Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 08:05 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastian36 View Post
Single moms are as desirable as all other women. It's the men who are to blame here, if they find single moms any less desirable than those without kids. Well, that's at least my point of view.
Move along, just another militant feminist trying to manshame instead of accepting responsibility.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:12 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
All this talk of single moms being undateable and undesirable...

Will it always be the case for single moms? Do you ever become desirable again in the dating pool?
When the kids are out of the home and mom really is "single". Kind of hard to date someone who has to get a babysitter or can be called away during the date, plus the whole sleeping over issue. Just not something most men care for dealing with.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
This argument is invalid, as alpha guys don't date single moms...
That would be absolutely false. I suppose you speak for all 'alpha' guys? Doubtful.

I'm assuming the term alpha is being used in replacement for 'macho'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
They may be dating, they may be someone's booty call, but guys are not keen on supporting some other mans kids. That is biology, psychology and human nature all rolled into one. The way I pictured my life never had someone else's kids in tow. Blood is thicker than water!!!
Goodness. Another male who speaks for all males everywhere. Who knew?

I dated a single Dad for a long time. I never pictured my life with another man's child either - but . . never say never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
So the reason you won't date a woman with kids is because you think you'll abuse her kids?

Wtf.
This poster obviously cannot trust himself.

Quote:
No, it's because I don't want to slave my ass off at work to support someone else's kids. I don't want their stink around me, their germs. I don't want their whiny bad attitudes. I don't want to pay the extra money for Tide, bleach, water and groceries. I don't want them tying up my telephone lines. I don't want to get stuck for their medical expenses. I don't want to get stuck turning the air conditioner up (and paying extra electricity) because a kid who I am not related to is uncomfortable. I don't want them wrecking my car. I don't want to have to pay for their cell phones. I don't want to get stuck with their tuition, soccer fees, cost of uniforms and school supplies! I don't want to be the cuckholded "parent" who isn't allowed to yell at someone else's kids (even though I get stuck with all their bills).

In other words, I do those kinds of things for my BLOOD (or adopted) children and I will do it for them for their entire lives, not just until they reach 18. I'm not some chump who is going to get stuck paying for someone else's kids!!!
I'm curious to know how old you are; viewing the 50's with such romanticism and such disdain for children.

Frankly, I do wonder what kind of parent you would be to any child including your own.

Quote:
Children. Yes, children were better off. They were better off financially, they had a place to go for the holidays, they had a chance to learn life's lessons by example instead of having to hear mommy's bed squeak while sexing her latest partner.

LGBT? LOL - These are some of the most miserable people by and large that you will ever meet. They were miserable then - they are even more miserable now. Look at the substance abuse rates, it is sky high among the sexually disordered.

By the way, the sexual revolution is also part of the Cultural Marxist infiltration of polite society. Google it.
Ahhhh. I see now. An extremist with a side of conspiracy. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Move along, just another militant feminist trying to manshame instead of accepting responsibility.
How cute! I love it when you talk like that.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I don't know about "militant feminist," but that poster is promoting his own website and selling a book. According to him, women are good at "folding laundry" and "helping to watch" the children.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
Quote:
Then don't date single moms. Easy.

But why is someone who IS willing to do those things a "chump"? Obviously they see value in the woman and her kids. Some people can bond with other people's kids and want to help out.

I agree....CHUMPS are the REAL DADS who disappear, not the ones who come into the picture.. that makes them CHAMPS in my book....my son bonded with my husband over sports and hunting....he's a doctor now... no thanks to bio dad...

Old 02-12-2015, 08:53 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I have a different view. IF I marry someone, we become one household. Meaning 1 financial pool to take care of his/mine/our kids. If I were to marry a man with kids I would have no problem contributing to their financial upkeep and stepping into a parental/mother figure/whatever they need role.

And this is how the majority of people I know think.
I have yet to know of a single situation where someone married a single parent and had to single handedly support their spouse and kids. Often quite the opposite. Man marries woman with kids who works and has child support monies coming in each month. Not to mention she may already have a house. Its probably worse for the single fathers because they are having money deducted from their check while the custodial parent is having money added to theirs.

On the lower economic scale many men live with single mothers to benefit from the free section 8 housing and food stamps, etc. and contribute little if anything financially.

I think it is perfectly ok for one not to want to be in a relationship with a single or divorced parent. Its fine if you do not want to part with your money for the benefit of others or can not muster any love or compassion for those that are not closely related by blood (actually microscopic DNA). To each their own. I do not see this as the majority tho. It is obvious just by observing our society that lots of people embrace the children of others; step parents, adoptive parents, fosters, god parents, mentors,

As for those who have a repulsion for the children of others I often wonder how you would feel if at some point your spouse became a single parent, or you became a single parent. Would you want your own children to have the benefit of a loving step parent and an intact family unit. Would you want your children to grow up in a stable, economically advantaged home or would they now become stinky, germ ridden baggage not worthy of affection from a non blood relative and be rightfully expected to grow up with only one parent and have a higher risk of falling prey to poverty, drugs and crime.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:59 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I don't really care for kids so I wouldn't date a single mom. Simple as that. I might think she's attractive, but I don't want to date a woman with a child.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yep. Those of us (both genders)who don't parents are often branded kid haters, hating the opposite sex, called selfish (yes shame on us for not wanting to support someone else's family), etc. No it's called being smart and yes someone who marries someone with kids and supports those kids is probably desperate or loves being a doormat.
I wouldn't give two if someone thought I was selfish for that. It's none of their business in the first place.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:09 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
I dont think it has a thing to do with the kids, with mom's being perceived as undatable. It has EVERYTHING to do with the quality person that the mom is. Is she taking care of her life, her kids, being responsible? If she's whining about how hard her life is, how she doesnt have any money, how the father is a deadbeat...chances are she was a whiner before she had kids.

I dont know of a single Mom who isnt dating. They are all great women, take care of their homes and their kids, work hard, and are just in general good quality people. Men are falling over themselves to date them.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:17 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I dont think it has a thing to do with the kids, with mom's being perceived as undatable. It has EVERYTHING to do with the quality person that the mom is. Is she taking care of her life, her kids, being responsible? If she's whining about how hard her life is, how she doesnt have any money, how the father is a deadbeat...chances are she was a whiner before she had kids.

I dont know of a single Mom who isnt dating. They are all great women, take care of their homes and their kids, work hard, and are just in general good quality people. Men are falling over themselves to date them.

^^I know of a single mom who has 3 kids, drop dead gorgeous, super smart, and very nice too. She's a 10 in my book regardless that she has kids; she is still way hotter in all categories than someone who has no kids, but have none of those other values. Shoot, if I was a guy, I would date her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships