Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 09:31 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
he obviously likes her (wrote a 3-page thread about her).
theres a 50% chance she likes him (they have a good rapport with each other).

at this point it would be stupid not to ask her out; but, be prepared for the possibility of a 'no'.
I'm not seeing that they have a good rapport. She gives him the cold shoulder, as soon as she knows she has his attention. Seems like textbook game-playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 10:27 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
^ if he doesnt take a chance, 10, 15 years from now he mite be thinking 'what if' ?

Old 07-20-2019, 10:48 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ if he doesnt take a chance, 10, 15 years from now he mite be thinking 'what if' ?
Why would he be thinking that? In 10 years, he could well be happily married to someone more straightforward and receptive to him, who doesn't awkwardly blurt out personal problems when trying to get his attention, only to turn her back on him later. He may find himself shaking his head over the memory that he even took the slightest interest in the subject of his OP.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:18 PM

5 posts, read 5,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'd argue that her interest is likely both serious and genuine. Engaging in deep conversations isn't casual flirting or game playing.

As for her becoming cold towards the OP at times, I'm not really buying the other explanations that have been suggested (i.e. she views him as a challenge and she loses interest when he shows interest).

If I were to guess what's going on here, with the small amount of info we have, I'd say that she's going cold when the OP approaches her when other people are around. What I'm suggesting is that the OP may not be viewed as a "cool guy" on campus, and she might not want to be seen associating with him. Obviously that wouldn't be the ideal situation (if that's even the case), but it's the feeling I'm getting.
I guess I can see that. I'm friendly with everybody but, I'm not the cool guy by any imagination.

But yea, anyway, the girl in the OP did the same thing again. She waited around in the classroom to talk to the professor again, and was still around in the hall when I walked out. We ended up catching up again like before walking out together. Since then we've been talking more and more. She came and found me yesterday in the cafe for help on something. I don't want to look too deeply into because I can't tell if she's just being friendly or not but, Imma let it play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Because she's probably more trouble than she's worth. The thread is going in circles, now.
IDK about women around town who aren't students, but the OP already has plenty of prospects in his circle. He began the thread by saying, he's good at being "cool" around women, and has a number of women friends from his classes. He has lots of options with women he actually gets along with, and who are straightforward with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
All the OP said was: "I'm cool with most of the girls at school because they're cool back with me."

You're reading way too much into that.
I'm friendly with most people there. There is another girl in our class that I'm really good friends with. We talk, share food, sit next to each other, hang out around campus, etc. At first, she was extremely clingy and I knew she was interested in me but, with me being 22 and her being 18 (the girl I talked about in the OP is 21), she felt too inexperienced for me. After I didn't pursue anything with her, she just became like a little sister to me. That's why the other girl's hot/cold behavior was a bit off putting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships