Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 05:48 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The OP is a scam and having good time with you. Nothing she wrote make sense, but hey, her Enquirer type story has over 100 replies.
I'm wondering when the OP ever sleeps, seems like she posted starting yesterday morning all through the night. If you read her post in the psychology forum she hallucinates, and almost sounds like she's schizophrenic.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:11 AM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
So I've been talking to a guy online who tells me that I'm not objectively attractive, but he's willing to date me because he has low standards and he's lonely. Normally any person with an ounce of self respect would say no, but the thing is, his parents are rich and he's offering me to spoil me if I date him. Now I'm REALLY strapped for cash and could use the extra money. Not only is he offering me money if I meet him, but he promised to take me on expensive vacations, trips, shopping sprees, and rent out luxurious 5 star hotels and restaurants for us. I'm so poor I've never even been to a real restaurant in my life. When he talks to me about the decadent rich people food he eats, I'm confused since I've never even heard about those foods.

He says he doesn't care about looks and cares more about personality and how he's treated. Basically I'll just have to treat him like a king then I'll get rewarded for it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm not even sure if he can follow through with his promises. Even while talking online he's shown that he has a short fuse and anger issues, so I wouldn't feel exactly physically safe with him either.

But I'm still considering it. I mean I know I'm not attractive. Guys don't approach me and never hit on me. I never get any boyfriend offers from men, especially not rich men who can give me what I desperately need: money. So compounded with my need for money, I'm also deprived of love, attention, and self esteem.

Is there really anything bad about dating a guy you don't like and vice versa for the money? I think about it this way: you get disrespected at a low wage job (think manual labor) by your supervisors, people outside of work treat you worse once they find out you have a crappy job, you lose dignity, AND you have to wake up to an alarm and perform back breaking, grueling work for hours on end. With this rich guy, I can get paid and experience a taste of the rich lifestyle just for cuddling with him and lying on my back. That sounds like a better deal to me, but I don't know. I've never done it before.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?
You're already "broken" according to your profile name. Why would you open the door for more heartbreak?
I guess if you can look at it as merely a financial transaction, I guess that'd be ok. Don't know too many women that could do that though.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:14 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Thank you. I know meeting him is not the right thing to do, but sometimes I trip into a deep hole of depression and desperation, and I'm back to wanting him again. He's the only guy (outside of my family) in my life who's willing to talk to me. Guys at my college don't talk to me unless they're just being temporarily polite. I'm completely invisible to men, most of the time they won't even LOOK at me. I can't get a boyfriend where I live, not even a broke one, so you could understand why I'd fall for this rich dude offering me everything I ever wanted.

At one point I was so desperate for a boyfriend that I went on Craigslist offering free sex. Well my ad got removed and I didn't meet up with anyone, and I wouldn't have met up or had sex with any guy off there either way, but still, if I'm doomed to be lonely or in crappy relationships for the rest of my life, it might as well be with a rich guy who can spoil me financially right? There are girls in abusive relationships who don't even get paid, or girls who have sex for free then get dumped. It could be worse.
Seriously OP, you need a THERAPIST to figure out why you are so damn desperate to be "in a relationship."

Real men , the ones WORTH being with, can smell that desperation a mile away. No one wants a whiny, needy, clingy basket case.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:35 AM

51 posts, read 80,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
You're already "broken" according to your profile name. Why would you open the door for more heartbreak?
I guess if you can look at it as merely a financial transaction, I guess that'd be ok. Don't know too many women that could do that though.
You're right honestly, this whole thing is ridiculous and I need to block this guy now. I was feeling so much better when I had him blocked and he wasn't bothering or threatening me. I think this is all just rooted in my desire for financial security and companionship, but I need to accept that he's not going to give me what I need. I'm going to try to forget about this spoiled, narcissistic rich kid who constantly abuses me and try find another boyfriend or try to get back with my ex. For good this time. I need to have the self control. Thank god I never met him in person.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:39 AM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
Quote:
You're right honestly, this whole thing is ridiculous and I need to block this guy now. I was feeling so much better when I had him blocked and he wasn't bothering or threatening me. I think this is all just rooted in my desire for financial security and companionship, but I need to accept that he's not going to give me what I need. I'm going to try to forget about this spoiled, narcissistic rich kid who constantly abuses me and try find another boyfriend or try to get back with my ex. For good this time. I need to have the self control. Thank god I never met him in person.
He's sounds extremely annoying to be honest.

Just block the guy and ignore him. You'll find something better.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:07 AM

42 posts, read 25,417 times
Once a man calls you fat, stupid, and ugly, that should be a massive deal breaker. The guy if real is playing you. I may be wrong, but a predator would not love bomb telling someone they were fat, stupid, and ugly. That is and should be the fastest way to lose someone's interest.

He is an online guy. You never met him. I fail to see the apprehension and anxiety over dumping such a (gag) lovely guy.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:13 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,158,322 times
The first thing that came to my mind was he doesn't really think your that unattractive-- he is telling you that to 1) establish that he's in control and can feel power over you since now you have passively accepted his telling you your low owrth2) testing to see how much he can abuse you.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
I'm going to go up against everyone else's advice - I think he sounds like a total catch, a real dreamboat. If you don't want him, can you give me his contact info? I've always dreamed of catching a meal ticket in exchange for self degradation and abuse.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:56 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,914,311 times
Quote:
The OP is a scam and having good time with you. Nothing she wrote make sense, but hey, her Enquirer type story has over 100 replies.
CD should sell popcorn with their shows.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:57 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,058,401 times
Quote:
And not banned??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships