Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 02:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
well, if there is some simmering bitterness ~ that should be sorted out .. I understand you feeling that, being where you are.. .... things change as you get older, and some things start to matter less.
Thanks for understanding, art!

Yeah I don't really even think much about the things I post. I'm just bored and want to think up topics, pick on little things that aren't important.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:48 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Trimac, going with the premise that you're into inner values rather than external beauty, the onus is on you to seek that out.

you live in a city with a lot of (naturally) gorgeous women.... get talking to them

If you notice he is on every forum, then what... you are too?

BTW, your post adds nothing to the discussion. Just sayin.
Your didn't add anything either. I can say what I want btw. Who are you,City Data police?
Maybe he doesn't find women attractive at all because he is gay,which is what I was suggesting with the two last sentences.
In any event,I do browse,but I rarely start threads. I mean,just looking at the Relationship forum,he has a lot of threads.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Are many here like me? If I'm walking down the street, for instance, quite a few girls/women catch my eye - I mean they look fairly attractive, or they're wearing something nice, but when I look closer, I can look past their makeup, and often they look fairly plain. I feel a lot of women these days have a kind of artificial beauty: like they look good at first, or from a distance, but on closer inspection, not so great.
Not that I base everything on looks, but I constantly see women with pretty average FACES but great bodies and great fashion sense being called beautiful and stuff. Good for them, not trying to ruin their party (although it can go to their heads), but I think there's a certain type or types of faces/features that I find attractive in a lady I don't see all that often.
Do you think this is generally true? Like dating sites too...a lot of attractive profile pics, but when you see their gallery: things almost always go downhill. Go back to the 1880s and many women looked masculine, almost like men. I think this is because women are expected to be the 'prettier' or more beautiful sex, and society has fed this idea, so that you hold them on a pedestal and expect so much from them you are really disappointed. On average, both men and women are about equal in terms of looks, in slightly different ways, but there's more overlap than you think.
Strip away all the adornments and cosmetics, and a lot of women actually have fairly plain or masculine or unattractive faces. Just my take anyway...
Why so judgemental about how women look? What is it gonna matter how your woman looks once you fall in love? Good grief if all men based their passion and loyalty on how we looked all women would be destined to go to bed in an evening gown and clean the house in a business suit..all with makeup in place. So, ok...how about you guys? How attractive do you think that we feel you are when you come to the dinner table in your boxers? How about when you wear those same sweats for perhaps a week or more? OH..you don't think you look bad when you don't shave over the weekend? How about when you have been out with the boys and you are kissing the porcelain throne cuz you are sick? So Sexy!! Right?
OH...lets not forget the old PLUMBER's CRACK...NOW that is for sure a big turn on.

Works both ways.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if I offended some people - but I guess that's just how I think. If that makes me hateful in your eyes I accept it. I never said all women were ugly, just that beauty is kind of overrated sometimes...everyone is beautiful in their own way, maybe my opinion doesn't even count for crap in the long term...it's not like I'm dating every woman in the world. I just want to find a special someone, who is both attractive inside and out...I couldn't care less how the rest of the world looked or thought of me.
I hope I won't be seen as some kind of bitter monster by some here...I'd like to think I'm a decent fella, really. I have no bad blood towards anyone but sometimes I get kinda stuck in a rut and feel marginalized by society. I've been going through a ton of issues, all kinds: frequently I fear I am going to die. I'm seeing a psych, taking meds, kind of batty, bored and frustrated. I spend a lot of time on here because I find it hard to do anything else. I push myself sometimes, but I have few friends to hang with/talk to in real life anymore, and when I go out I find the world often a cold, unwelcoming place. I need to think positively before I turn into a bitter old man. Sorry if I sound like I'm look for sympathy...okay maybe I am a bit. I just feel so hopeless somethings...gotta snap out of it!
I am going to try to come on here less. I don't want to make any enemies, or at least make things harder for people whom others might group with me. While people here may disagree and think things about one another we are all human beings who want to be understood and loved.
Peace out.
Part of being healthy emotionally is being able to put your foot in your mouth, take responsibility for it and back out without making excuses for what you said. You said what you said, big deal...this is what this forum is all about and no you didn't make any enemies I can see. Look, we all say and do things without thinking: Example: I made the most major goof up the other day EVER. I was out for lunch with a friend and there was this pregnant lady holding the door open and trying to talk on the cell phone at the same time. I felt bad for her so I say "You are pregnant, let me get the door for you"...as I pat her tummy. She WAS NOT pregnant. I apologized all over the place but could feel the daggers in my back as I walked to my car. I said what I said and I apologized...oh well. Sometimes my mouth does "motor on down the road" way above the speed limit and I know it happens. The whole trick is to stop it before you "get a ticket for speeding".

So, don't leave the forum..its a fun place, a place to open up and speak your mind and I have surely seen a lot worse stuff on here than what you put. Watch how I can rant on sometimes..interesting stuff to some and lots of B.S. to others..Rock On my friend.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Part of being healthy emotionally is being able to put your foot in your mouth, take responsibility for it and back out without making excuses for what you said. You said what you said, big deal...this is what this forum is all about and no you didn't make any enemies I can see. Look, we all say and do things without thinking: Example: I made the most major goof up the other day EVER. I was out for lunch with a friend and there was this pregnant lady holding the door open and trying to talk on the cell phone at the same time. I felt bad for her so I say "You are pregnant, let me get the door for you"...as I pat her tummy. She WAS NOT pregnant. I apologized all over the place but could feel the daggers in my back as I walked to my car. I said what I said and I apologized...oh well. Sometimes my mouth does "motor on down the road" way above the speed limit and I know it happens. The whole trick is to stop it before you "get a ticket for speeding".

So, don't leave the forum..its a fun place, a place to open up and speak your mind and I have surely seen a lot worse stuff on here than what you put. Watch how I can rant on sometimes..interesting stuff to some and lots of B.S. to others..Rock On my friend.
You're right...I mean there's no law against what I posted, but it didn't really put me in the best of lights. I don't know if I regret it, one part of me doesn't, a part of me does, whatever, I don't think those who responded to me are losing sleep over it, I'm not really, either, I guess I just post things on message boards and it sounds like a bigger deal than it is.

Yeah I don't even care that much about looks so I don't know why I posted the OP. I don't exactly what I was trying to convey, got ahead of myself. Anyway probably time to just forget about all of this and move on...

Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM

154 posts, read 155,881 times
Maybe it's all the makeup and accessories? I don't care for too much of that stuff. I wanna see what you look like when you first wake up. Your natural state. Don't want to be mortified when I finally see the real you.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Why so judgemental about how women look? What is it gonna matter how your woman looks once you fall in love? Good grief

Men and women are usually valued for different things. Women for their looks, men for their money, status, job, etc. It can feel a bit harsh for both men and women.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
People often say the opposite about me, that I am far more beautiful up close. I dunno.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM

Yes sometimes the opposite does seem to occur.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:15 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Are many here like me? If I'm walking down the street, for instance, quite a few girls/women catch my eye - I mean they look fairly attractive, or they're wearing something nice, but when I look closer, I can look past their makeup, and often they look fairly plain. I feel a lot of women these days have a kind of artificial beauty: like they look good at first, or from a distance, but on closer inspection, not so great.

Not that I base everything on looks, but I constantly see women with pretty average FACES but great bodies and great fashion sense being called beautiful and stuff. Good for them, not trying to ruin their party (although it can go to their heads), but I think there's a certain type or types of faces/features that I find attractive in a lady I don't see all that often.

Do you think this is generally true? Like dating sites too...a lot of attractive profile pics, but when you see their gallery: things almost always go downhill. Go back to the 1880s and many women looked masculine, almost like men. I think this is because women are expected to be the 'prettier' or more beautiful sex, and society has fed this idea, so that you hold them on a pedestal and expect so much from them you are really disappointed. On average, both men and women are about equal in terms of looks, in slightly different ways, but there's more overlap than you think.

Strip away all the adornments and cosmetics, and a lot of women actually have fairly plain or masculine or unattractive faces. Just my take anyway...
Well of course. All that is to accentuate a woman’s looks. Wipe off the foundations that cover blemishes, the mascara that enhances the lashes, lipstick an rouge, don’t “fix” the hair and you definitely wont look like the models and celebs. Those are the women that define what beauty is in our society.
I think some of the most beautiful women in my area are the Mennonites. I guess they are “plain” but there seems to be a beauty in their natural look and healthier lifestyle. But those clothes aren’t flattering at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships