Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
My point is probably that women aren't overall as beautiful as they are often made out to be as a whole. That most women, like men, are pretty average. And they shouldn't feel bad because of it. That you shouldn't have to be called beautiful to feel good about yourself. Why not feel good about being called a nice person? Well I feel that way, others may disagree of course.
Putting women down isn't going to make you feel better about yourself.

Quote:
Yes, you're right...for awhile I was disturbed because it seemed a lot of women were really lesbian/asexual (not that I truly believe that, but that's how wrapped up in it I was) so I thought, to hell with dating and stuff.

But when I meet someone cool I hope I'll stop thinking about that. Reading stuff on the internet instead of getting out in the real world doesn't help.
Please take your own advice. Stop starting threads. Stop indulging your bitterness. Get out in the real world. Meet people. Do things. Live your life with real individuals instead of cliches and generalities.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Putting women down isn't going to make you feel better about yourself.

Please take your own advice. Stop starting threads. Stop indulging your bitterness. Get out in the real world. Meet people. Do things. Live your life with real individuals instead of cliches and generalities.
Like a lot of women you can't separate physical attractiveness from your sense of self-worth so you feel threatened by my words.

Is it any wonder that a lot ugly women tend to be miserable and bitter? Not saying you are, but it's because they feel because they aren't great lookers they are nothing.

I'm speaking of inner beauty. It's not really valued in our society nearly as much as physical beauty. Physical beauty, if it means anything, is the exception: telling every Jack or Jill they're a beautiful princess may make them feel good, but I'm in my rights to have my own opinion about it. If you see that as 'putting down', then so be it.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Like a lot of women you can't separate physical attractiveness from your sense of self-worth so you feel threatened by my words.

Is it any wonder that a lot ugly women tend to be miserable and bitter? Not saying you are, but it's because they feel because they aren't great lookers they are nothing.

I'm speaking of inner beauty. It's not really valued in our society nearly as much as physical beauty. Physical beauty, if it means anything, is the exception: telling every Jack or Jill they're a beautiful princess may make them feel good, but I'm in my rights to have my own opinion about it. If you see that as 'putting down', then so be it.
This isn't personal for me. I'm an attractive woman even though I've suffered from self esteem issues my whole life. And I've always had a boyfriend and I've always had guys chasing after me. And to tell you the truth - that is really neither here nor there. I could care less if you don't find women attractive - how would that affect my life? It wouldn't.

Yes, you are putting women down. You can back track now and try to say that you are trying to focus on inner beauty - and if you want to ignore all your posts about women looking plain and masculine, and how women aren't all that, and how men are just as attractive as women and you are sick of hearing how beautiful women are, etc. - that's fine - but the posts are there for all to see. You have admitted that it upsets you that society thinks women are so beautiful and that women get compliments about their looks. It seems like you are only mentioning inner beauty now to try and save face. If this truly was about inner beauty - then you would not have said that ALL women are less attractive the more you get to know them. With inner beauty - a person becomes MORE attractive. And I'd say that most people come to realize that inner beauty is more important in the end. But let's face it - your thread had nothing to do with inner beauty at all.

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 05-09-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
This isn't personal for me. I'm an attractive woman even though I've suffered from self esteem issues my whole life. And I've always had a boyfriend and I've always had guys chasing after me. And to tell you the truth - that is really neither here nor there. I could care less if you don't find women attractive - how would that affect my life? It wouldn't.

Yes, you are putting women down. You can back track now and try to say that you are trying to focus on inner beauty - and if you want to ignore all your posts about women looking plain and masculine, and how women aren't all that, and how men are just as attractive as women and you are sick of hearing how beautiful women are, etc. - that's fine - but the posts are there for all to see. You have admitted that it upsets you that society thinks women are so beautiful and that women get compliments about their looks. It seems like you are only mentioning inner beauty now to try and save face. If this truly was about inner beauty - then you would have said that ALL women are less attractive the more you get to know them. With inner beauty - a person becomes MORE attractive. And I'd say that most people come to realize that inner beauty is more important in the end. But let's face it - your thread had nothing to do with inner beauty at all.
First I hope you didn't think I said you were ugly. I meant I wasn't saying you were ugly OR bitter...

Again, I fail to see how I am really attacking women. You know what, for a start, I constantly hear women say how most men are ugly - I've heard this in real life too. Yet I don't get all offended and defensive about it.

Of course I'm attracted to some women...doesn't mean I have to find most women attractive. Just because I don't doesn't make me hate women.

I'm just trying to express my personal frustrations, mis-guided or not. Clearly you do not seem to truly get it, what I'm all about. You generally seem intelligent, but in this case I think you only see me in a very simplistic way...as like all the rest of them who secretly loathe women. It's pretty complex. It probably involves a whole lot of things.

Actually if you'd read I said some women become MORE attractive after I get to know them. I don't really know what I was on about other than what I speak about in a literal sense.

I think my views are just incredibly threatening to most people so they try to put it on me, make it seem like I've got lots of issues.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
I'm just trying to express my personal frustrations, mis-guided or not.

I think my views are just incredibly threatening to most people so they try to put it on me, make it seem like I've got lots of issues.
Your views are misguided and are not a threat to others. You DO have issues, you've even admitted them in the past week or so. People are engaging with you when maybe we should just leave all of your posts alone and stop feeding into those issues.

Your feelings are not representative of anyone but you, no one is buying what you're trying to sell. The best advice I've seen here is to step away from the computer and get out into the world and live a real life, not a cyber one.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Okay - you really need to get a grip. I don't understand how you can be attracted to women and be so jealous of them at the same time.

I think the female body is more pleasing to look at than the male body. To me, the female body is softer and more graceful than the male body. I think that seeing a strong man makes me feel safer and more protected than a strong women. If someone expressed an opinion that was contrary to mine on these two subjects - I would be perfectly okay with that. Obviously - you think that the male form is more pleasing - and that's totally fine with me. I'm not going to start threads bashing men and saying how they are overrated and ugly and that I'm sick of hearing people talk about how hot men are. And I'm certainly not going to say that men aren't objectively anything - because I LOVE men. I'm a straight woman who loves men. I love they way they look, they act, they laugh, they think, etc. I love my husband. He IS all that. He is everything. And I can think this about him with out jealousy or bitterness. I can think this with out thinking - but what about me? Aren't I all that, too?

Once again - get over it. You will never have a successful relationship with a woman if you indulge in these ridiculous thoughts.
I would love for there to be so much discussion about hot men that people complained about it. I'd be all, "pictures, please, so I can form an educated opinion."

Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Trimac, you don't live in the US, do you?
Your societal construct is different from most of your audience.
It saddens me to see that some people choose to live their lives in bitterness and fear and lash out at the opposite sex for their own insecurities and failures and fears.

No need to respond to me, I just read you when others quote you.
And, um, no, I'm not your friend; what have I ever posted to make you think that to begin with?
I know a few people from this board, and I am a friend of several of them.
You're just another younger man with limited social skills who doesn't like women much.
There are thousands of sad younger men like you that will grow up to be sad older men.
It's all about choices.
Some people would be wise to make different ones.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
I see the OP hasn't listened to any of our advice on helping his crippling anxiety by getting outside more and getting off the computer

Maybe if he did he would stop being so passive aggressive and negative about women.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
You do have lots of issues, you have even said so yourself.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Trimac, you don't live in the US, do you?
Your societal construct is different from most of your audience.
It saddens me to see that some people choose to live their lives in bitterness and fear and lash out at the opposite sex for their own insecurities and failures and fears.

No need to respond to me, I just read you when others quote you.
And, um, no, I'm not your friend; what have I ever posted to make you think that to begin with?
I know a few people from this board, and I am a friend of several of them.
You're just another younger man with limited social skills who doesn't like women much.
There are thousands of sad younger men like you that will grow up to be sad older men.
It's all about choices.
Some people would be wise to make different ones.
It's called sarcasm.

Well if I don't like women, if it makes you feel any better I'm not a fan of men in general.

Not that I'm saying I'm a woman-hater or whatever you wanna call me. Not that anyone here's opinion matters much to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.