Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 AM

947 posts, read 1,187,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Another thing. There was a thread not too long ago that said that 80% of men were below average looking. With mentalities like that is no surprise that there are so many men who get no action. I wonder how many women out there think like that. This is why I beleive prostitution could cure some of these issues but some people here misunderstand me. Those very selfish rotten men could go there and get what they want pay for it and move on and fewer women would have to deal with them.
I'm pretty sure that was the same old link from that OkCupid website. People on a dating site are not an accurate representation for the rest of the vast population that don't use them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 11:55 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Biologically and anatomically speaking nature has made the genders so different that it surprises me how people even connect. Women can take so much longer to reach the big O that a lot of men can't just keep up. Certainly there are men out there who are jerks and only ,are about what they want.
Actually, almost all women take under 20 minutes, and a large number take under 5 minutes, when masturbating.

If it is taking you longer than that to get her off, you are doing it wrong. After all, with you she is starting at a much higher level of arousal than when she is just alone and bored. I hope.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
here's a thought, aproach someone

if that doesn't work, then fine you're in the same boat

men default to approaching so if that doesn't work they're SOL(I've always wondered what that acronym stands for), women don't so if not approaching doesn't work they could always approach a guy
You didn't read my post. I said if the men don't react when women approach them, the women are out of luck. You're assuming women don't approach, but you're wrong.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Biologically and anatomically speaking nature has made the genders so different that it surprises me how people even connect. Women can take so much longer to reach the big O that a lot of men can't just keep up. Certainly there are men out there who are jerks and only ,are about what they want.
So what does this mean? That it's ok to give up and skip her needs, and just use her to get yourself off? And men are surprised they have trouble picking up women?! How eager would you be to have sex if you weren't allowed to have an orgasm? Why don't guys get this?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So what does this mean? That it's ok to give up and skip her needs, and just use her to get yourself off? And men are surprised they have trouble picking up women?! How eager would you be to have sex if you weren't allowed to have an orgasm? Why don't guys get this?
Interesting question. I would like to hear some answers.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Interesting question. I would like to hear some answers.
It's the $50,000 question.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's the $50,000 question.
No it's not, I don't think there are men here who just want to satisfy themselves when having sex.

Or are there?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:12 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
The overwhelming majority of men I know who are in relationships kind of stumbled into it. None of these guys are the type to be dating various women while being single - more like they were single for huge periods of time until they were lucky enough to find a girl through friends or work or something who liked them. I know very very very few men who can be single and have no problem dating multiple women. My best friend is an example of this - good looking smart young dude from a rich family who is a fantastic guy...he was damn near permanently single for 3 or 4 years until he stumbled onto his current girlfriend. I know guys at my gym who are extremely good looking and extremely kind/friendly who I've never seen with a girl in years and years that I've known them

Why is it so incredibly difficult for most men to be successful with women? I don't even believe all the crap on the net posted about looks, status, personality, confidence or income...I know plenty guys with most or even all those traits who have very little dating success. I'm completely baffled by what it takes to do well in dating

I mean obviously the opposite of that is not true... Most of these girls that my friends are dating would have 50 guys ready to date them the second they would break up with their current boyfriends so why does this imbalance exist?

Are there a larger number of men who find dating to be manageable and I'm just not finding them?
For me it's because, to be honest, I don't have the interpersonal skills. I have all the qualifications that women say they want.. I'm nice without being a pushover, good with kids, like pets, enjoy yardwork, keep my home clean, exercise and stay fit and lean, etc.. but I don't approach them and don't really 'mingle' with groups that well. I'm not interested in having a large social life, going out with friends all the time, or things like that. I also am not interested in sleeping around with everyone at work, like people at work seem to do. Basically some of the men who are least likely to make good husbands seem to get the most women, because women say they want one thing, but in the end it's the guys who are out there drinking and partying they seem to gravitate towards, because the guys are 'exciting' and well, I'm 'boring'

I've come to accept this though. It's the way humans are biologically wired and the way american culture has brought us up. Plus the thread is more proof that people put too much emphasis on sex. Sex is secondary to me as a reason to get into a 'relationship' .. it's easy enough to get 'sex' but harder to find someone to 'vibe' with over the longer term. People seem to be much more casual these days and less likely to want to settle in the first place.

That thread in the forum about the guy who's been married 15 years and yet has been with hundreds of women.. that about sums up the 'problem' with society as I see it.. women fall for these guys all the time even though they claim to want somebody different. It's pretty easy to fool people with words and body language.

Last edited by sholomar; 07-21-2013 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
No it's not, I don't think there are men here who just want to satisfy themselves when having sex.

Or are there?
You re answering a different question. Ruth (and I) want to know if men would just as eagerly pursue sex if they assumed they would be unable to orgasm. In other words, is sex as fun and interesting and desirable without an O? Is it even worth the time and effort (and, for women, safety issues) to engage sexually with a stranger?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You re answering a different question. Ruth (and I) want to know if men would just as eagerly pursue sex if they assumed they would be unable to orgasm. In other words, is sex as fun and interesting and desirable without an O? Is it even worth the time and effort (and, for women, safety issues) to engage sexually with a stranger?
Considering the fact that women aren't likely to orgasm from penetration alone, and men can, I'd say it's more likely that the women are getting the worse end of the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships