Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 07:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i am pro-life and it has absolutely nothing to do with religion. i am without religious beliefs.
I'm pro-life yet not very religious, though I call myself a Christian. The small religious part of me has nothing to do with my pro-life views.

That said, I am FOR the pill, FOR plan B, and do support the right to abortion in the case of rape or medical necessity (only).

Old 05-02-2009, 07:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
They hate the thought of having a higher power to answer to in the afterlife.

Atheism is a religion of feel-good. It is all about self gratification. Ohh babies being made? We will fix that with abortion. Just kill the young child that was created from a few minutes of fun. etc... on and on they go.

That is SO ridiculous.

How about this, the religious can't live their own life or have ANY type of self responsibility so they rely on a magical being to tell them right from wrong. Without the bible, all religious people would murder, rape and steal because without a book telling them what to do they would go crazy. Instead of taking responsibility for doing something bad, you say the devil made you do it. Instead of being humble and giving/taking credit where credit is due, you blame it on 'god'. Doctors get no recognition for saving a life because it's a 'miracle' etc.

Now, I know that's not true because I know a lot of really good religious people, but basing stereotypes on extremes is absolutely stupid.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Too bad you didn't think slowly and carefully - you possibly would have made an ounce of sense if you did - but instead, your posts sound like a lot of religious right-wing dogma...
Although I am religious, I rarely if ever use religion to support any argument I make.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,451 times
The liberal media has invested a lot of time, money, and creditability on Obama. If he fails then they have lost a hell of a lot that's why we keep hearing that the Republicans have to change. B---S--- staying true to the conservative principals is the only way truth will be known. I believe in the Bible, guns and everybody paying his share of taxes not just one group. If you pay taxes then the citizens are invested in the system and pay attention to how it is spent. That is the truth that the Democratic party keeps hidden.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:11 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
The liberal media has invested a lot of time, money, and creditability on Obama. If he fails then they have lost a hell of a lot that's why we keep hearing that the Republicans have to change. B---S--- staying true to the conservative principals is the only way truth will be known. I believe in the Bible, guns and everybody paying his share of taxes not just one group. If you pay taxes then the citizens are invested in the system and pay attention to how it is spent. That is the truth that the Democratic party keeps hidden.
Well said.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
I believe in the Bible, guns and everybody paying his share of taxes not just one group..
Do you have ANY idea how absolutely insane it sounds for you to say you believe in the Bible and Guns????

The two are absolutely diametrically opposed...

Unless, of course, you can quote the chapter and verses where it is written that it is OK for a believer to own an AR-15 or Ak-47 with an extended clip, or a shot gun, or even a simple assault rifle (semi-automatic at best of course - no fully automatic weapons could ever be allowed by the Bible)...

Oh - I see - when it is written in the Bible 'He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword' - you took it literally - and felt that it was a conscious exemption by God that allowed fully and semi-automatic weapons to slip thru with his blessing...

ROFLMAO!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
But wait. You aren't conservative. You're trying to give us bad advice.
Oh, yeah, I forgot. You want your "tent" to be as small as possible.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Nope. You people have bastardized the term. You piously use 'choice' when you mean you want abortion.
You don't need to tell me what I'm trying to say. I can speak quite clearly.

The Palin girl chose to keep her baby. That's the point. Her mother talked about it as a "decision" that she was proud of. If they were truly anti-abortion, they wouldn't have even thought about it as a decision.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
He's a liberal on abortion.
So in your book, in order to be a real Republican, you must believe that abortion should be illegal. Is that correct?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 PM

238 posts, read 305,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Do you have ANY idea how absolutely insane it sounds for you to say you believe in the Bible and Guns????

The two are absolutely diametrically opposed...

Unless, of course, you can quote the chapter and verses where it is written that it is OK for a believer to own an AR-15 or Ak-47 with an extended clip, or a shot gun, or even a simple assault rifle (semi-automatic at best of course - no fully automatic weapons could ever be allowed by the Bible)...

Oh - I see - when it is written in the Bible 'He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword' - you took it literally - and felt that it was a conscious exemption by God that allowed fully and semi-automatic weapons to slip thru with his blessing...

ROFLMAO!!!
Jesus told his followers to sell their clothes and buy swords. Check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.