U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,226 posts, read 3,538,453 times
Reputation: 1669

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
I guess Roosevelt should have been in prison as well since he declared war on Japan and Germany? And JFK got us into the war in Vietnam. I guess he is responsible for all the maiming and killing that went on there? What laws did Bush violate? The president and congress declared war on two countries that they determined to be enemies of the free world. I don't get the analogy.
I think you are more angry about someone saying something bad about a black male and feel the need to turn it around and criticize a white guy.
I wasnt even going to point out all of the stupidity in this post but I couldnt resist. First, youre comparing Roosevelt... who declared war after the US was attacked in Pearl Harbor where it was KNOWN to be Japan... to G.W. Bush, who lied and said there was concrete evidence of WMD's in Iraq... who also used the vulnerability of the American people after September 11... which was proven to have absolutely NO ties to Iraq whatsoever????????? Is that what you're saying?????????????

Even YOU should be able to see how ridiculous that sounds. And FYI its only a "free" world for some. Please, stop the madness. You're the ONLY one in this thread that had a hard time understanding the correlation here. Go figure.

 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 15,090,257 times
Reputation: 7907
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
What laws did Bush violate?

He has openly admitted, in writing, to ordering the torture of a prisoner.
 
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
 
479 posts, read 580,718 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
You're the ONLY one in this thread that had a hard time understanding the correlation here. Go figure.

Please dont speak up for everyone when you have no authority or right to do so.

Besides, you're obviously wrong. Besides myself, LovinDecatur and JohnAtl and also didnt like or "understand" the implied correlation.
 
Old 11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
3,521 posts, read 4,265,778 times
Reputation: 2286
All I want is for people to stop demonizing Vick. He went before a Court of Law, admitted his guilt, he served his time in jail, he has repented, and he is not in Georgia anymore. Leave him alone.
 
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
 
281 posts, read 531,692 times
Reputation: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
He has openly admitted, in writing, to ordering the torture of a prisoner.
Waterboarding was legal at the time, maybe it still is. If it prevented even one American death I am all for it.
I agree that going into Iraq was probably a bad decision, but I honestly think Bush thought they had WMD's. Anyway, the world is a much safer place without Saddam and his progeny. His kids were even crazier than he was. But I digress.
 
Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 PM
 
479 posts, read 580,718 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
All I want is for people to stop demonizing Vick. He went before a Court of Law, admitted his guilt, he served his time in jail, he has repented, and he is not in Georgia anymore. Leave him alone.
So sorry, but its not really your call, is it?

Clearly you can advocate for Vick all you like. But you dont have authority to tell others what they can and cant do. At least not on an Open Forum and a free country like this.

Lots of people dont care that Vick served his time and "admitted guilt" (only after the evidence was overwhelming). None of that absolves him for his actions. They feel the incredibly cruel acts in whch he voluntarily and systematically engaged belie his true character.

Rapists rarely turn into women's advocates after doing their time. People that torture and kill needlessly dont become humanitarians after a few months in prison. Until Vick demonstrates a true change of heart (words are EASY), his actions wont be forgotten and he wont be forgiven
 
Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
 
Location: America
5,098 posts, read 7,597,508 times
Reputation: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
So sorry, but its not really your call, is it?

Clearly you can advocate for Vick all you like. But you dont have authority to tell others what they can and cant do. At least not on an Open Forum and a free country like this.
grow up. he wasn't telling people what to do. he was saying what he would like people to do.

we live in a sorry society of finger pointers. people love to judge and refuse to forgive....michael vick could adopt and care for every dog in the world and people would still hate him. lucky for vick, he's worth about a couple million dollars too much to be truly concerned with what people like you think
 
Old 11-17-2010, 06:15 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,226 posts, read 3,538,453 times
Reputation: 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Please dont speak up for everyone when you have no authority or right to do so.

Besides, you're obviously wrong. Besides myself, LovinDecatur and JohnAtl and also didnt like or "understand" the implied correlation.
Well its not my fault that your comprehension skills arent up to par... *shrug*
 
Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,226 posts, read 3,538,453 times
Reputation: 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
grow up. he wasn't telling people what to do. he was saying what he would like people to do.

we live in a sorry society of finger pointers. people love to judge and refuse to forgive....michael vick could adopt and care for every dog in the world and people would still hate him. lucky for vick, he's worth about a couple million dollars too much to be truly concerned with what people like you think
Dont mind him... its just another one of those types of people that we have on here.
 
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 PM
 
1,461 posts, read 2,624,154 times
Reputation: 910
If you're the victim of Waterboarding, there is probably good reason.

If you're a dog that was raised to be a monster, so that a bunch of hood rats can get their jocks off when they see blood spewing from your neck ...torturing and murdering defenseless animals in my opinion is far worse than torturing a someone associated with endangering my and/or others lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top