Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 07:38 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Let me guess. More of this "signals" hogwash.
Nope. Approach as in: initiate a conversation with. Take the initiative. Devilviking makes a lot of invalid assumptions. So have you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, if partners communicated with each other, they would make sure that each of them were satisfied.
That tends to only happen in a steady relationship (and sometimes not even then), not hook-ups or ONS. That's the point. Guys complain that "women are picky". Well, of course they are! They have to be, if they don't want to be just used and dumped. Again, the question is: why don't guys get this?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That tends to only happen in a steady relationship (and sometimes not even then), not hook-ups or ONS. That's the point. Guys complain that "women are picky". Well, of course they are! They have to be, if they don't want to be just used and dumped. Again, the question is: why don't guys get this?
This is an excellent point... there are a lot of guys who are more than willing to tell a little white lie like 'I like you and want to get to know you better' to manipulate a woman's emotions and get what he really wants...usually sex.

To all the guys saying 'well, I'D never do that!!' Well, how do we know?! Some of the nicest guys I've met, the ones who come across as decent, great catches have also been the best manipulators because they can make a woman feel comfortable.

It sucks, but it's really difficult to trust people, especially people who you've never met or heard of before.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:08 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
I think most men DO get it. Clearly there are many male posters here, that do not, and their posts indicate how truly little they understand about relationships OR women. Honestly, these poor fellas really don't have a clue as to how different men and women are, and why. I don't know if you ever saw this particular thread....this guy posted his frustration about how unjust it was that women should not simply provide him with sex, if he wanted it. After all, they would get it too...so it just didn't seem fair to him. I mean, he deserved sex, just like everyone.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think most men DO get it. Clearly there are many male posters here, that do not, and their posts indicate how truly little they understand about relationships OR women. Honestly, these poor fellas really don't have a clue as to how different men and women are, and why. I don't know if you ever saw this particular thread....this guy posted his frustration about how unjust it was that women should not simply provide him with sex, if he wanted it. After all, they would get it too...so it just didn't seem fair to him. I mean, he deserved sex, just like everyone.
Oh, yes. We all remember lpfan! And we're very grateful to our hard-working mods who have spared us the aggravation of his posting.

Congrats on your impending 8th star, wtw, ChessieMom!

Old 07-21-2013, 08:20 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
there are girls out there though that will use guys, lead them on and then run after the bad boy regardless of what his true intentions may be. to say one gender is worse than the other is incorrect. There are bad people regardless of gender.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Oh, yes. We all remember lpfan! And we're very grateful to our hard-working mods who have spared us the aggravation of his posting.
No kidding!!

Quote:
Congrats on your impending 8th star, wtw, ChessieMom!
Why thank you ma'am. I swear I never noticed those until a little while ago...and then all of a sudden there they were.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
there are girls out there though that will use guys, lead them on and then run after the bad boy regardless of what his true intentions may be. to say one gender is worse than the other is incorrect. There are bad people regardless of gender.
I agree. I think that it's just there seem to be some men on here that don't understand why women won't just "give" them sex. As if we are deliberately punishing the male gender simply because we feel like it. But I agree - there are bad apples of both genders.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,175,515 times
SO I read the whole thing, and I'm still not sure how this went from relationships to sex.

At any event, the women who are taken tend to be the ones who give off the "ask me out" signs the most in real world. I've noticed this even with female coworkers who after marriage suddenly decided to talk to me a lot more and crack up at any jokes I made. A friend of mine says women just perceive men as threatening when they're single, but once they're off the market finally open up and try be friendly to just random guys. End result the women I've run across in daily life who seem to be the most into are married. So let's even throw it out that half were just lying. So you have the single ladies doing their best to shut out single guys and you get the situation wherein single women never get asked out (in part because they're not showing any interest in a guy when he's putting out feelers to see if she's interested), and guys can go around asking out the women who seem to be into him only to find out that they're off the market.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
A friend of mine says women just perceive men as threatening when they're single, but once they're off the market finally open up and try be friendly to just random guys. End result the women I've run across in daily life who seem to be the most into are married. So let's even throw it out that half were just lying. So you have the single ladies doing their best to shut out single guys and you get the situation wherein single women never get asked out (in part because they're not showing any interest in a guy when he's putting out feelers to see if she's interested), and guys can go around asking out the women who seem to be into him only to find out that they're off the market.
You've been misinformed. Why would single women want to shut out single guys? That makes no sense. Women can give off all the "ask me out" signals they want, but if the guy isn't interested in her, it'll do no good. I'll meet you half way on one point, though; sometimes women don't know a guy is "putting out feelers to see if she's interested". The guy may be too subtle, and she doesn't recognize HIS signals for what they are. Then a gf may say afterwards, "why didn't you talk to that guy? He was into you". And the women says, "He was?? What guy?' This happens when the genders are reversed, too. I think it's a small minority of women who might view single men as threatening, across the board. I've never heard of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships