Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times

Advertisements

Although I have been guilty, it's actually kind of superficial to evaluate someone soley by their face. I agree that it is stimulating to behold a face that is pretty. But not being pretty while short of hideous is not a fault. And even without alcohol, it is quite possible to appreciate someones features, attributes as they were created. I think they call that love.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Maybe you are actively seeking out the flaws in someone to avoid having to deal with getting to know them/intimacy/love/rejection or any other interaction? If you wait around for someone flawless, you'll be waiting a long time.
I've been attracted to women who were not conventionally beautiful...

I guess what I'm also referring to are the countless Pamela Anderson/Megan Fox types you see.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,737 times
How pretty are you, Trimac20? None of us look so good if we're put under a microscope, but most of us don't care that much anyway. As far as I'm concerned, beauty is only skin deep. When I look at a pretty woman I think to my self "she has been a real pain in the a$$ for some guy, somewhere". Her personality is what makes her attractive in my eyes.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
As if we don't already have enough to worry about concerning our looks!

Men overestimate their own attractiveness anyways.

edit: yea because telling women they have 'unattractive, masculine faces' (which no woman wants to hear, btw) is not offensive. At least own it.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Oh, enough already with this crap, Trimac. You've been posting threads like this for months now. It's obvious that you, like some of the others here, are a miserable failure with women and are using your spare time to lash out. You expect reactions like Chiel's because you know that your comments are offensive going into it. That is your intent: To offend. Despite your attempts to be passive-aggressive with it, and then come off all "who, me?" when people call you on it, the rest of us see through it.

It's trite. It's old. It's petty. It's lame. Find something constructive to do with your time, for the sake of your own mental health.
You might think you've got me all figured out, Yzette...maybe somewhere deep down it is resentment/jealousy.whatever, but know, don't make assumptions or think you can read my mind. My intention was not to offend, but people will get offended regardless.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Touche...but I think the girls of Jersey Shore, they do NOTHING for me. Not just their personalities, their looks. Give me a plain Jane with a nice personality ANYWAY over those dolled up wannabes.
Where were you on all those men-only-go-for-beautiful threads?
OK, so what I get from this post is that your thread isn't about plain women, it's about the disguise, right? It bugs you that average-looking women put on a mask? Just trying to clarify your OP.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
As if we don't already have enough to worry about concerning our looks!

Men overestimate their own attractiveness anyways.
Some do, definitely...but many of us have the same self-esteem problems. As a whole, though, a lot of men are actually pretty oblivious about their attractiveness.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
I think it's because I see a lot of women being complimented as being so beautiful and stuff...I wonder if people are being kind, or if I have higher/different standards. I actually do find a decent percentage of women attractive, I just don't go for that certain type of look, the 'look at me' look. Maybe I'm sort of annoyed at comments I've been reading about how women are the more objectively pretty/sexy sex and that set something off in me. I just feel a lot of it IS due to perceptions and make up and whatnot. I see many average women being seen as hot stuff... I'm sure if men said those sort of things many women would be aghast.
Seriously - get over it. If you are upset because other people are getting complimented - that should be a red flag to you. This is on YOU - not other people. Jealousy is an ugly thing. Who cares if women that you don't think are that hot are seen as hot by other people? And the "look at me" look? What? And for the record - most of the talk on here about women being more attractive than men is because more men place greater importance on a woman's appearance than the other way around. In fact - many men on here could care less about pretty much all other aspects of a woman as long as she is hot. And some of the men on here say that a woman is only as valuable as her attractiveness. Honestly - would you want this for yourself? Would you want people to tell you that you reach your prime at 25 - and that your only worth as a human being is based on your looks - which are all down hill after 25?

Like I said - get over it.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Some do, definitely...but many of us have the same self-esteem problems. As a whole, though, a lot of men are actually pretty oblivious about their attractiveness.

really?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where were you on all those men-only-go-for-beautiful threads?
OK, so what I get from this post is that your thread isn't about plain women, it's about the disguise, right? It bugs you that average-looking women put on a mask? Just trying to clarify your OP.
Not so much that it bugs me they put on a disguise...

This idea that some people have that...when they put on makeup, they look pretty, and then in their minds they start imagining they are naturally just better looking than men. That makeup just 'enhances your features.' Maybe some women, but others...yeah right. That's probably what I'm annoyed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships