taxes, no insurance, no registration fee... Just registering it in a database. Your right to bear arms has not been infringed.

Every gun after that, there are taxes, insurance, and registration fees you have to pay before you get the gun.
Your first comment in public, no infringement.

For everything else you say, you must apply for a permit and pay a tax.

Same with voting.

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Upon completion of a background investigation - not a perfunctory records check but a reasonable background investigation including psychiatric evaluation and online activities - a citizen would be authorized to purchase or possess bolt, pump, or lever action rifles and shotguns of limited quantity and one single or double action revolver.
Does owning multiple handguns or guns somehow make someone more dangerous?

Here is a quick quiz for you

Joe or Jane Doe normal citizens with no record and are peaceful own 20 handguns for various sport and home defense or whatever they want them for.

Johnny has one gun, gets angry at the world one day and starts shooting.

Melvin a drug dealer only has one gun he bought off another criminal, he doesn't care about guns themselves just that they protect his drug trade, he already lives outside the law so gun laws don't mean anything.

Who is really a threat?, Joe and Jane with a big collection, or Johnny and Melvin who only have one gun?

Now read this...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...bout-guns.html

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:

Well, there you go again, applying the right to bear arms to a single gun. So it is either plural or it is not.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You have no argument.

So you invent one you think you can win.

Nice try.
Still can't read your own words.

Lol

Old 09-07-2019, 04:02 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Does owning multiple handguns or guns somehow make someone more dangerous?

Here is a quick quiz for you

Joe or Jane Doe normal citizens with no record and are peaceful own 20 handguns for various sport and home defense or whatever they want them for.

Johnny has one gun, gets angry at the world one day and starts shooting.

Melvin a drug dealer only has one gun he bought off another criminal, he doesn't care about guns themselves just that they protect his drug trade, he already lives outside the law so gun laws don't mean anything.

Who is really a threat?, Joe and Jane with a big collection, or Johnny and Melvin who only have one gun?
The goal is to severely restrict the access to guns for the bad guys by significantly reducing the number of type of guns in circulation. It works. Everywhere.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:03 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,796,404 times
Quote:
That's fine. I hope you have fun paying the $10k fine for each unregistered gun. I also hope you get hit for a few years in jail too for running an unlicensed gun store -- why else would you need 20 guns on premise? And finally, I hope it was all worth it when you're permanently banned from owning any guns due to your prior gun related offenses
Oh, just saw this...a quick response before I'm done for today....

Is the fine gonna be $10k, you're sure? Or are you guessing at a number?
I never said I had 20, no way.... But you must not know many gun people.....20 guns is a very reasonable number for most I know. All legal. Esp if you have a CCR lic....
I wish I could take you to meet some gun enthusiasts..it might not change your mind on anything, but you'd see a bunch of good people passionate about their sport/pastime/hobby
You'd love meeting this one guy I know, he freaked out the other day after doing an ammo count and realized he had slipped below his magic number of 26,000. You have to register to buy ammo now in Cali , so a quick drive took care of his problem....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies