Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 03:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLackland View Post
Men think about [having] sex almost all the time. Every day. Every hour. Men would like to have sex everyday. Some men would like to have sex several times a day. Notice I did not say love.
Most men I know are not interested in love. Sometimes it happens to them. Men do not look for love. Men look for sex. Men are apes.
To qualify my statement, I retired a year and a half back (many praises Heavenward). Part of that was in the military. Some construction, A couple years in a steel mill. Some work with college educated people.
When the guys would get together, they would discuss women in very chauvinistic terms. I did not. And sometimes, it was the religious guys leading the way. It took all types. Men are apes.
You sound like a sweet girl. I hope you find a gentleman. Keep your standards.

- Johnny Boy
Agree and disagree. I work with young guys and old. I rarely hear these men talking about women in such a manner, of course my field is highly technical and requires a brain too.

Some men are apes, some men are humans. Some are peacocks, more interested in conquest and spreading themselves around. Real men need a sense of purpose, responsibility and accomplishment that comes with their package of desires. Some men require more than just sex to be happy, some require a sense of comradery in order to commit themselves. Men are pack hunters, we need to know someone has our back and will not stick a sharp object in it.

That's the problem the OP will face in the future. Gaining the trust of a real man. Some women never do. Some women do not desire real men and vise versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 03:18 PM

78 posts, read 55,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
ellie, no one will do that if you're capable of getting pregnant without it. You have to have documented infertility problems.

If you just want to be pregnant and not in a relationship, AI is the way you go.
But from what I've understood, when you take the AI route you don't know the person whose sperm goes inside you. Right? What if a couple is married and they just aren't having sex, but still want kids? Why would that hinder their ability to do IVF?

Old 07-07-2019, 03:20 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I knew of a couple, I think in their mid-30s, that had sex only once a month...and...they were okay with it! Not sure I buy it. I know at least one person that wouldn't be okay with that arrangement.
Maybe they travel often for work, or work long hours. Who knows.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I don't think it's anybody's business but that couple. And I imagine she told your mother trusting that she wouldn't tell anybody. We can see how that went, can't we?????
Yeah, her friend whose husband has been cheating on her is really struggling with everything, she calls my mom at least 5 times a day for advice. And she told her not to tell anybody ... to be fair, I did kind of force it out of my mom because I was really curious.
As for her friend who has sex with her husband daily, I think that was probably in confidence too. My mom isn't great at keeping secrets.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:22 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie.sunshine View Post
But from what I've understood, when you take the AI route you don't know the person whose sperm goes inside you. Right? What if a couple is married and they just aren't having sex, but still want kids? Why would that hinder their ability to do IVF?
No. I'm sure there are doctors out there who would be willing to work with them, if that's what they wanted. There are IVF clinics that work with gay couples, single women, etc.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I knew of a couple, I think in their mid-30s, that had sex only once a month...and...they were okay with it! Not sure I buy it. I know at least one person that wouldn't be okay with that arrangement.
Once a month sounds pretty normal. I think I would be okay with that, maybe. Definitely more normal than every day

Old 07-07-2019, 03:24 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Once a month sounds pretty normal. I think I would be okay with that, maybe. Definitely more normal than every day
Well, I guess "normal" is subjective. It definitely wouldn't be normal...for me! lol I'm a multiple times a week kind of guy.

Of course, in a survey the average amount was 7 per month

https://www.healthline.com/health/ba...les-have-sex#1

Then this:

Most sex therapists agree that having sex less than 10 times a year is reason enough to label your marriage a sexless one.

So once a month, 12 times a year, is borderline "sexless marriage" 2 times shy of the mark.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:25 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Masturbation works only for so long. There is no person to person energy exchange. Man is desire, and that desire has to be satisfied routinely, with sex being one of the best ways to accomplish this. Real man without real sex goes cookoo and I am absolutely not surprised that he will adulterate with anyone available.

Smart woman, on the other hand, WILL make sure that man is sexually exhausted.
no, that's another stereotype and blaming it all on the woman, when in reality guys cheat even if they're "getting it" at home. I think the only guys who would think that are the ones who aren't getting any, bc as someone else agreed, there are plenty of guys who could have easy access, but choose to look elsewhere, bc no one's ever enough, or they prefer themselves.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
no, that's another stereotype and blaming it all on the woman, when in reality guys cheat even if they're "getting it" at home. I think the only guys who would think that are the ones who aren't getting any, bc as someone else agreed, there are plenty of guys who could have easy access, but choose to look elsewhere, bc no one's ever enough, or they prefer themselves.
I agree

Old 07-07-2019, 03:35 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
How does that sound "normal"? Is this your normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships