Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Why in the world should he be flattered if he is not gay???
Some of these people don't seem to understand that. Some of these people are so desperate for attention I guess they think getting hit on by a gay person is better than nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Uh, because it means he's attractive. Did you really have to ask that?

No it means he is bi-curious if he is flattered. No straight man should be flattered from getting hit on from gay men.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Some of these people don't seem to understand that. Some of these people are so desperate for attention I guess they think getting hit on by a gay person is better than nothing.

If a gay disrespected me in public and felt it was ok to compliment that would not a pretty situation.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Being hit on by a gay man is better than nothing, because at least it means that someone felt you were attractive enough to hit on you. It may not help you any in that it can't possibly lead to a date, but at least it's flattering. I honestly can't comprehend seeing this as an insult instead of a compliment.

Quote:
No it means he is bi-curious if he is flattered.
Not even remotely. Some of us can accept a compliment without becoming hilariously uncomfortable.

Quote:
If a gay disrespected me in public and felt it was ok to compliment that would not a pretty situation.
So a guy is disrespecting you by complimenting you? Your brain continues to baffle me.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Being hit on by a gay man is better than nothing, because at least it means that someone felt you were attractive enough to hit on you. It may not help you any in that it can't possibly lead to a date, but at least it's flattering. I honestly can't comprehend seeing this as an insult instead of a compliment.

Not even remotely. Some of us can accept a compliment without becoming hilariously uncomfortable.

So a guy is disrespecting you by complimenting you? Your brain continues to baffle me.

Yes because a gay man complimenting a straight man in public is not normal behavior

Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times
Quote:
Homophobic guys don't give a damn if they're attractive to gays.
FTFY.

Quote:
That's no compliment to me, it's an insult, because I'm a pathetic immature loser who is threatened by other people's sexual orientation.
And again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, that would be a HUUUUGE compliment. The gay guys I know have ridiciulously high standards when it comes to looks in other dudes.
Exactly.

Quote:
No it means he is bi-curious if he is flattered. No homophobic man should be flattered from getting hit on from gay men.
FTFY, too.

Quote:
If a gay disrespected me in public and felt it was ok to compliment that would not a pretty situation, because I'm a giant pathetic motherf*cking homophobe
And again, just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Typical machismo bull**** is why some guys get all weird about it....... I'm not gay, but it's certainly not the end of the world if some gay dude hit on me.... I wouldn't get all bent about it, just explain to my musicals appreciating friend that I didn't swing that way....
Exactly.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 AM

385 posts, read 626,534 times
Quote:
No it means he is bi-curious if he is flattered. No straight man should be flattered from getting hit on from gay men.
I call BS on this. I'm a gay dude and if a girl hit on me or complimented me I would be flattered but decline of course. What's the difference vice versa?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
I call BS on this. I'm a gay dude and if a girl hit on me or complimented me I would be flattered but decline of course. What's the difference vice versa?
There's no difference, unless you're a homophobe. ChiNaan nailed it.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 AM

385 posts, read 626,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
There's no difference, unless you're a homophobe. ChiNaan nailed it.
I agree.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
FTFY.

And again.

Exactly.

FTFY, too.

And again, just to be safe.

Exactly.

Exactly.
You can take your P.C. Crap somewhere else, because I really don't give a damn. Calling somebody a homophobe may work on sheep that doesn't work on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships