Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM

529 posts, read 702,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
really bc i know plenty of unemployed men with girlfriends
So you think that most women will go out with an unemployed man then, right? I would dare say you're in the minority then. (BTW, we're not talking about "he's unemployed but he's 19 and in college" because that's how most people are at that age. We're talking "he's unemployed and he's 26 and I went out with him when he was unemployed.")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
I would agree that most women are not going to get with a guy who they hate just for the money. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that women DO take money into account when looking at a man, and not in a small way. Men don't look at women that way. They don't go "hm, could she support me? OK, then I'll go out with her." Trust me on that.
And that has nothing to do with gold digging.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
you seem to want to change the definition of gold diggers - then do you think that the majority of women are only aiming for men because of their money?
See, again you're just trying to say "a gold-digger is someone who ONLY wants money." Before, you said a gold-digger wants money ALONE. You're just repeating yourself. If you want to define "gold-digging" as "a woman detests a man but he's rich so she goes with him and that's the only way it's gold-digging," then sure most women aren't gold-diggers by your definition, which is totally irrelevant. See, it's just women trying to excuse their behavior.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And that has nothing to do with gold digging.
You can say that all you want, but it doesn't make it so. In talking to you women, it's quite apparent that you feel entitled to a guy "providing me with a lifestyle I expect." Well, that's the same as if I married a woman, then dumped her as soon as she got old or fat and said "she stopped meeting my expectations."

Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I don't find it funny and it isn't "basically the same" at all. There are people who are not generous, who do not know the meaning of giving without expecting something in return, who keep score and feel that spending on another entitles them to something.

It is my impression that these are the types who cry gold digger at the drop of a hat, not because the woman is a gold digger but that they are simply too cheap and selfish with their own money.
So when you go into a relationship, I presume that you DO know the "meaning of giving without expecting something in return" and you give to the guy without expecting anything in return, right? LOL.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
I would agree that most women are not going to get with a guy who they hate just for the money. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that women DO take money into account when looking at a man, and not in a small way. Men don't look at women that way. They don't go "hm, could she support me? OK, then I'll go out with her." Trust me on that.
Well, I agree women take money into account. I do. But I think men take money into account too. In this thread alone you have men talking about how they aren't going to support a woman or let some woman use them for money. And women do the same--they aren't going to date someone who is purposefully dead weight. So why is it okay for men to do that, but not women?

I was married to someone who made less than me and had poor credit habits. I was surprised to find out about all his secret credit cards when he asked for the divorce--he charged up $60k in debt on those secret cards. When the divorce settled, I got to take on half of that. But he was always a spendthrift and a fool with money. I will never date a man like that again.

I don't need a rich man... and I really don't care how much money a man has or doesn't. What I really care about is what does he do with what he has? If a man makes $200k a year and spends $201k a year--sorry, he's not desirable, he's foolish. But a man who makes $45k a year and spends $40k a year (or better yet only spends $38k--which means he's saving 15% like me)--he's the kind of man I am interested in. He thinks similar to me when it comes to finances and we would get along. It's not the raw numbers that matter, it's the financial wisdom.

I think most women *are* this way... this is how they consider money. And I would think (and hope) most men are this way too when they consider women.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, I agree women take money into account. I do. But I think men take money into account too. In this thread alone you have men talking about how they aren't going to support a woman or let some woman use them for money. And women do the same--they aren't going to date someone who is purposefully dead weight. So why is it okay for men to do that, but not women?
But it's not "okay." Look at how the women respond. It's with outrage, like "oh, you refuse to provide for me? Then you suck! Go die! You're just bitter and your genitals are probably small! You're no man, you're a BOY! Now give me that lifestyle!"

Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
So when you go into a relationship, I presume that you DO know the "meaning of giving without expecting something in return" and you give to the guy without expecting anything in return, right? LOL.
"LOL", yes I do. I was raised to be considerate of others, to be generous, able to give and not always expect something in return. I've certainly had no shortage of people in my life trying to take advantage of that though.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:32 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
But it's not "okay." Look at how the women respond. It's with outrage, like "oh, you refuse to provide for me? Then you suck! Go die! You're just bitter and your genitals are probably small! You're no man, you're a BOY! Now give me that lifestyle!"
Where have women responded with outrage?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I don't need a rich man... and I really don't care how much money a man has or doesn't. What I really care about is what does he do with what he has? If a man makes $200k a year and spends $201k a year--sorry, he's not desirable, he's foolish. But a man who makes $45k a year and spends $40k a year (or better yet only spends $38k--which means he's saving 15% like me)--he's the kind of man I am interested in. He thinks similar to me when it comes to finances and we would get along. It's not the raw numbers that matter, it's the financial wisdom.

I think most women *are* this way... this is how they consider money. And I would think (and hope) most men are this way too when they consider women.
OK, but let's say a man is the $45K earner who spends $38K. How many women are attracted to that? If you're being honest, it's fairly few. Even the people on here mock guys who make $45K and drive a Civic as "losers." It's not "well, I am only looking at your finances to see how responsible you are." Or if it is, it's like "good, you're only spending $38K, that leaves $7K for me to spend."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships