Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 08:57 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,934 times

Advertisements

Oh nice, hadn't realized that. They pivoted a bit from their original plans and are emphasizing live music more...I imagine they'll do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 06:51 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Oh nice, hadn't realized that. They pivoted a bit from their original plans and are emphasizing live music more...I imagine they'll do well.
Too bad I was really interested in their original plans there.

Old 06-25-2021, 03:35 AM

812 posts, read 832,658 times
Phase II construction of the park has begun. It has been a couple weeks since I've been to DT Cary. Wow! Major digging going on. I am surprised at how much of Phase I of the park, only a couple years old, has been dug up. Basically, everything immediately behind the fountain is gone; literally, gone. Seems kind of wasteful -so much of that work, again, only a couple years old, had to be taken out to make way for Phase II.

Also, the parking deck is almost totally wrapped now with what will be mixed-use (apartments/condos up and retail/restaurant down).

Speaking of wrapping around, kind of hard to get my head wrapped around what the end result will be with all of these drastic changes. I guess ToC is going to have some up-coming events to help citizens do just that (see link).

https://www.wral.com/historic-moment...park/19742525/

Old 11-03-2021, 12:20 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,547,565 times
Draft CAMPO plan (map) includes some central-Cary notable projects:
- N Harrison railroad grade separation, $22.6M, 2040
- NE Maynard railroad grade separation, $38M, 2030
- Chapel Hill Road widening to 4-6 lanes, $11.3M + $8.5M, 2030-2040
- Maynard / NC 54 widening to six lanes, $18.8M, 2050
- S Harrison Ave extension to Kildaire Farm, behind Cary Elementary, $2.5M, 2030 (the town should consider buying this land now, then)
- Roads for Fenton
- Rebuilt 1/40/440 interchange
- Railroad grade separations from Maynard east to I-440 (including Corp Center & Edwards Mill extensions over RR)
- Widening of Old Apex, Maynard/Walnut past CTC, E Chatham outside Maynard

Basically, if it isn't on this map, it can't qualify for federal transportation dollars -- which have been scarce recently, but maybe less so in the future.

The town has been wanting to grade-separate Harrison for a long time, but doing so is a big logistical challenge. Didn't know that the Harrison-Kildaire connector was still on the table.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:08 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
I’d heard about the H-K extension getting resurrected recently. If they do that, they really need to figure out something for after school pickup. Currently SHar can back up quite a bit (and dumbasses try to go around it in the oncoming lane thru multiple blind curves). I do kinda think the project makes some sense compared to having all that Kildaire traffic dumping going thru the big turn at the Park/Arts Center. The current situation for pedestrians is really unsafe.

Crazy how much the RR grade sep stuff is relative to stuff like widening 54.

Old 11-03-2021, 02:30 PM

4,264 posts, read 4,719,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Crazy how much the RR grade sep stuff is relative to stuff like widening 54.
Bridges. And you can't close the RR while the project is underway.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:18 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,343,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
Phase II construction of the park has begun. It has been a couple weeks since I've been to DT Cary. Wow! Major digging going on. I am surprised at how much of Phase I of the park, only a couple years old, has been dug up. Basically, everything immediately behind the fountain is gone; literally, gone. Seems kind of wasteful -so much of that work, again, only a couple years old, had to be taken out to make way for Phase II.

Also, the parking deck is almost totally wrapped now with what will be mixed-use (apartments/condos up and retail/restaurant down).

Speaking of wrapping around, kind of hard to get my head wrapped around what the end result will be with all of these drastic changes. I guess ToC is going to have some up-coming events to help citizens do just that (see link).

https://www.wral.com/historic-moment...park/19742525/
I agree 100%. Seems like a total waste to rip out that out.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:44 AM

Saw the filings with the town a few days ago, but now TBJ has an article up with renderings for the big Jordan project at Chatham and Harrison...195 units plus 80,000 square feet of office and a big parking deck that will serve the development, the church, and general public parking needs downtown.

Hoping for approval this summer, starting construction Q1 next year, and three years of construction for full buildout. Phase 1 would be the apartment building and parking deck, with Phase 2 being the office/retail building fronting Chatham.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...town-cary.html

Old 02-23-2022, 11:29 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
Bull City Cider opening seems very close. They’ve got tables inside and out now.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaSOMkgr8Kr

Old 02-23-2022, 12:19 PM

^^^ They soft open this weekend.

https://carycitizen.news/2022/02/22/...-this-weekend/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary