Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 09:18 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,194,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
More swimming pools mean more dead kids.

More alcohol mean more dead Americans.

Neither pools or drinking alcohol are needed. Ready to ban those or are those deaths entertaining?
Dude, if you want to discuss swimming pools and alcoholism then start a separate thread.

More guns equals more gun deaths. It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 09:22 AM

59,325 posts, read 27,496,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Tell us why we should have one.
"Tell us why we should have one"

Just page 1 of 44 PAGES OF why. A shortlist of what COULD happen to you. Only goes back 10 years.

No different then the life insurance, health insurance, home owner's insurance or car insurance, etc. you have.

Look REAL HARD a the at the 1st one, could EASILY happen to YOU! What could have happened to YOU in this situation?

"A woman had walked back to her car when she was approached by an older man, who was upset because he reportedly thought she was not entitled to have a handicapped-parking decal inside her car. The woman told the man she was parked in a paid space rather than in handicapped parking. She apparently yelled at the man, who left the scene only to return with a steering-wheel lock. He allegedly swung the weapon at her as she attempted to keep him away from her by fighting him off with one hand while screaming for help. “No one would help me. I was scared. I felt like my life was in danger,” she later told news reporters. The woman held a concealed-carry license. With no alternative, she reached into her purse and pulled out her handgun, shooting the suspect in the leg."

The Armed Citizen® September 6, 2019

A woman had walked back to her car when she was approached by an older...

The Armed Citizen® September 02, 2019

An intruder wielding a machete tried to break into a Dekalb County, Ga., neighborhood home... ws The Armed Citizen® August 30, 2019

A man with a handgun attempted to break into four vehicles in a shopping center... The Armed Citizen® August 26, 2019

An armed citizen was credited by police as playing a critical role in defusing a...

The Armed Citizen® August 23, 2019

A Boyle County homeowner stopped a would-be auto thief early one Friday morning.

August 19, 2019

In Atlanta, Ga., an individual was returning home to discover three suspects breaking into multiple...

The Armed Citizen® August 16, 2019

A home invader pressed his luck a little too far one night in Sioux City,...

The Armed Citizen® August 12, 2019

A car thief chose the wrong vehicle to steal in St. Louis.

The Armed Citizen® August 9, 2019

A retired officer carrying a concealed firearm came to the rescue in what might have...

The Armed Citizen® August 2, 2019

In Baton Rouge, La., an employee at a grocery store was working when a masked...

The Armed Citizen® July 29, 2019

In Washington state, a homeowner encountered a vagrant who had broken into his home.

The Armed Citizen® July 26, 2019

A cabbie picked up a fare on the campus of Indiana State University during his...
zen® July 22, 2019

A man trying to force his way into a Crescent Township home met with more...The Armed Citizen® September 6, 2019 A woman had walked back to her car when she was approached by an older...

An intruder wielding a machete tried to break into a Dekalb County, Ga., neighborhood home...

The Armed Citizen® August 30, 2019

A man with a handgun attempted to break into four vehicles in a shopping center...

The Armed Citizen® August 26, 2019

An armed citizen was credited by police as playing a critical role in defusing a...

A Boyle County homeowner stopped a would-be auto thief early one Friday morning.

The Armed Citizen® August 19, 2019

In Atlanta, Ga., an individual was returning home to discover three suspects breaking into multiple...

A retired officer carrying a concealed firearm came to the rescue in what might have...

In Baton Rouge, La., an employee at a grocery store was working when a masked...

In Washington state, a homeowner encountered a vagrant who had broken into his home.

A cabbie picked up a fare on the campus of Indiana State University during his...

The Armed Citizen® July 22, 2019

A man trying to force his way into a Crescent Township home met with more..

News The Armed Citizen® July 19, 2019

An armed citizen in Trenton, Mo., used his concealed firearm to help assist an officer...

The Armed Citizen® July 15

A home intruder met his end after breaking and entering into the wrong home in...The Armed Citizen® The Armed Citizen® July 19, 2019

An armed citizen in Trenton, Mo., used his concealed firearm to help assist an officer...

A home intruder met his end after breaking and entering into the wrong home in...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/the-armed-citizen/

Last edited by Quick Enough; 09-08-2019 at 09:54 AM..

Old 09-08-2019, 09:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,673,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Tell us why YOU, personally, should NOT have a gun, as asked in the OP

5th Commandment per Catholics & Lutherans: Thou Shalt Not Kill.

The First Buddhist Precept: Do Not Kill

6th Commandment of the Torah: Thou Shalt Do No Murder

6th Commandment of most Christians: You Shall Not Murder

* A gun only has one purpose. It is an instrument designed to kill or injure.
5th commandment, thall shall not murder.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:24 AM

814 posts, read 671,502 times
LOL how about ya dig up all the people that met their doom when reaching for a gun? Probably don't have those on speed dial.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Because I might have to use it to defend myself and end up being put in jail by a jury of liberals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I believe it. Apparently, Texas and Florida has many citizens owning guns. I would have never known this if I didn't read it here on City-data and I have lived in both states for more than two decades.
My home state is Fl. We are growing but most of Fl still has many wild animals. Snakes, bears, bob cats, wild pigs, gators, wolves, panthers and they anywhere there is a wooded area. You might not shoot them but scare them away with a loud blast.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,556,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Dead kids are dead kids.

Should we ban swimming pools?

https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreatio...factsheet.html
You don't get it, do you? Swimming pools have a lot of benefits and while accidents do happen, their good far outweighs their bad. I don't think you understand what you're doing when you compare guns to cars or pools or alcohol. The main purpose of a gun is to kill. I'm not far banning them and I understand why they are needed, but a car gets me back and forth to where I am going. A pool is used for recreation and exercise. Alcohol has it's purpose to.

You keep trying to compare oranges to vegetables and don't realize the comparison is mainly in your head

Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,673,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Dude, if you want to discuss swimming pools and alcoholism then start a separate thread.

More guns equals more gun deaths. It's that simple.
Not when people say that guns should be banned to to POTENTIAL danger. Once that is introduced as a reason, all other POTENTIALLY dangerous item are fair game.

Yeah, I know it destroys a main argument of the left.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Tell us why we should have one.
Hunting
personal protection
an investment
recreation

Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just a shortlist of what COULD happen to you.

The Armed Citizen® September 6, 2019

A woman had walked back to her car when she was approached by an older...

An intruder wielding a machete tried to break into a Dekalb County, Ga., neighborhood home...

The Armed Citizen® August 30, 2019

A man with a handgun attempted to break into four vehicles in a shopping center...

The Armed Citizen® August 26, 2019

The Armed Citizen® August 19, 2019

The Armed Citizen® July 22, 2019

A man trying to force his way into a Crescent Township home met with more...

The Armed Citizen® July 19, 2019

A home intruder met his end after breaking and entering into the wrong home in...
This post need to be taken down

Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 AM

814 posts, read 671,502 times
This is what's goofy about gun ownership. Such a power trip. 3% of America owns 50% of the guns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies