Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:15 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
You're right, my gut screams at me that this guy is bad news which is why I didn't meet up with him in the first place. I feel a bit trapped though because of his blackmail and threats. He's totally obsessed with me for some reason. If he even finds this thread displaying my distrust for him, he'll go absolutely berserk, begin with the threats to ruin my life and even try to bring innocent people like my family into it. He won't stop stalking me or monitoring my online activity on other forums that he knows I post on.

He even hires people to harass me. One time he hired a man to pretend to be some girl to try to get information out of me, and that man kept it up for days. Another time he shared my personal information and pictures with a sexual predator who then posted my pictures publicly. I got them removed quickly, but I still feel uncomfortable knowing that many unsavory people have my information and pictures.

This guy has his hooks deep into me and I can't escape. I feel like I'm trapped in some abusive relationship that isn't even real. I don't know what to do.

With the offerings of affection and money and threats if I don't comply, he has me completely under his control.
Whoa, this is burying the lede. Are we being catfished now?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I have heard there are two ways men treat women: they love them or use them. I prefer to be loved.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:18 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
You're right, my gut screams at me that this guy is bad news which is why I didn't meet up with him in the first place. I feel a bit trapped though because of his blackmail and threats. He's totally obsessed with me for some reason. If he even finds this thread displaying my distrust for him, he'll go absolutely berserk, begin with the threats to ruin my life and even try to bring innocent people like my family into it. He won't stop stalking me or monitoring my online activity on other forums that he knows I post on.

He even hires people to harass me. One time he hired a man to pretend to be some girl to try to get information out of me, and that man kept it up for days. Another time he shared my personal information and pictures with a sexual predator who then posted my pictures publicly. I got them removed quickly, but I still feel uncomfortable knowing that many unsavory people have my information and pictures.

This guy has his hooks deep into me and I can't escape. I feel like I'm trapped in some abusive relationship that isn't even real. I don't know what to do.

With the offerings of affection and money and threats if I don't comply, he has me completely under his control.
This doesn't sound crazy and made-up at all.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:23 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Okay so your original post was that you were wondering what we thought of a person dating a guy for money versus performing back-breaking menial labor jobs that don't pay as much.

I vote for menial labor jobs, it'll give you much more to do with your hands and creative imagination.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:26 AM

51 posts, read 80,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Whoa, this is burying the lede. Are we being catfished now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This doesn't sound crazy and made-up at all.
I genuinely wish it was all made up, but unfortunately I was too careless with my information and trusted the wrong people. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world. Never again will I make such a reckless mistake, hopefully.

But if he's this horrible to me online then it'll only get worse in real life, right? And like someone said in this thread no amount of money could make up for that. I'm so lost and confused.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:31 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
How are you paying for college?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:32 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
I genuinely wish it was all made up, but unfortunately I was too careless with my information and trusted the wrong people. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world. Never again will I make such a reckless mistake, hopefully.

But if he's this horrible to me online then it'll only get worse in real life, right? And like someone said in this thread no amount of money could make up for that. I'm so lost and confused.
What is your major?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:32 AM

51 posts, read 80,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
How are you paying for college?
Financial aid and scholarships cover everything. I'm depending on the financial aid refund check right now to get my finances back in order.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:14 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,454,142 times
Yeah, I can't see a SINGLE THING that could possibly go wrong here!

Old 09-30-2017, 12:33 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
Quote:
He hasn't bought me anything over the internet yet. He refuses to give me anything until I meet up with him in person. He said he's fine with buying me nice things and giving me money, but only in person because he doesn't want to get scammed. Is that a red flag?
There are so many red flags with this whole scenario, it's difficult to count them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships