Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM

543 posts, read 534,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
here's a thought, aproach someone

if that doesn't work, then fine you're in the same boat

men default to approaching so if that doesn't work they're SOL(I've always wondered what that acronym stands for), women don't so if not approaching doesn't work they could always approach a guy
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to devilkingx2 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You didn't read my post. I said if the men don't react when women approach them, the women are out of luck. You're assuming women don't approach, but you're wrong.
Let me guess. More of this "signals" hogwash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
How many people looking for a one night stand or easy sex are going to be that focused on communication?
On a more serious note, probably not.

Quote:
Bwahahahaha!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Bwahahahaha!
LOL, not picking on you Hurricane, just trying to make a point to the guys here. None of whom have responded but you! Bravo!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
LOL, not picking on you Hurricane, just trying to make a point to the guys here. None of whom have responded but you! Bravo!
I know. I just like testing my thoughts against others.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Let me guess. More of this "signals" hogwash.
Actually some few women do approach. They are small in number, and they approach what they like, but they do approach.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
I think the trap some men fall into is trying to be the guy women say they want as opposed to looking at the men she actually ends up with.

For all the complaining they do about the typical man -- "oh he's not romantic enough," "oh he never texts me," "oh all he wants to do is stay home and watch tv, never take me anywhere interesting," blah blah blah -- that guy always gets laid.

What women say they want and what they actually end up with are often different things.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I think the trap some men fall into is trying to be the guy women say they want as opposed to looking at the men she actually ends up with.

For all the complaining they do about the typical man -- "oh he's not romantic enough," "oh he never texts me," "oh all he wants to do is stay home and watch tv, never take me anywhere interesting," blah blah blah -- that guy always gets laid.

What women say they want and what they actually end up with are often different things.
What about the guy that doesn't get laid?

How is he different?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:

I think maybe you are half right. At least for myself - I was unhappy in my relationship with my ex-fiance because I felt like he didn't show me he loved me enough. I wanted more spontaneous phone calls when we were long distance - not just calling at our designated time. I wanted little shows of affection - a card, a flower, a post it note with something sweet on it. Well, I realize now that it wasn't that I wanted all that extra stuff - I wanted more of the concrete stuff. I wanted someone who needed me like I needed them. I wanted someone who made me feel loved - and not by giving me a flower or a card. My husband isn't romantic. My husband doesn't often leave me little gifts of love. But my husband loves me and I know it and feel it every second of the day. I don't need flowers or cards when I know I have his love.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:44 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
To be honest - it's not just about selfish men. Sometimes it just takes awhile to figure out how to orgasm with someone new. Sometimes it happens right away - and sometimes it doesn't. It's not always the guy's fault. So - it's not really about - would you still pursue sex with anyone when you could wind up with a selfish partner. It's about - would you still pursue sex with anyone when you know there is a large chance that you will not orgasm. If pursuing sex is all about getting off - would you still pursue it as vehemently if there was a big change that you wouldn't be getting off?

I have to be really into a person to pursue sex with them (the downside of this is that i have emotional baggage from a desolate early childhood, to the point that I'm more into the emotional component than the sex component), so I'm happy if they have an orgasm and it's okay if I don't, and I try harder to ensure that they do.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
Quote:

which is why men shouldnt be anything but themselves and be confident in who they are which is really what women are attracted to and not someone that has to act like someone else to appease them.

If girls are complaining that guys arent relationship minded then they probably arent either meeting the right guys or meeting them in the wrong venues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships