Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:54 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I have no idea. But you know, there are millions of beautiful, intelligent and wonderful american women, right here in the US, so Im not sure why offshoring women into the US would ever be a good idea. Maybe men simply need to step up and figure out what they're doing wrong, as they arent able to get the best out of them. Im not judging anyone for wanting to marry a foreign woman, because its their choice, but in 99% of the cases these women simply want a visa and not a partner. Why not just get a hooker, and save the heartache?
This is like saying that domestic companies should just step up and pay more for their domestic talent. If a qualified girl exists in a foreign country who doesn't live by a culture that many American men find distasteful, why not take advantage of that? Economies of scale provides opportunity to those who will take advantage of it. We all do what is in our own self-interest. When the economy was good in the 90's, American women could get away with demanding more from a mate and selecting higher income men. This has changed drastically since 2008. It's just the way the world works IMO.

BTW, I'm not saying that a service like this can't be for American women also. Exotic young Italian men as opposed to pasty fat American men for upper income women in their 40's? I'm all for using untapped resources and I wouldn't dream of discriminating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 08:07 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
This is like saying that domestic companies should just step up and pay more for their domestic talent. If a qualified girl exists in a foreign country who doesn't live by a culture that many American men find distasteful, why not take advantage of that? Economies of scale provides opportunity to those who will take advantage of it. We all do what is in our own self-interest. When the economy was good in the 90's, American women could get away with demanding more from a mate and selecting higher income men. This has changed drastically since 2008. It's just the way the world works IMO.

BTW, I'm not saying that a service like this can't be for American women also. Exotic young Italian men as opposed to pasty fat American men for upper income women in their 40's? I'm all for using untapped resources and I wouldn't dream of discriminating.
Logic would dictate that if you don't like the culture you live in, you'd move elsewhere, not find a "foreign" partner to come live along with you in that distasteful culture...

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,863 times
Quote:

I have nothing against the service, simply believe there is no need for it. There are 200 million american women in the US, so if a guy cant find a qualified girl, without having to leave the country, then perhaps the problem isnt a supply. Finding a partner, is only a little bit about a business, and substantialy more in america than in other cultures. Comparing the two, wont really give you the answers youre looking for. Once again, nothing against the guys that choose to go this route, but perhaps it would service them better if they fixed their own problem first. That would likely mean a happier life, no matter who their partner is.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Logic would dictate that if you don't like the culture you live in, you'd move elsewhere, not find a "foreign" partner to come live along with you in that distasteful culture...
But it would also make sense to take advantage of the opportunities afforded to us in this country (plus having family here) and bring in a bride. Have your cake and eat it too.

But many men I know have done exactly what you suggest also.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I have nothing against the service, simply believe there is no need for it. There are 200 million american women in the US, so if a guy cant find a qualified girl, without having to leave the country, then perhaps the problem isnt a supply. Finding a partner, is only a little bit about a business, and substantialy more in america than in other cultures. Comparing the two, wont really give you the answers youre looking for. Once again, nothing against the guys that choose to go this route, but perhaps it would service them better if they fixed their own problem first. That would likely mean a happier life, no matter who their partner is.
I agree that many men in such a service would probably be single due to being boorish, fat, unattractive, or some combination of this. I also find that some men in their 30's are only comfortable in pure gender roles and many American women have been conditioned by their peers that this behavior is consistent with misogyny and chauvinism. This male demographic is substantial IMO.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
But it would also make sense to take advantage of the opportunities afforded to us in this country (plus having family here) and bring in a bride. Have your cake and eat it too.

But many men I know have done exactly what you suggest also.
But aren't you one of those anti-immigration types?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:42 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,385,483 times
Why isn't it taking off? Because overwhelmingly, the men who turn to mail-order brides are a minority who have some sort of mental health issue that prevents them from marrying an independent woman who can support herself. I've never met a sane one. My friend's father was a certified sociopath. Another guy was very wealthy, but a total narcissist looking for an ego boost. And the one marriage that actually seems to work that I know of, the man has some sort of social phobia that prevented him from meeting women in a normal setting.

For all the complaining that goes on, most American men are perfectly content to date American women and can find their own wives/girlfriends locally just fine.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,863 times
Quote:
I agree that many men in such a service would probably be single due to being boorish, fat, unattractive, or some combination of this. I also find that some men in their 30's are only comfortable in pure gender roles and many American women have been conditioned by their peers that this behavior is consistent with misogyny and chauvinism. This male demographic is substantial IMO.
Right. I wouldnt say many american women have been conditioned to think this way, but some have. Same goes for men only comfortable fulfilluing a traditional male role. Out of the millions out there, that still leaves a pretty large number of available women who dont think that way, and have quite a bit to offer. Not to mention, there are so many immigrants and people with different ethnic backgrounds living here already, so finding a woman who comes from a different culture is simply a matter of trying. I guess what Im saying is, will a man who is boorish, fat or unattractive, be so much happier with a foreign woman who is only with him because she wants to live in the US, and WILL leave him when she gets her papers? In my opinion no, but if thats the case, then there is nothing wrong with going for it.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
But aren't you one of those anti-immigration types?
No, I am not.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
hahahahh, there's tons of ugly guys out there and there's tons of poor people who want a green card. I'm sure it happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships