Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I don't agree with the whole "tarnishing his legacy" when it comes to his last 2 Super Bowl losses after beating the Bears.

Brady won 3 straight... then lost 2 straight to Eli. Is his legacy tarnished?

I would say that if I had to choose a Manning for a Super Bowl game I'd choose Eli due to the fact Peyton seems to get it done during the season but not the playoffs... and Eli is the opposite.

LOL
Of course to Eli's benefit he has gotten to go up against the Patriots new school defense's in the Super Bowl. Not the early 2000 Patriot defenses that were actually good. Sometimes it is all about match-ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 AM

513 posts, read 695,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Peyton Manning is a good QB and I will give him that. I'm sure he would give up some of those numbers in exchange for another superbowl title though. There are QB's out there with lesser numbers but have more superbowl wins in their career. He have been in three superbowl with one win and two losses and a post-season record of 23-11. I don't know about the no QB ever can match his overall numbers statement. I'm sure someone must have said that about somebody before Peyton came along. The saying is, records are meant to broken and at some point in history somebody will eventually do just that.
Post season record is 11-12

Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 AM

878 posts, read 941,871 times
Manning is great. But there is one greatest and his name is Joe Montana.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
Post season record is 11-12
I stand corrected, cant do the math this morning. It was 23 post season games vs 11 losses.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:05 AM

878 posts, read 941,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I don't agree with the whole "tarnishing his legacy" when it comes to his last 2 Super Bowl losses after beating the Bears.

Brady won 3 straight... then lost 2 straight to Eli. Is his legacy tarnished?
Yes. You don't lose Super Bowls and get mentioned in the same sentence with Joe Montana.

There's only one QB I'd want in a Super Bowl. Joe.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:49 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
There was this controversy about Eli. Was he "elite"? Those who wanted to shut the doubters up pointed to his two Super Bowl wins. But now we have Russell Wilson. What Eli and Russell had in common was dominating defenses. Maybe neither on of them is "elite". Don't have to be a Brady or Manning or Aaron Rodgers with a monster D. Frankly, I'd rather have an elite team than an elite QB.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,347 times
Manning is still a top 5 QB of all time but I think this loss does two things. It eliminates any chance his becomes the greatest of all time and it opens up opportunity for other QB to overtake him. If Aaron Rodgers wins another Super Bowl I think we can start to make an argument for him being over Manning and who knows what other QB's in the future can do.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Reps to you OP! I agree completely, Manning is still a great quaterback. I don't think any QB would have done any better against that Seattle defense yesterday.
, and although I live in Tn, I'm not a fan of Manning nor his team (as in, I don't root for him).

But he remains, at a career long level, the Gold Standard of quarterbacks of the moden era. I would not compare him and those of prior eras, as the coverage was allowed to do more to limit receptions than, so it is apples and oranges.

But for this era, his legacy was hardly tarnished by the Super Bowl. The Seattle D was awesome.

P.S. Just saw the last post. I'm a Green Bay fan, but do not, even for a second, think all it would take is one more GB Super Bowl. I need to see Rogers stay right near the top in TDs, Passing %, Ratio of TDs to Interceptions, etc, for at least another 5 to 8 years before I'd rush to elevate him into consideration to Manning's level.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:16 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
, and although I live in Tn, I'm not a fan of Manning nor his team (as in, I don't root for him).

But he remains, at a career long level, the Gold Standard of quarterbacks of the moden era. I would not compare him and those of prior eras, as the coverage was allowed to do more to limit receptions than, so it is apples and oranges.

But for this era, his legacy was hardly tarnished by the Super Bowl. The Seattle D was awesome.

P.S. Just saw the last post. I'm a Green Bay fan, but do not, even for a second, think all it would take is one more GB Super Bowl. I need to see Rogers stay right near the top in TDs, Passing %, Ratio of TDs to Interceptions, etc, for at least another 5 to 8 years before I'd rush to elevate him into consideration to Manning's level.
Versus Drew Brees or Tom Brady? What's the difference. Brees racks up awesome numbers, too. Manning was breaking Brees records.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Versus Drew Brees or Tom Brady? What's the difference. Brees racks up awesome numbers, too. Manning was breaking Brees records.
My order would be Manning, Brady, Brees, with 2nd closer to 3rd than 1st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football