Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Again, I fail to see how I am really attacking women. You know what, for a start, I constantly hear women say how most men are ugly - I've heard this in real life too. Yet I don't get all offended and defensive about it.
I never said you were attacking women. You are putting women down. There is a difference. I've never heard a woman say that most men are ugly - but it seems that you have and it seems that you have gotten all offended and defensive about it. If you didn't get offended about it - you wouldn't have started a thread like this and you wouldn't post over and over how you are so sick of society talking about how beautiful women are.

Quote:
Of course I'm attracted to some women...doesn't mean I have to find most women attractive. Just because I don't doesn't make me hate women.
I don't think anyone is saying that you have to think most women are attractive. But why on earth would you start a thread saying that you think all women are less attractive once you actually look at them?

Quote:
I'm just trying to express my personal frustrations, mis-guided or not. Clearly you do not seem to truly get it, what I'm all about. You generally seem intelligent, but in this case I think you only see me in a very simplistic way...as like all the rest of them who secretly loathe women. It's pretty complex. It probably involves a whole lot of things.
You might want to think that it's complex - but it really isn't. The answer really is simple - step away from the computer and start living a real life.

Quote:
Actually if you'd read I said some women become MORE attractive after I get to know them. I don't really know what I was on about other than what I speak about in a literal sense.

I think my views are just incredibly threatening to most people so they try to put it on me, make it seem like I've got lots of issues.
Your views aren't threatening at all. But I do think you have some issues - and if you stepped away from the computer and met real people, interacted with real people, and dated real people - I think some of these issues would resolve themselves.

The fact that society as a whole places a lot of importance on women's beauty does not mean that men are ugly. Like I said before - get over it. Nobody is saying men are ugly and don't matter.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
It's called sarcasm.

Well if I don't like women, if it makes you feel any better I'm not a fan of men in general.

Not that I'm saying I'm a woman-hater or whatever you wanna call me. Not that anyone here's opinion matters much to me.
Okay, so you're a misanthrope.

Then why in Hades do you give enough of a flying fart at a rolling donut about other people's opinions to bother sharing yours in the first place?

To condemn someone to irrelevance is the gravest insult possible.

I don't think you're there with either men or women--yet. I think you do care. If you didn't, you wouldn't continue writing here, especially in the Relationships forum.

Oh, and saying "your opinion doesn't matter much to me" doesn't count. If people didn't matter, you would just stop interacting with them.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times
Makes me wonder where you live. Any of us can sit and breakdown every person, but what's the point. None of us are perfect including you. Maybe you just don't like women.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:56 PM

289 posts, read 311,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Makes me wonder where you live. Any of us can sit and breakdown every person, but what's the point. None of us are perfect including you. Maybe you just don't like women.

If I were forced to guess I'd say he lives in Perth or somewhere in that general area. But maybe I'm wrong and he lives in the NW instead.... *shrug*

But seriously, it is a bit strange to say that all, or even most, women are like this. As is commonly noted in the relationship forums when people are having dating or relationship issues - "There's a common denominator in all these failures....you.". Perhaps the perception doesn't match the reality....

I've only had one instance I can recall where I really looked back and thought "what was I thinking?" regarding a woman I thought I was originally attracted to. I think that if it had been a normal thing I would've needed some introspection as to why this kept happening.

Maybe Trimac simply lives based on the saying "Familiarity breeds contempt".

Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Do you ever step away from the computer?
I seriously thought I was the only one who noticed that. He is everywhere on every forum but the P and C forum. I think he needs to head over there.

Oh,and to the op. You did say in another thread you started that you were 95% straight.
Are you sure?
Seems with this post you bash woman.
Maybe you are 5% straight?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Do you ever step away from the computer?

Do you? 13000+ posts!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Trimac, going with the premise that you're into inner values rather than external beauty, the onus is on you to seek that out.

you live in a city with a lot of (naturally) gorgeous women.... get talking to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I seriously thought I was the only one who noticed that. He is everywhere on every forum but the P and C forum. I think he needs to head over there.

Oh,and to the op. You did say in another thread you started that you were 95% straight.
Are you sure?
Seems with this post you bash woman.
Maybe you are 5% straight?
If you notice he is on every forum, then what... you are too?

BTW, your post adds nothing to the discussion. Just sayin.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:59 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Trimac, going with the premise that you're into inner values rather than external beauty, the onus is on you to seek that out.

you live in a city with a lot of (naturally) gorgeous women.... get talking to them

If you notice he is on every forum, then what... you are too?

BTW, your post adds nothing to the discussion. Just sayin.
You're right, Perth doesn't do too bad...I don't deny there's a bit of bitterness...but a lot of it is more ignorance and arm-chair speculation too. Since I feel really anxious, and for a long time struggled with self-esteem issues...let's just say it's a whole bunch of things. I don't want to bring ethnicity into it but for a long time I thought I wasn't very desired here, in Australia. I used to want to move to another place, Europe or Asia, but of course that was when I was much younger and I'm much more mature now.

But this thread...I don't know what motivated me to even start it...I guess it was just something I felt, so I started a topic about it...maybe there was something I wanted to say, but it doesn't matter, just one bloke's opinion.

Seems like a ruffled a few feathers, that's okay...I'm sure they see the agenda in my post. I don't think there is, but people make me second-guess myself. But I certainly don't think I'm a misogynist: in fact on many occasions I've defended women, but if some women want to further alienate me then whatever.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
I'm sorry if I offended some people - but I guess that's just how I think. If that makes me hateful in your eyes I accept it. I never said all women were ugly, just that beauty is kind of overrated sometimes...everyone is beautiful in their own way, maybe my opinion doesn't even count for crap in the long term...it's not like I'm dating every woman in the world. I just want to find a special someone, who is both attractive inside and out...I couldn't care less how the rest of the world looked or thought of me.

I hope I won't be seen as some kind of bitter monster by some here...I'd like to think I'm a decent fella, really. I have no bad blood towards anyone but sometimes I get kinda stuck in a rut and feel marginalized by society. I've been going through a ton of issues, all kinds: frequently I fear I am going to die. I'm seeing a psych, taking meds, kind of batty, bored and frustrated. I spend a lot of time on here because I find it hard to do anything else. I push myself sometimes, but I have few friends to hang with/talk to in real life anymore, and when I go out I find the world often a cold, unwelcoming place. I need to think positively before I turn into a bitter old man. Sorry if I sound like I'm look for sympathy...okay maybe I am a bit. I just feel so hopeless somethings...gotta snap out of it!

I am going to try to come on here less. I don't want to make any enemies, or at least make things harder for people whom others might group with me. While people here may disagree and think things about one another we are all human beings who want to be understood and loved.

Peace out.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:02 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
You're right, Perth doesn't do too bad...I don't deny there's a bit of bitterness...but a lot of it is more ignorance and arm-chair speculation too. Since I feel really anxious, and for a long time struggled with self-esteem issues...let's just say it's a whole bunch of things. I don't want to bring ethnicity into it but for a long time I thought I wasn't very desired here, in Australia. I used to want to move to another place, Europe or Asia, but of course that was when I was much younger and I'm much more mature now.

But this thread...I don't know what motivated me to even start it...I guess it was just something I felt, so I started a topic about it...maybe there was something I wanted to say, but it doesn't matter, just one bloke's opinion.

Seems like a ruffled a few feathers, that's okay...I'm sure they see the agenda in my post. I don't think there is, but people make me second-guess myself. But I certainly don't think I'm a misogynist: in fact on many occasions I've defended women, but if some women want to further alienate me then whatever.
well, if there is some simmering bitterness ~ that should be sorted out .. I understand you feeling that, being where you are.. .... things change as you get older, and some things start to matter less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships