Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 10:42 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why doesn't it seem that way to you?
Well as I.said it is my perception and it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a fact but to me it seems that there are way more men out there looking for women than the other way around. I never hear men complaining that all women want is sex from them or they are constantly being harrased by some creepy woman but I sure hear that from.women all the time. It is only a perception. Certainly in a relationship the rules are different, there is a bond and all that stuff but outside of that I don't see women showing the same interest in men as the other way around but as I said that is just how it seems to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 11:12 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This is nonsensical babble.
So, you want to say that if every man plays it right (just the way TS wants it), every man can be successful with women (notice, it's plural women), it's arithmetically impossible since this sort of success implies somebody's else failure by default. You better work on your reasoning abilities before calling something "nonsensical babble".

Old 07-21-2013, 12:01 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well as I.said it is my perception and it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a fact but to me it seems that there are way more men out there looking for women than the other way around. I never hear men complaining that all women want is sex from them or they are constantly being harrased by some creepy woman but I sure hear that from.women all the time. It is only a perception. Certainly in a relationship the rules are different, there is a bond and all that stuff but outside of that I don't see women showing the same interest in men as the other way around but as I said that is just how it seems to me.
OK, I see what you're talking about. I wasn't sure if you were speaking from experience in relationships, or more generally on a social level.

Women don't come onto men all the time (though some do, some are shocking, and do weird stuff even in public), because a lot of men don't deliver. Sex is more complicated for women, there are too many selfish guys out there who just walk away when they're done without giving the woman what she needs. So women have to be discerning. If women could be guaranteed of getting an orgasm with any guy, the scene would change radically. But make no mistake, women are highly interested in sex.

What I don't understand is, why don't men get this? Still? No matter how many years, decades, generations, and centuries go by, guys still don't understand how sex works (and doesn't work) for women, and how that motivates or de-motivates their sexual behavior. That mystifies me. Why do we need to keep explaining this on C-D? Over and over. Isn't it pretty basic?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:38 AM

355 posts, read 389,222 times
Quote:
Men choose who gets approached. if they don't approach the women who are interested in them, and if they don't react when those women approach them, the women are SOL. Some women go years without being approached by anyone at all. Everyone has involuntary dry spells. It's difficult for everyone, men don't have it any worse off than women.
here's a thought, aproach someone

if that doesn't work, then fine you're in the same boat

men default to approaching so if that doesn't work they're SOL(I've always wondered what that acronym stands for), women don't so if not approaching doesn't work they could always approach a guy

Old 07-21-2013, 12:40 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
here's a thought, aproach someone

if that doesn't work, then fine you're in the same boat

men default to approaching so if that doesn't work they're SOL(I've always wondered what that acronym stands for), women don't so if not approaching doesn't work they could always approach a guy
SOL stands for *expletive* out of luck.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:08 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
I live in a more rural area with people of all different ages. I don't think it is easy at all to find a SO here. Because it is rural a lot of people tend to keep to themselves more. It is certainly not an area where people pick-up on the opposite sex that much. I know many people that have been single and alone for quite a number of years.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
OK, I see what you're talking about. I wasn't sure if you were speaking from experience in relationships, or more generally on a social level.

Women don't come onto men all the time (though some do, some are shocking, and do weird stuff even in public), because a lot of men don't deliver. Sex is more complicated for women, there are too many selfish guys out there who just walk away when they're done without giving the woman what she needs. So women have to be discerning. If women could be guaranteed of getting an orgasm with any guy, the scene would change radically. But make no mistake, women are highly interested in sex.

What I don't understand is, why don't men get this? Still? No matter how many years, decades, generations, and centuries go by, guys still don't understand how sex works (and doesn't work) for women, and how that motivates or de-motivates their sexual behavior. That mystifies me. Why do we need to keep explaining this on C-D? Over and over. Isn't it pretty basic?
Biologically and anatomically speaking nature has made the genders so different that it surprises me how people even connect. Women can take so much longer to reach the big O that a lot of men can't just keep up. Certainly there are men out there who are jerks and only ,are about what they want.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Another thing. There was a thread not too long ago that said that 80% of men were below average looking. With mentalities like that is no surprise that there are so many men who get no action. I wonder how many women out there think like that. This is why I beleive prostitution could cure some of these issues but some people here misunderstand me. Those very selfish rotten men could go there and get what they want pay for it and move on and fewer women would have to deal with them.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:28 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,391 times
Women will always get more attention, more and faster sex, more options than men.....END OF STORY.

With that said, every man must learn how to hunt, regardless if they are good looking, ugly, rich, poor, smart, dumb, short or tall. If you learn at a young age, follow your instinct, and hone your skills, you should be fine. It's a lot like hunting, you must perfect that craft. You are going to strike out more than achieving success but it's a numbers game, if you are persistent, you'll eventually land a successful hunt or two. Rinse and repeat.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,792 times
This has been my experience on the dating scene, when I was 20 something and a fresh peice of meat, I had the time and energy to go to the dating scene pick-up places, like bars, clubs, etc. I felt I was constantly under seige from men, the ones who slide up to you and give you the witty one liners which all mean the same thing " I want a one night stand", I didn't want a one night stand, I wanted to find a real person to be a boyfriend. Someone who saw beyond their hormones, and saw something worth having in me besides sex. Its probably the same thing most guys are up against who have said here that they have a hard time "getting" girls. I think its pretty off putting to a beautiful young woman with intelligence, who has a lot to offer and knows it, to have some guy leering at their chest and slurring out stupid pick up lines.
But then, its not like guys try to pick you up anywhere else is it? The bar, club etc, is the meat market. If you're there, then it means you understand, you're the piece of meat.
If you have come to the place where you understand you want more than what a prostitute can give you, maybe its time to find a different scene. Like all the social things you can research and find in your area, the stuff you like to do is the place to meet someone who is going to be like you, and have the same interests.
I wished I had known about that in my twenties but then, that was a long time ago, and the internet stuff hadn't happened yet. I was new to the college town I lived in and just wanted to meet new people. So bars, clubs and stuff was NOT a good choice, but seemed like the only choice.
What a huge gap between what men want and what women want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships