Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
All things are not equal. Men and women are never going to be completely equal in all things - we are just different. Not being equal is not a bad thing. Men will never be able to have babies. Women will never have a penis.
Never say never!

With the miracle of modern science and technology one day, it may become a possibility!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I absolutely know what you mean there. For example, sometimes actresses playing certain characters can be very attractive to me, while out of the context of that character they don't have that draw for me, even though they're still objectively attractive.
Yes! And sometimes vice versa...

Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think you really know what your main point is. What I get as your main point is that you are sick of people talking about how beautiful women are because you are not a woman.
My point is probably that women aren't overall as beautiful as they are often made out to be as a whole. That most women, like men, are pretty average. And they shouldn't feel bad because of it. That you shouldn't have to be called beautiful to feel good about yourself. Why not feel good about being called a nice person? Well I feel that way, others may disagree of course.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:12 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times
if you do not see beauty in an everyday female you are a fool

Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well again I don't think I'm overtly bitter towards women - but as I just admitted, sometimes the bitter thoughts surface. I really do believe in gender equality and all that, but I think there are some things that are just wrong/weird about society and that causes me to take it out on people in my mind.
That's not normal. There are all kinds of inequities in society, but to be so focused on them, creating issues out of nothing, and taking it out on people "in your mind", is a problem that you need to deal with. It's less society that is the problem but rather your mind's focus and obsession with things, that is the problem.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times
Quote:
Yes! And sometimes vice versa...
Yup.

Sometimes. There was a girl on these forums, for instance, who posted pictures of herself and was very attractive, but a very nasty person inside.

Sometimes it's more of a raw sexual attractiveness. Which reminds of a lesbian I know...ugly as sin. Actually, once I got to know her I softened on that, but she still has a very unattractive face. Yet she has the NICEST ass, which would make it all worth it. I had the pleasure of going jetskiing with her.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
If you remember back far enough I started a thread 'are women unfunny' actually disputing that very idea that men were innately more funny.

Well it matters because it's a way in which some women and men totally devalue men.How would you feel if men started saying that they found men sexier, they could live without women? Wouldn't make you feel very good, would it?
Saying that the female form is more pleasing isn't the same thing as saying it's sexier - and has nothing to do with living with out men. These aren't even in the same ball park. I wouldn't get involved with a man that felt he could live with out women - why would I? And whoever I'm with should think that I'M the sexiest most beautiful PERSON in the world. I don't care what men think - I only care what the man I'm with thinks. Some men on this forum think that a woman's worth is only related to her looks, that women are past their prime at 25, that women are cowards, that women should pay for dates, that women should be working moms, that women should be stay at home moms, that women should be yada yada yada. I could care less. My confidence in myself doesn't come from other people or from society. Yours shouldn't either.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Yup.

Sometimes. There was a girl on these forums, for instance, who posted pictures of herself and was very attractive, but a very nasty person inside.

Sometimes it's more of a raw sexual attractiveness. Which reminds of a lesbian I know...ugly as sin. Actually, once I got to know her I softened on that, but she still has a very unattractive face. Yet she has the NICEST ass, which would make it all worth it. I had the pleasure of going jetskiing with her.
Lesbians just seem to have a more forceful sexuality that most straight women do not have. You know they can be dominant. I suppose it's a pity they're lesbians! Some bi women fit this mould too.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Saying that the female form is more pleasing isn't the same thing as saying it's sexier - and has nothing to do with living with out men. These aren't even in the same ball park. I wouldn't get involved with a man that felt he could live with out women - why would I? And whoever I'm with should think that I'M the sexiest most beautiful PERSON in the world. I don't care what men think - I only care what the man I'm with thinks. Some men on this forum think that a woman's worth is only related to her looks, that women are past their prime at 25, that women are cowards, that women should pay for dates, that women should be working moms, that women should be stay at home moms, that women should be yada yada yada. I could care less. My confidence in myself doesn't come from other people or from society. Yours shouldn't either.
Yes, you're right...for awhile I was disturbed because it seemed a lot of women were really lesbian/asexual (not that I truly believe that, but that's how wrapped up in it I was) so I thought, to hell with dating and stuff.

But when I meet someone cool I hope I'll stop thinking about that. Reading stuff on the internet instead of getting out in the real world doesn't help.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Oh, enough already with this crap, Trimac. You've been posting threads like this for months now. It's obvious that you, like some of the others here, are a miserable failure with women and are using your spare time to lash out. You expect reactions like Chiel's because you know that your comments are offensive going into it. That is your intent: To offend. Despite your attempts to be passive-aggressive with it, and then come off all "who, me?" when people call you on it, the rest of us see through it.

It's trite. It's old. It's petty. It's lame. Find something constructive to do with your time, for the sake of your own mental health.
[note to self; come back and rep]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships