Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times

Advertisements

I was watching Dr. Phil yesterday and there was a woman on there who had known her husband had abused her daughter, she walked in on him performing oral sex on her 9 daughter. She did nothing about it, kept the man in the home.

The way she talked to her daughter, she sounds like she blamed the daughter as if she was the other woman. I wanted to slap her. Then they had the man on there and he made is sound like he blamed the girl, even said she had brought him another little girl to molest. I wouldn't believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I was watching Dr. Phil yesterday and there was a woman on there who had known her husband had abused her daughter, she walked in on him performing oral sex on her 9 daughter. She did nothing about it, kept the man in the home.

The way she talked to her daughter, she sounds like she blamed the daughter as if she was the other woman. I wanted to slap her. Then they had the man on there and he made is sound like he blamed the girl, even said she had brought him another little girl to molest. I wouldn't believe it.

that is exactly how my aunt was when my uncle molested all of us girls...I was 5 - 7 when it started...I was the oldest...

thank God I turned out ok...but some of his daughters are scared for life...I would have felt the same emotions as you Lindsey....how dare she blame a child for her husband's sickness.....she, is just as responsible, if not more for the molestations you know...

thank you for your insight

Creme

Old 02-22-2008, 11:40 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,435,565 times
I caught my step-father trying to molest my little sister. I broke his arm with a baseball bat (I was 11, he was drunk). Thankfully, my mom moved us out. He killed himself.

I am very much in favor of strict child molester laws and harsh punishments.

I knew a girl who's husband molested their three month old baby boy. He was in jail for less than a year. IMO he should have been executed.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
I caught my step-father trying to molest my little sister. I broke his arm with a baseball bat (I was 11, he was drunk). Thankfully, my mom moved us out. He killed himself.

I am very much in favor of strict child molester laws and harsh punishments.

I knew a girl who's husband molested their three month old baby boy. He was in jail for less than a year. IMO he should have been executed.

I agree, and have a hard time wondering what in God's name is wrong with the people of this country, that they don't put these sicko's away for life....

reminds me of that movie, where the cop didn't believe the woman was rapped, or how it could even happen...and in the end, he was rapped by another man.....all of a sudden his entire personality changed along with his attitude on the subject...

....but to touch a child, is the lowest, absolute lowest, disgusting, henous crime...and yet, even the churches do not demand these nuts be put away...that is beyond my understanding. what I mean by that is that all religions rally together to demand we do something in this country to lesson the crime....

thanks so very much for your sensitivity on the subject, and thank you for hitting that man, your sister must be very greatful to you.

hugs
creme

Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,435,565 times
I attended a presentation by Alabama Attorney General Troy King (R) last Saturday - his topic was child molestation - in Alabama the guilty now must serve their full sentence (no parole or time off). Sentences are harsher now too (IIRC repeat offenders 25 years minimum).

IIRC the State is considering a law making repeat child molestation a Capital crime (which is punishable by death or Life without Parole).

cremebrulee - I was shocked when I moved to Boston years ago, the rape statistics were broken out by IIRC: Male 30% / Female 70%.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I attended a presentation by Alabama Attorney General Troy King (R) last Saturday - his topic was child molestation - in Alabama the guilty now must serve their full sentence (no parole or time off). Sentences are harsher now too (IIRC repeat offenders 25 years minimum).

IIRC the State is considering a law making repeat child molestation a Capital crime (which is punishable by death or Life without Parole).

cremebrulee - I was shocked when I moved to Boston years ago, the rape statistics were broken out by IIRC: Male 30% / Female 70%.
Thank goodness for Alabama....yanno, when we were in school, there was a female teacher who used to sleep with the boys...I always thought it was a rumor...but just a few years back, one of those boys admitted to me, that she did....she disgusts me and should have been put away...for life....no one, but no one, has the right to touch a child...and anyone under the age of 18 is a child...somewhere along the line, our laws just became way to leinient...I hope someday, people wake up....

it's disgusting what people get away with today...

thanks again for your input.....

Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Beagle View Post
Wow, I never guessed what this would touch off.

My friends parents never did believe her, and my mother's wonderful words (when I tried to question her) were "she is lying, her father is a doctor!" like somehow because he was a doctor that would make him above molestation.

My friend committed suicide and to the day her parents died the said the girl was lying. Her two other sisters say differently.

Makes me sad.

Did anyone watch Super Nanny last light with the Chapman girls? Terrible, absolutely terrible.
No Sally, what was it about?

Can you share?

Old 02-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:

Texas and Lousiana have made the death penalty a posibility for repeat ofenders of child molestation.

Here in Florida they can ask for civil commitment if a sex offender is deemed to still be a threat once he has served his term in jail.

Dr. Phil quoted a sobering statistic the other day, he said that ONE pedophile molests anywhere from 100-400 children if they aren't caught and stopped.

I personally don't believe for one moment that these people can be rehabilitated, I believe they continue to be a threat to children they come in contact with.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Texas and Lousiana have made the death penalty a posibility for repeat ofenders of child molestation.

Here in Florida they can ask for civil commitment if a sex offender is deemed to still be a threat once he has served his term in jail.

Dr. Phil quoted a sobering statistic the other day, he said that ONE pedophile molests anywhere from 100-400 children if they aren't caught and stopped.

I personally don't believe for one moment that these people can be rehabilitated, I believe they continue to be a threat to children they come in contact with.

Hi again Linsey...
My son is a cop, and no, unfortunately, they cannot be rehabilitated....try as they may, they will soon sink back into that pit of dispair where they prey on children...

Yanno, that is 100-400 children that may be effected by life...and/or turn into molesters themselves. To this very day, if I'm watching a movie where children are threatened, it gets me all keyed up...I mean, how dare some adult take advantage of the innocence and trust of a child....they should be locked up...and the death sentence, to me, should happen on the first offense. And repeated offenders....why would they allow that person back into society where they become repeated offenders in the first place. It should be, once and done....or else, take these sicko's and drop them off on some island somewhere...let them fend for themselves. Sorry, if I sound inhuman but they are inhuman and the crimes they commit against a child are henous and brutal to the mind of a child.

Thanks so much for your input, it makes me feel much better to know that something is being done and people are becoming more educated on the subject.

Hugs
Creme

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM

Creme, google the words civil commitment and sex offender. I don't know how many states are doing this but its a good alternative to setting them loose on the community.

I did a paper on sex offenders and found out alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology