Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 12:51 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Again, good luck with that. Not that it is not obtainable but really not all that common, quite rare actually.
Wrong again. Your replies indicate that we are not on the same page here as I know many long term married couples perfectly happy with each other who have never had children and don’t want any.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I know single parents that date and some that remarried. I'm sure it can make things more challenging but there are people who don't mind dating single parents and even becoming a step parent.
My mother was a single mother of three ( me and my sister's) and she got remarried to a great guy. They're expecting a baby in August of this year.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:55 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But you have (according to you)two houses and two cars. Actually you did say you made good money.
I do have two cars, and will soon have two houses. Waiting to settle on new one.

But i have always said I qualify based on my income. My income falls within the guidelines to receive assistance, since apparently I do get it. For now at least, it wil end shortly now that child support is starting.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:07 PM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Wrong again. Your replies indicate that we are not on the same page here as I know many long term married couples perfectly happy with each other who have never had children and don’t want any.

Ok. Did I say childless couples cant be happy.
I'm saying at some point in most peoples relationships someone or something may become important and time consuming and the spouse will not be #1 in their SO's life.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:05 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I guess I should have worded it "when will single moms be desirable to the good guys again?"

Granted my issue may be more of an online dating issue than a single mom issue. I don't know. I stopped looking and as of recently, have been hanging out with a guy I have known most of my life. Maybe he is the one. Time will tell.
Even if you worded it differently and inserted "good guys" my response would be the same.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I guess I should have worded it "when will single moms be desirable to the good guys again?"

Granted my issue may be more of an online dating issue than a single mom issue. I don't know. I stopped looking and as of recently, have been hanging out with a guy I have known most of my life. Maybe he is the one. Time will tell.
The dude with the GF that you couldn't figure out why he was dating?

Old 02-12-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Single moms should only date single dads, and only if they have the same number of kids. Otherwise the relationship over the long run will be full of all kinds of unexpected conflicts. And make sure neither of you has any guns. Haven't you heard of the Brady bill?
That's ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:55 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That's ridiculous.
I agree...my bf.. now husband was a cop..was I supposed to tell him to quit his job?

Old 02-12-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
I agree...my bf.. now husband was a cop..was I supposed to tell him to quit his job?
I think that poster was trying to be funny, but it wasn't clearly worded.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:23 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
I look at it differently being a woman but I would question the morals of someone who had a kid with someone who disappeared. I know people like that and it's an issue. I'd never date a man who didn't support the kids.

What are you talking about? My morals?? Women get married..have babies and the husband wigs out, so what is she supposed to do?.. It does happen... I supported my son on no child support, worked two jobs and then met a guy who accepted my stinky, germ riddled, kid... I wasn't a slug.... my husband liked that my ex wasn't around..less BS...and as a matter of fact the State of California found him recently...garnished his wages.. dropped money into my checking account which was a surprise.. and is making him pay the back child support...my son is 32...if it keeps up, maybe I can give him enough to pay toward college loans..

I agree...I would never date a man who didn't support his kids....in fact my bf now husband had custody of his two boys when they were young since his ex dropped him off on his porch one day covered in calamine lotion with chicken pox..her boyfriend at the time didn't want the baggage... like some people here....only she was their mother......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships