Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Why isn't it taking off? Because overwhelmingly, the men who turn to mail-order brides are a minority who have some sort of mental health issue that prevents them from marrying an independent woman who can support herself. I've never met a sane one. My friend's father was a certified sociopath. Another guy was very wealthy, but a total narcissist looking for an ego boost. And the one marriage that actually seems to work that I know of, the man has some sort of social phobia that prevented him from meeting women in a normal setting.

For all the complaining that goes on, most American men are perfectly content to date American women and can find their own wives/girlfriends locally just fine.
These are not the customer demographics that interest me. The reason why meeting and marrying American women for the demographic I am speaking about is likely due to the headache associated with immigration and the potential for scams. For me, I was merely lucky to meet a woman who fits into strict gender roles. Other men in my position aren't as lucky.

I'm sure there's also a small level of fear of American females sending death threats or trying to use the government to put a stop to such a business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Why isn't it taking off? Because overwhelmingly, the men who turn to mail-order brides are a minority who have some sort of mental health issue that prevents them from marrying an independent woman who can support herself. I've never met a sane one. My friend's father was a certified sociopath. Another guy was very wealthy, but a total narcissist looking for an ego boost. And the one marriage that actually seems to work that I know of, the man has some sort of social phobia that prevented him from meeting women in a normal setting.

For all the complaining that goes on, most American men are perfectly content to date American women and can find their own wives/girlfriends locally just fine.

You've got to think about the kind of guys that come on these forums lol. In real life, do you really meet big enough weirdos that "hate all american women" ? Naaah, only on the messageboards do these weirdos come out, because they don't have a life in the real world.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
How are you going to screen out real prospective mates from the ones who just want the green card?

I don't think the men who are having 'trouble' with american women are going to find it that much better with any other women. I doubt it's the women who are the problem.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahahahh, there's tons of ugly guys out there and there's tons of poor people who want a green card. I'm sure it happens
Exactly. The supply is out there. Romania, Thailand, Brazil...first class foreign women for American men. The challenge is to marry (pun intended) the supply with the demand.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How are you going to screen out real prospective mates from the ones who just want the green card?
Yes, this is a big challenge also. A strict emphasis on per-nuptuals should also be taken to task. The interview process is key and having a good foreign network of matchmakers is essential. When my friend and I considered this business idea, we had a substantial social network in Romania and Egypt.

Quote:
I don't think the men who are having 'trouble' with american women are going to find it that much better with any other women. I doubt it's the women who are the problem.
In some cases, I would agree. There is a significant block of professional 30-something males who want a traditional minded woman though, but are forced to settle for someone domestic. Many who fit in the preferred category are already married off with kids and perhaps the 30 something was too focused on career goals to pursue a wife.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
1. Because virtually all American men would rather get to know their future wives and love them for their intelligence, grace, and humor, rather than select them as if they were picking out some polo shirts from the L.L. Bean catalog.

2. Because, no matter, what, she's in it for the Green Card, right?

3. If you have even marginal social skills and take decent care of yourself, there's an American woman out there waiting for you.

4. If you're getting a mail-order bride, you are indeed desperate, regardless of whatever fancy rationale you cook up. No man really wants to admit that about himself.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

thats what im saying. Unless anyone with a half of brain believes that young and beautiful women from other countries are really into boorish, fat and unattractive men with no personality.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
You guys realize that the traditional female role in the house is dissapearing because of the economy.. right? How many families can afford to not have both people work anymore? Everything is much more expensive than it used to be, everyone "NEEDS" way more than they used to need. The traditional american housewife role is gone because there's just no way a family can afford this.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
1. Because virtually all American men would rather get to know their future wives and love them for their intelligence, grace, and humor, rather than select them as if they were picking out some polo shirts from the L.L. Bean catalog.
I think this is an exaggeration. The communication process can be just as personal.

Quote:
2. Because, no matter, what, she's in it for the Green Card, right?
Again, the interview process on the other side of the pond is key.

Quote:
3. If you have even marginal social skills and take decent care of yourself, there's an American woman out there waiting for you.
But not necessarily the right American woman. Also, the men I'm thinking about might be more introverted or too "nice" for American women.

Quote:
4. If you're getting a mail-order bride, you are indeed desperate, regardless of whatever fancy rationale you cook up. No man really wants to admit that about himself.
That is your opinion and I respect it. Reminds me of a Simpsons episode:

"Did you meet your husband online too?"
"No, I met him through friends, like a normal person"

Many people think like yourself and believe that meeting people online is for losers, but I'm seeing opportunity rather than berating these people.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You guys realize that the traditional female role in the house is dissapearing because of the economy.. right?
I disagree. But, you made me think of something. American women in the 90's had more leverage in selecting a mate with a higher income potential. Now that choice has diminished and more concessions on her end have to be made. My ex-fiancee was demanding about her 2-month salary diamond. My wife now is absolutely elated with a $900 half carat.

Quote:
How many families can afford to not have both people work anymore?
I know the number is decreasing, but the demographic of customer I'm speaking of is not worried about this.

Quote:
Everything is much more expensive than it used to be, everyone "NEEDS" way more than they used to need. The traditional american housewife role is gone because there's just no way a family can afford this.
A foreign housewife has many career opportunities. ESL teacher, nanny, home business, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships