Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
One of the biggest myths on the internet, among young men, is that women's dry spells are not as long as men's.

I think the main difference is that women think it's normal to go several years without a date, so they don't come to forums and ask what is wrong with them/life/the world/men/etc.

I'm not sure why that is. Do men IRL lie to each other about how they are getting laid all the time, like men in movies do? Women don't.

That's how it is for beautiful women, and average ones, and ugly ones, IRL.
Lol. Voluntary celibacy is much different than forced celibacy. Do not act like beautiful women have it just as tough as average Joe in the dating market. Comical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:15 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Lol. Voluntary celibacy is much different than forced celibacy. Do not act like beautiful women have it just as tough as average Joe in the dating market. Comical.
most women aren't beautiful. There are just as many an average Jane as an average Joe.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
most women aren't beautiful. There are just as many an average Jane as an average Joe.
1. That wasn't the argument
2. Even for plain Jane, her dry spell is usually voluntary vs. average Joe who would love to have sex, but can't seem to find a willing partner.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
1. That wasn't the argument
2. Even for plain Jane, her dry spell is usually voluntary vs. average Joe who would love to have sex, but can't seem to find a willing partner.
Are you suggesting that women date a select few men?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that women date a select few men?
Absolutely.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Absolutely.
Well, women on this forum claim otherwise.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:27 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,069 times
I think most guys develop the communication skills that allow them to meet women and date eventually, but that many are very late bloomers. Even in college I knew some guys that were so clueless that I could never imagine them dating, but now 15 years later I see they are married and having kids.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Well, women on this forum claim otherwise.
Never believe what a woman tells you, believe what you see. All women say they want a nice sensitive guy, but why then do many of those same women date guys some would refer to aa "jerks," "aholes," or "players?" It's not rocket science.

The jist of my argument though, is that for many men, their dry spell is NOT a choice. If a even marginally attractive woman tries to rationalize to you that she just "cant get laid," she is deluding you and herself about her CHOICE not to have sex or date.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Never believe what a woman tells you, believe what you see.
Why not? There are women here who have trouble finding a date that they want, just like men have trouble finding women they are attracted to.

Quote:
All women say they want a nice sensitive guy, but why then do many of those same women date guys some would refer to aa "jerks," "aholes," or "players?" It's not rocket science.
From what I read, the women date the "players" because of either immaturity or the fact that he can give something to them that the nice guy cannot, a good time.

Quote:
The jist of my argument though, is that for many men, their dry spell is NOT a choice. If a even marginally attractive woman tries to rationalize to you that she just "cant get laid," she is deluding you and herself about her CHOICE not to have sex or date.
What about the suggestion that men date women of the same desirability as themselves? If men refuse that, then their dry spell is also a choice.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Why not? There are women here who have trouble finding a date that they want, just like men have trouble finding women they are attracted to.
A woman's ability to rationalize her decisions is above and beyond that of a man. She'll lie to herself and then you, all while believing her own BS. Read actions, not words. I tend to see American women having much higher standards than American men, even if those standards are not attainable.

From what I read, the women date the "players" because of either immaturity or the fact that he can give something to them that the nice guy cannot, a good time.
Women date "players" and or "jerks" because they display attractive qualities that trump their dickishness. It's not about immaturity. Attraction is not a choice, it is a biological response. There are plenty of good guys that also have these attractive qualities, but they are usually taken and not playing the field.

What about the suggestion that men date women of the same desirability as themselves? If men refuse that, then their dry spell is also a choice.
I would venture to say that men will COMMITT to women that are at the upper echeleon of what they can get on the desirability scale, but will sleep with much lower. If he can't even get with what was previously beneath him, his dry spell is not a choice. In fact, the stench of desperaton is probably what is keeping him not voluntarily celibate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships