Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 10:05 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Please go look at Ben Roethlisbergers rookie season... He was 13-0 during his Rookie season. Tommy Maddox started the other 3 Steeler games. The Steelers finished the season 15-1 but lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Patriots... Despite the playoff loss, Steeler fans, as spoiled as they are to Championships, considered the season a success. GO FIGURE!
Hey playoffs are definitely a crapshoot. But there ARE NO Patriots in the NFC this year. Hey whatever man,.... all I ask of you Cowboy fans is PLEASE keep disregarding the Giants..they are no threat. Worry more about the Skins or Tampa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 07:48 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
The Giants are 8-3... winners of 6 in a row, they are not SNEAKING up on ANYONE This year.. They would be in first place in any other NFC Division so i don't think anyone is disregarding them.. Every Cowboys knows that if the Giants beat the Cowboys next Sunday they will be one game out of 1st place (assuming they beat the Steelers today) and the Cowboys will have zero room for error or they will be playing the Wildcard weekend, on the road.

The Steelers game today could make or break the Giants division hopes. If they loose today, they will be 3 games back so even if they win next week vs Dallas they are still 2 games back with 3 to play. The Cowboys would have to loose 2 of 3 down the stretch (Bucs, Lions, Eagles) which is NOT out of the question while the Giants would have to win out (Lions, Redskins and Eagles), again not out of the question but the game today vs the Steelers and the game next week vs the Cowboys are must wins for the Giants to have any division title hopes.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:24 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Because as a rookie, dak would have achieved something in one season that Romo could not do in 10 years which would completely start a new era.
>>>> As an Eagles fan, I take no solace calling exactly this scenario when Romo got hurt. I knew that the Cowboys were much better off without him than with him playing. I don't think they'd have 6 wins had he stayed healthy. But people call Eagles fans fickle when players don't win. I've talked to numerous Cowboys fans( mostly all obnoxious now after years of being subdued fans) and they have all kicked Romo to the curb with only one exception. The one who defends him, well, he's mindlessly loyal to a fault.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
The Giants are 8-3... winners of 6 in a row, they are not SNEAKING up on ANYONE This year.. They would be in first place in any other NFC Division so i don't think anyone is disregarding them.. Every Cowboys knows that if the Giants beat the Cowboys next Sunday they will be one game out of 1st place (assuming they beat the Steelers today) and the Cowboys will have zero room for error or they will be playing the Wildcard weekend, on the road.

The Steelers game today could make or break the Giants division hopes. If they loose today, they will be 3 games back so even if they win next week vs Dallas they are still 2 games back with 3 to play. The Cowboys would have to loose 2 of 3 down the stretch (Bucs, Lions, Eagles) which is NOT out of the question while the Giants would have to win out (Lions, Redskins and Eagles), again not out of the question but the game today vs the Steelers and the game next week vs the Cowboys are must wins for the Giants to have any division title hopes.
You might not but I know many who don't see a threat. Hey, maybe they are right...next 2 weeks will tell it all. Hell I'm not even convinced myself

Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 AM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> As an Eagles fan, I take no solace calling exactly this scenario when Romo got hurt. I knew that the Cowboys were much better off without him than with him playing. I don't think they'd have 6 wins had he stayed healthy. But people call Eagles fans fickle when players don't win. I've talked to numerous Cowboys fans( mostly all obnoxious now after years of being subdued fans) and they have all kicked Romo to the curb with only one exception. The one who defends him, well, he's mindlessly loyal to a fault.

And lot of people forget when romo came back last season on thanksgiving when he was supposed to be healthy,.he threw two interceptions that was returned for.a td. Dak has only thrown 2 ints all season which is why he is still the starter because he is clearly the better option.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
had romo been leading the cowboys this season, i think they would still have a winning record, but i think they would be 8-3 or 7-4 at this point not 11-1. remember that a team is much more than just the quarterback, and elliot and that offensive line have a lot to do with the cowboys winning right now.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:45 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Sweet day for Cowboys fans:
Eagles Lose
Giants Lose
Redskins Lose
Cowboys clinch playoff spot..

Last edited by mco65; 12-04-2016 at 06:19 PM..

Old 12-04-2016, 06:12 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
Quote:
Eagles Loose
Giants Loose
Redskins Loose
And they've got a huge lead in the race for the #1 seed. The Giants are three back - even if they beat Dallas next week and own the tiebreaker, they'd still be two back with three to play. And Seattle is two and a half back, with a few difficult games ahead for them.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:16 PM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And they've got a huge lead in the race for the #1 seed. The Giants are three back - even if they beat Dallas next week and own the tiebreaker, they'd still be two back with three to play. And Seattle is two and a half back, with a few difficult games ahead for them.
Yeah true, not that I wanna see them lose but a lost next week won't hurt their chances to win the East. But I really can't see them losing next week to the Giants.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Eagles Loose
Giants Loose
Redskins Loose
Its LOSE.... not loose

and yes if Cowboys dont make the SB this year I call choke job..nobody even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football